Did Susan Powell's father-in-law have a "crush" on her?

All the songs sound like he is writing to someone he has crush on that does not feel the same.

the song I'm Missing You leave me feeling creepy almost like some stalker.

IMO
speechless

SP's songs definitely have a stalker undertone to them. IMO.

Hi Jacie and Welcome.

Do you have any info you can share with us?

Tricia

Thank you for the welcome Tricia.

My interest in this case is that I am a survivor of a violent DV attack, one that included a gun. It has been several years and I still have residual problems from the blunt force trauma head injuries.

We were in Salt Lake City about 10 days after Susan went missing, traveling through for the holidays. When I heard that Susan had written a journal and had opened a bank account, I knew that she had been in touch with a Domestic Violence advocate. This was either directly or through a web-site. Those of us who have been there know the 'red flags'. It saddened me that Susan was missing. In my attack I had been told that he would hide my body and no one would ever find me. I feared this is what had happened to Susan. When I saw the 'blue cap' interview, a chill went through me. POI's mannerisms and demeanor spoke volumes. I became part of the extended on line community that did not want Susan to be forgotten.

After a while, particularly when I read/saw the chantrey website, it was apparent that there was a troubling dynamic to this case. IMHO I don't believe that POI is capable of what has transpired since Dec. 6th/7th.

I hope that there is a resolution that brings peace to the family and places the culpable party[ies] in the legal system.

WoW! I haven't visited this forum for a few weeks and I'm stunned by this thread and possibility.

Tricia, if you have it on good sources, I would consider it's more probable than not. You add in the lyrics to some of his songs and it creates a shadow that is hard to ignore.

Welcome Jacie Estes. It's good to have you here. I totally get what you're saying. Once you're exposed to the personality of a dv abuser, they all appear to have some type of 'persona' about them and say very similar things. I've fortunately never been in a dv situation myself, but know people who have been. I've known people who escaped before it was too late, but threatening 'disappearing their victim where no one will every find them' is a standard phrase. There's more telling signs. "Over my dead body" or "..your dead body" seems to fit in this type of situation as well.

This fil infatuation is {creepy}, but telling. You add in the 'disappearance' of the fil's mom, it gives a sickening aura to the case. IMHO, poor Susan, she never stood a chance.

I, unfortunately do believe Susan is no longer with us. I just pray that someday she'll be found so that the perpetrator can be punished. It just seems so unfair that the one who may have done this can go on with their life without a thought for what they ultimately did. Or, perhaps they are in their own He!!. But I would still like to see them behind bars.

IF the one who we think did this did, I personally don't believe the fil had anything to do with it. But he may KNOW Susan's fate. He's certainly not going to tell!

This situation with most of the siblings living with the father and he's the only one working seems very unhealthy to me. What the heck to they do all day behind those walls? nevermind...............I'm AFRAID to know.

G*d help those poor innocent children to come out of this unscathed, and please let Susan be found. Her family needs her to come home.

JMHO
fran

Wow! This is most definitely creepy. The songs are definitely stalker-like. Just like the song by "The Police," "Every Breathe You Take."

This needs to be investigated POST HASTE!!!!

Only one adult works in that house? I guess they must get some good benefits from the state or are independently wealthy, huh?

I have followed this case since the beginning and yes, Josh's dad is totally creepy. Not only that, but I believe he may have been abusive to his children. That's just my own opinion. I am so worried about Susan's children, I feel they are definitely not in safe hands. I hope Josh is arrested soon!

I can vouch for Tricia's sources being completely reliable on this. The word "crush" is an understatement, but I realize Tricia is respecting the sources, and unable to elaborate at this time. I do hope that will change in the near future.

There is no much we don't know, but one question I contually ask is this:
Who would Josh (the sociopath) protect besides his two sons: His father.

Steven works selling furniture made in prisons that is then sold mostly to public schools and that on the side, he writes and edits songs using the name 'Steven Chantrey'.

Yes.
Steven Powell is a State of Washington employee (Correctional Industries is the department) -- CLICK HERE to see the department structure.

I'm pretty sure that his full name is Steven Chantry Powell, with the last name dropped for his romantic poetry and musical efforts. (I use the term "efforts" because "success" does not apply.)

For those who've not experienced the total, manly treat that is Steven Chantry, well....just CLICK HERE and gaze your eyes at the lumpy old guy sitting on the rock.

I think Josh designed that website. In fact, I'm positive of it.

Yes.
Steven Powell is a State of Washington employee (Correctional Industries is the department) -- CLICK HERE to see the department structure.

I'm pretty sure that his full name is Steven Chantry Powell, with the last name dropped for his romantic poetry and musical efforts. (I use the term "efforts" because "success" does not apply.)

For those who've not experienced the total, manly treat that is Steven Chantry, well....just CLICK HERE and gaze your eyes at the lumpy old guy sitting on the rock.

Oh dear lord I made the biggest mistake when I clicked on his player "I love the way you dance for me" :puke: Srsly??? This guy thinks he can sing???
I feel so embarrassed for him.

Yes.

I think we determined a while back that his middle name is Craig.

From wiki:
"Chantry is the English term for a fund established to pay for a priest to celebrate a series of sung Masses for a specified purpose, generally for the soul of the deceased donor. Chantries thus came to own lands given by donors, the income from which went to maintain the chantry priest."

I agree about Josh designing the website. He designed his creepy brother's campaign website as well. And it was just as bad as Josh's awful real estate website and his website building website!

From wiki:
"Chantry is the English term for a fund established to pay for a priest to celebrate a series of sung Masses for a specified purpose, generally for the soul of the deceased donor. Chantries thus came to own lands given by donors, the income from which went to maintain the chantry priest."

I agree about Josh designing the website. He designed his creepy brother's campaign website as well. And it was just as bad as Josh's awful real estate website and his website building website!

I remember talking about this. Yes, it is Craig.

http://www.veromi.net/Summary.asp?f...up&state=WA&age=&vw=&Search=&Input=&x=80&y=16

From wiki:

You're right! That's what happens when I don't keep up on this one.

The website's valuable as a demonstration of psychosis, IMO. The strange writings, the odd syntax, the nauseous prose. I don't know if I'm talking about Josh's realty website with the fake reviews, or Chantry's ;)

Yes.

ok, I followed your links, & that guy's 'music' truly disturbs me. The lyrics to all of the songs are creepy...especially the one about the doll. Was he talking about Susan? His writing seems preoccupied with secret love, being inside', & control. & although it's not important, I could write better than this...but I still wouldn't put my crap on the internet. I guess he thinks he's good? Lordy. Is he compelled to share his little stories?

Oh dear lord I made the biggest mistake when I clicked on his player "I love the way you dance for me" :puke: Srsly??? This guy thinks he can sing???
I feel so embarrassed for him.
I made the same mistake, lol. That song made me jump out of my skin, & made my ears bleed. Is this the new Seattle sound?

In, 'I said I love you', here are a few telling snippets...'you think I'm crazy, but I insist, it's simple, I can't resist...I said I love you, is that a crime? I love you so put me in jail...I love you so cough up my bail. I said I love you. Can you forgive, if I can't find another way to live? Ok, you get the picture.

Ok so the lyrics are way creepy to me.

Seems like his crush on Susan would make him not so happy with his son during all this. I too wonder if the mother is still alive and didn't "leave" like Susan did. Very weird. It's almost like history repeating itself. MO

Uhhhmmm... has anyone read Meet Steve from that website?? What a disturbing childhood
!! He was taken from his mother and kidnapped by his grandparents.. I would only imagine he has some trust issues with women AND men, family or not.

Hi Tricia,

I don't know if SP had anything to do with Susan's disappearance but I do think that he is a person with a very disturbing past history with his children, which, if my suspicions are correct, could explain his adult children living with him and JG's behavior since Susan's disappearance.

This situation with most of the siblings living with the father and he's the only one working seems very unhealthy to me. fran

Before finding this thread I had posed a question without naming names here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5874445&postcount=42"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - RACHAEL ANDERSON last seen 4/16/2010 Moscow, ID[/ame]

The question refers to this family.

Bob

There appears to be something sinister with this fil. He really upset me today on the Today.
Josh is seeking protection.

He does appear to have some type of obsession with Susan. I can't put my finger on it, but his involvement is way over the top for my comfort.

Just my opinion.

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong