• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Peterson trial was very different, even if the prosecution was also based on circumstantial evidence. There was more of it, and it was far more specific than the feeble 'evidence' offered in the Anthony trial.

It sure wouldn't take me long as a juror to look at what the prosecution offered here. It wasn't much.

I've never seen the angel pic of Caylee before. Is that a new one? Really sweet and so fitting.

That's the picture I'm getting---dinners, fireworks, sports nights, all intermingled with talk about the case. I think they've discussed the case from the beginning. 10 hours of deliberations = no justice for Caylee.

I think that is exactywhat happend.
I think the Jurors names should be released they were the voice of the ppl and they really did not get it right. I sure hope they realize what a huge mistake they made.

they never even took the time to talk about it...

It bothers me that Baez managed to get in testimony that alluded to casey getting molested.

He let TL suggest she did. HHJP had a proffer and heard TL say that was not what she said. The jury didn't hear that but DID hear the suggestion.

Also, the DT got the FBI on admit they tested for paternity. HHJP did not allow the evidence in to say that was because of ICA's lies, and had to have proof Lee was NOT the father.

They let Baez get away with stating as fact "this child"..ugh! was raped by her father and then later her brother.

This is ridiculous that it could be suggested w/o proof. Something this bad was allowed to ruin people who were never convicted of such a crime. I don't know if possible (guess not) but it would seem that a mistrial or sanctions should have been imposed. Baez stepped way over the line...gets no punishment. On top of it, he makes a fortune, gets appauds and goes on with his life....all because 12 people DID NOT do the right thing...and they got a six week vacation on top of it.

They got it wrong big time. And they will all live with that for the rest of their lives. Given that getting it remotely right (lesser charges) required minimum brain cells, I doubt that any of them will ever have the wherewithall to realize the complete stupidity of their 11 hour deliberation.

moo

30 mnutes? lol
That would be quite a bit to a group who believe you can get to ANY verdict on a capital murder case involving the death of a child in 11 hours, right?:crazy:

I'm glad you find the legal process amusing, however, this jury was right on target. Yes, you heard it here, someone actually keeps track of average time of jury deliberations in capital and non-capital cases. I guess if a shrimp can run on a treadmill, someone can keep a ticker on this, too.

In Arizona, the median is 6.6 hours and the range is 1.8 - 16.5 hours.

http://www.azag.gov/CCC/Attachment D - Data Set III.pdf

For California

According to data compiled by the National Center for State Courts, the average length of jury deliberations for a capital murder trial
in California is 12 hours. See Judge and Attorney Survey (California), State of the States--Survey of Jury Improvement Efforts (2007), online at http://www.ncsconline.org/D_research/cjs/xls/SOSJAData/CA_JA_
State.xls

Dunno squat about Florida stats.

l_e58142b55ab9456aa09c1726b8b44c98.jpg

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/07/07/juror-2-of-the-casey-anthony-murder-trial-anonymously-tells-his-story/

& you set her free!! I'm sorry it must be hard being the only one, but I wouldn't care, I would've hung it. I wouldn't have left that jury room!

The Peterson trial was very different, even if the prosecution was also based on circumstantial evidence. There was more of it, and it was far more specific than the feeble 'evidence' offered in the Anthony trial.

It sure wouldn't take me long as a juror to look at what the prosecution offered here. It wasn't much.
There wasn't any direct evidence against Scott Peterson. There was more evidence against Casey. At least with Casey you had forensic evidence tied to Casey's car and Baez admitting that Casey knows how Caylee died. You also had hairs from the crime scene connected to the trunk of her car and the smell of a dead body

You didn't have any of this with Peterson. People have been convicted without a body so the excuse they didn't know the cause of death is silly. This just means it's not first degree murder but aggravated manslaughter. So far, the jurors that have spoken have said they believe Casey Anthony killed her daughter.

I just posted above you. I saw 3 SP jurors on Inside Edition but what the show highlighted was how much you have to deliberate and take a circumstantial case apart piece by piece to get to the truth.

I am glad they are speaking out.
Bless these people for actually taking their duty seriously and worked hard to find the truth.

The shameful 12 from Pinellas were too busy talking about book deals and going home and forgot about why they were there!!

Can anyone tell me which SP jurors were on the show "inside edition today"? Was "Coach" Greg Beratlis there today? He was my son's Little League coach.

I agree Whisperer, especially in light of the fact that things are much different now in terms of the internet and cameras in the courtroom - information now travels at the speed of light (FOS) and can ruin the lives of so many who are not the defendent on trial.

Well if you know your daughter was dead and out in the woods, be it by accident or murder do you go out partying for 31 days till mom catches ya.
there are women in Jail for lesser crimes... JMO

KCA should be held accountable... JMO

Wow, I followed both trials religiously and you're right, they are very different cases. There was far LESS evidence in the Scott Peterson trial. The jury in the Peterson trial actually took time to review the body of evidence. The only forensic evidence was a hair from Laci on a pair of pliers. The rest was purely circumstantial and he was convicted largely based on his actions after he killed her. The jury in this case took none of Casey's actions into consideration.

(BBM)
I'm glad you find the legal process amusing, however, this jury was right on target. Yes, you heard it here, someone actually keeps track of average time of jury deliberations in capital and non-capital cases. I guess if a shrimp can run on a treadmill, someone can keep a ticker on this, too.

For California

According to data compiled by the National Center for State Courts, the average length of jury deliberations for a capital murder trial
in California is 12 hours. See Judge and Attorney Survey (California), State of the States--Survey of Jury Improvement Efforts (2007), online at http://www.ncsconline.org/D_research/cjs/xls/SOSJAData/CA_JA_
State.xls

:crazy: = crazy - Not amusing.

The jury loved, loved Jose Baez..poor judgment on their part.

For California

State.xls

How long is the average trial for these states so we can put it into context?

I've never seen the angel pic of Caylee before. Is that a new one? Really sweet and so fitting.
Yes, it was posted with the article. I had never seen it before either.

Can anyone tell me which SP jurors were on the show "inside edition today"? Was "Coach" Greg Beratlis there today? He was my son's Little League coach.

HE was on one of th shows last night I think Nancy's he called in. I have to admit one thing he did say was he was surprised how short it took these 12 to come back. ANd Myself knowing they never looked at any evidence shocks me

The jury loved, loved Jose Baez..poor judgment on their part.

I can't believe they saw things in him we didn't and didn't see everything else we saw in the evidence. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

How could anyone like JB? Seriously, he's a smarmy, underhanded, snake and his actions in the court room proved this EVERY SINGLE DAY. Not one day went by where he did not reinforce my opinion of him. These people are true pieces of work. That shows me that JB is closer to their level of intellect than JA or LB. They weren't intimidated by him, and the prosecution used too many big words. I'm not being sarcastic either.

Listening to jurors now on HLN. They are playing their views now. In retrospect, interesting. I don't think any of them would vote for DP and they said it in a roundaabout way. Some outright said they wouldn't vote for DP. Why were they allowed on jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288