https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

Did the jury get it wrong, or...

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by wvjules, Jul 5, 2011.

?

Did the jury get it wrong?

Poll closed Aug 4, 2011.
  1. The jury got it wrong

1,051 vote(s)
    81.9%
  2. The state didn't prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt

179 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

55 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Other

31 vote(s)
    2.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikki 01

Nikki 01 New Member

She was asked about the duct tape on Good Morning America I believe. I am trying to find the video because I can't remember her exact quote but she said something along the lines of 'it looks bad, it smells bad, but it doesn't tell you anything. Something nonsensical like that.

It does seem like some of them including this juror were just looking for ways to dismiss the evidence and acquit. Those who did not want to convict for manslaughter refused to because they didn't know who her caretaker was. What the heck?

2. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

Ya know jurors can be paid off... Info can be bought where the jury will be having dinners etc and ppl can be put in as waiters and such ... AND talk to these jurors.... I wouldnt put it past CM...He wanted to retire with big bang!!!!!

Oh and Yea Casey is guilty!

The defense could have gotten someone put on that jury and that person could have influenced the others, religious beliefs also can play a huge part in jury tampering...

JMO I dont think these ppl came to their own verdicts sorry..

jmo

3. technicalconfusion

technicalconfusion Curses! Foiled Again!

I also think that at least one was well aware of this case before being selected for jury duty. All they saw were dollars.

4. marycontrary

marycontrary New Member

5. Katana

Katana Member

I just listened to the alternate juror's interview. I totally get what people are saying about him using the term 'we' as if they were a cohesive bunch. He had nothing to do with the deliberation or the verdict so there is no 'we' unless they talked beforehand.

Also, he just seems naive to me and that he was never going to believe a young pretty girl would kill her daughter. He takes no responsiblity for being a juror and what his duty entailed.

6. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

Well ABC took them and their families to Disneyworld!!!!!!
    Let a child killer go free and then go to Disneyworld... Something wrong with that pic if ya ask me!

7. AsoldiersGrits

AsoldiersGrits New Member

Juror #3 admitted they didn't go through the evidence.

8. nomoresorrow

nomoresorrow Well-Known Member

Why is the jury so surprised by the public outrage about their verdict? Because Caylee's own family didn't care about seeking justice so why should the public. Surprise-Surprise!

9. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

ONe of them was a CNN junkie... So how would she not know

and i do not think Jurors should be able to make money off a case no matter which way the verdict goes. JMO

10. askfornina

askfornina New Member

link?

11. technicalconfusion

technicalconfusion Curses! Foiled Again!

Oh I can. It would have gone something like this:

Cmon dude! Vote innocent! There's money to be made.

Bam.

12. suzihawk

suzihawk New Member

You know, that's a really good question.

In my mind there wouldn't be any valid reason they could give for aquittal because I think she's 100% guilty of killing that beautiful child. However...

To make their finding 'valid' to me they need to explain why they didn't consider the lesser charges. They need to explain why they based their decision on the DT's opening statement when they were instructed that this is not testimony. Some said they thought GA was responsible or involved in some way, although that wasn't/couldn't be proven by any testimony. It was only alleged in the OS - which was emotional 'testimony' by Baez himself. And yet they stated that they didnt' base thier decison on emotion - quite a contradiction. They need to explain why the the alternates speak as a collective group with 'we' and 'us' when they never deliberated and were instructed repeatedly that they were not to discuss the matter amongst themselves. These are but a few questions I have.

I would have been content with a guilty verdict of a lesser charge. To find her guilty of nothing but lying? Why exactly do they think she was lying then? And what about?

13. Nikki 01

Nikki 01 New Member

#3 said she watched Investigative Discovery, 48 Hours, and Dr. G. I don't believe her claim that she never heard about this case when she shows an interest in criminal cases.

14. grandmaj

grandmaj Former Member

Nomoresorrow is correct. We post 10% only of any article. Copyright.

15. Lovejac

Lovejac Well-Known Member

I really can't say with any certainty because we haven't heard from all 12 jurors. But based on who we have heard from, there is no way to make their findings valid.

They did not examine ANY of the 400+ pieces of evidence, they talked about the case amongst themselves before deliberation, they did not ask for any clarification from Judge Perry, they only deliberated for 11 hours.

Add to that, the fact that KC admitted (through her att. Jose) that 1)she was there when her daughter drowned, 2) she did not seek medical care, 3) she allowed her father to place her in garbage bags and 4) dump her in the woods.Even if they were naive enough to buy that load of bologna, the part that I have bolded and underlined, at the very least, meets the charge below (which is one of the charges this jury was allowed to choose:

Count Three, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child: causing the death of Caylee by culpable negligence the maximum sentence is 30 years in prison. The estimated minimum sentence for this charge and other charges which might result in conviction along with this count would be 16 years and 6months

This is why, I am convinced that someone got to this jury.

KC admitted that Caylee drown in the pool, that she didn't call 911, that she allowed GA to pack her up in some garbage and laundry bags and that she let GA dump her body in the woods.

JOSE TOLD THIS JURY THAT THIS IS WHAT CASEY DID!!!!!

Throw out the chloroform level, throw out the duct tape, throw out the heart sticker, throw out the decomp, throw out the chloroform searches on the computer. Just based on what Jose told the jury the Casey did, if they followed the law, aggravated manslaughter SHOULD have been her verdict at the very least

But don't throw justice out the window and then come seeking money and fame.

Someone got to this jury, IMO.

16. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

It was stated on HLN the jury never asked to see any of the evidence!

17. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

Well one of them said she was an avid Cnn watcher i think its the one that her dad is a lawyer now she most def would know the case .. dont ya think?

18. magnolia

magnolia War Eagle

I totally understand. I'm going to have stop listening or reading comments from these Jurors. I literally get knots in my stomach. They are trying to say anything that will justify their part in the verdict. It's not working for them very well. JB's opening and closing arguments are in their every word.

IMO

19. Lovejac

Lovejac Well-Known Member

I would like to see a law like that myself.

20. Nikki 01

Nikki 01 New Member

Yes I agree. That was #7...the one who was seen crying in the court room after the verdict was read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.