• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Cindy did all the housecleaning, the laundry and the cooking and the shopping and the paying of bills...so Casey was living on easy street and even in THAT situation she felt the need to daily lie and escape from her daughter. One must ask ones self why? And when one answers that question honestly? It is simple to deduce why Caylee wound up in the swamp.

I keep seeing a theme with everyone who agrees with the verdict. They take each little piece of evidence by itself and try to argue any possible theory of innocence, no matter how unreasonable it is. Does everyone understand the term reasonable doubt should apply to the evidence as a whole, and not each piece on it's own? I don't see that in the explanations I am hearing from those who agree with the verdict

And you probably won't. :wink:

And STILL GETTING MORE WRONG AND WORSE as more comes out! UNFLIPPINBELIEVABLE, that jury!

Snipped from news story, they were all about George:

[Side note: JP should have reminded the jury that not only were the attorneys not on trial, BUT GEORGE ANTHONY WAS NOT ON TRIAL FOR MURDER, CASEY WAS.]

"There was a suspicion of him," the juror [foreman] said. "That was a part of our conversation that we had."

The jury foreman, juror No. 11...on Fox News' "On the Record with Greta van Susteren," in which he was photographed from behind and would not reveal his name.
As with other jurors who have been interviewed, the foreman said the panel was unconvinced by the evidence that Casey Anthony, 25, murdered her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee -- and was not even certain that a murder was committed.
"We don't know the cause of death," the juror said. "Everything was speculation."

------

Oh, SPECULATION? The M.E. said the cause of death WAS HOMICIDE by undetermined means. Yet they ignored that. ANd then THEY speculated about George. It just makes me burn, it truly truly does. I'm going to have to step away from it all because I am just furious, furious, DISGUSTED. Furious not only with the jury, but honestly, I am kinda mad at JP, yes, and the SA team, yep, I think they should have noticed the hmm-hmm's they were dealing with on that jury and have lowered their explanations to their low low level.

I keep seeing a theme with everyone who agrees with the verdict. They take each little piece of evidence by itself and try to argue any possible theory of innocence, no matter how unreasonable it is. Does everyone understand the term reasonable doubt should apply to the evidence as a whole, and not each piece on it's own? I don't see that in the explanations I am hearing from those who agree with the verdict

I don't agree with the verdict but you are confusing innocence with 'not guilty'. Their own interviews say they don't believe she's 'innocent', just that the state didn't somehow prove how she murdered her little girl.

Does someone here know exactly how Caylee died and in what manner? Do you know when Casey mixed chloroform? In manner was it used? When did she take the body out of the car? Did she bury her first? If you know all these answers, why weren't you testifying for the state?

No, Solange won't, because he/she is an obviously INTELLIGENT person who can look at evidence as a whole, as it SHOULD be looked at.

I don't agree with the verdict either, but the fact that you call people unintelligent who do (because they really don't think the state proved their case) is downright insulting.

It's called a difference of opinion.

I don't agree with the verdict but you are confusing innocence with 'not guilty'. Their own interviews say they don't believe she's 'innocent', just that the state didn't somehow prove how she murdered her little girl.

Does someone here know exactly how Caylee died and in what manner? Do you know when Casey mixed chloroform? In manner was it used? When did she take the body out of the car? Did she bury her first? If you know all these answers, why weren't you testifying for the state?

The manner of death was homicide - no one bags up an accident victim and dumps them in woods. The State does not have to prove HOW/WHEN/WHY Caylee died, just that she died and someone committed the act of murder/manslaughter. Just because the jurors wanted to know all of those things just make them inquisitive, not responsible jurors. Very few murder cases are loaded with direct evidence. It is up to the jury to use COMMON SENSE and put the puzzle together.

You don't have to know those things to know there was a murder and to know who was responsible. Period.

And STILL GETTING MORE WRONG AND WORSE as more comes out! UNFLIPPINBELIEVABLE, that jury!

Snipped from news story, they were all about George:

[Side note: JP should have reminded the jury that not only were the attorneys not on trial, BUT GEORGE ANTHONY WAS NOT ON TRIAL FOR MURDER, CASEY WAS.]

"There was a suspicion of him," the juror [foreman] said. "That was a part of our conversation that we had."

The jury foreman, juror No. 11...on Fox News' "On the Record with Greta van Susteren," in which he was photographed from behind and would not reveal his name.
As with other jurors who have been interviewed, the foreman said the panel was unconvinced by the evidence that Casey Anthony, 25, murdered her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee -- and was not even certain that a murder was committed.
"We don't know the cause of death," the juror said. "Everything was speculation."

------

Oh, SPECULATION? The M.E. said the cause of death WAS HOMICIDE by undetermined means. Yet they ignored that. ANd then THEY speculated about George. It just makes me burn, it truly truly does. I'm going to have to step away from it all because I am just furious, furious, DISGUSTED. Furious not only with the jury, but honestly, I am kinda mad at JP, yes, and the SA team, yep, I think they should have noticed the hmm-hmm's they were dealing with on that jury and have lowered their explanations to their low low level.
But homicide does not mean murder and it does not exclude George.
I am not saying it was George at all.
I think the jury is saying they did not know what speculation to believe because in their opinion everyone was speculating.

I don't agree with the verdict either, but the fact that you call people unintelligent who do (because they really don't think the state proved their case) is downright insulting.

It's called a difference of opinion.

I do have a difference of opinion and that is all that it is. I do agree with the verdict, as I can see how the jury came to it. I, justlike most of the jury members that have spoken so far, do have a gut feeingl that KC was responsible for something..the problem is..what? My gut feeling or anyone elses is not enough to convict a human being, in this country..even if that person is KC, IMO. Unfortunately there are just too many unanswered question, in fact, most questions are unanswered or purely speculation, IMO. It is very easy for me to accept this verdict as I see the evidence like the jurors did. Am I happy that KC is getting off free and clear? no, but I certainly can understand why. I do wish the state would have had more proof, and proof that was not being used for the first time in this trial.

I will try to refrain from posting on this thread anymore, as I feel I could probably get along much better with everyone on another subject that does not have to do with this trial, but sometimes I can't help it, the lack of evidence just seems so clear to me. I guess that is why they have a jury of 12 and not just one as every person interprets what they hear and see and how they process things differently.

So by definition, defense offer of an "accidental drowning" followed by the "failure to provide medical care" such as CPR or emergency services from a 911 call would be an automatic GUILTY to the aggravated manslaughter without prosecution having to do anything, right?
But the prosecution claimed that did not happen-they said it was premeditated murder. So, should the jury ignore what the prosecution said and take what the defense said at face value and convict from there?
Just trying to show how confusing this may have been for the jurors.
To do what you suggest, they would buy into the entire defense scenario 100% and disregard the prosecution.
What they did, at the end of the day, was basically not believe either side. IMO and IMO only, they came to the conclusion that they did not know WTH happened and consequently could not convict.

Not really, because the DT opening statement is not evidence. The DT doesn't have to prove anything in their OS.
well thereya go that is an excellent point and just throws more confusion in the mix.
The only hope they had of convicting on the accident theory was to deliberate on the OS which was presented by the defense;which they are not supposed to consider evidence. I did not even think of that.
There was zero chance of the jury finding guilty on manslaughter by cuplable negligence because no one brought any evidence-at all- to the table suggesting this was the case.

But the prosecution claimed that did not happen-they said it was premeditated murder. So, should the jury ignore what the prosecution said and take what the defense said at face value and convict from there?
Just trying to show how confusing this may have been for the jurors.
To do what you suggest, they would buy into the entire defense scenario 100% and disregard the prosecution.
What they did, at the end of the day, was basically not believe either side. IMO and IMO only, they came to the conclusion that they did not know WTH happened and consequently could not convict.

JBean, you nailed it right on the head. at the end of the day they did not know WTH happened and consequently could not convict. :)

If no cause of death meant not guilty, we better contact Scott Peterson. No doubt he is tired of sitting on death row. The exact cause of death obviously isn't necessary for a conviction. In some cases, there was no body found at all, yet the jury would be able to come back with a guilty verdict.

Yeah...but in Casey's case it could have been an accident..Scott, NO WAY.

1st post. So glad I found this site. This verdict has made me feel sick and heartbroken this entire week, and I feel like I am finally among people here who fully understand the case!

:yourock:

I do feel the jury got it wrong. It's hard to just sum it up like that for me, so I'd like to expand on my feelings about this.

Why did the jury get it wrong?

Based on the interviews post-trial, I don't feel the jury understood the character and motives of ICA. Failing that, they then couldn't grasp how this mother could have killed her child. In essence, they failed to grasp that ICA is a sociopath. Her patterns of conduct, the lies, thefts, and even seizures point to this condition. CA has even called her that!

The prosecution could have provided a better and more complete narrative on ICA. I would also like to have seen forensic psychology experts called in to examine ICA and her history. It is my understanding that prosecution was denied the opportunity to have Casey examined, and that the defense was trying to enter in their own experts who had interviewed Casey and who were likely full of wild tales of molestation, so this was fought back by the prosecution and not allowed in based on hearsay. Still, I question why an expert was not asked to look at the history of conduct available and offer an assessment based on that. I am not familiar enough with criminal law to know why this wasn't done.

The jury failed to put the pieces of the puzzle together and it's my opinion they were duped by the defense. I am bothered by the fact they did not ask to review the jailhouse videos, ones that show GA and ICA talking together, that show GA was not involved in a cover-up of Caylee's disappearance. I also think Tracy Conroy should have been called in to testify about the argument she overheard between GA and ICA:

“My first night at the Anthony home, I awoke to George and Casey arguing. He had started questioning her. I really couldn’t make out much of their conversation until he exploded, screaming, ‘Don’t ****ing lie to me anymore! I am sick of your ****ing lies! You have to know where she is! What did you do with her?’ She told him to ‘quit acting like a ****ing cop and that he needed to act like a father.’” In the heat of the argument, Casey and Cindy told George to leave the house immediately and he complied.

Such pieces of evidence could have shown again to jurors that even according to ICA (at that time), of all the A's, ICA was the last known caregiver, not GA. The jailhouse videos even show ICA demonstrating that the drowning story was considered a false one in the jailhouse conversation with CA.

The aggravated manslaughter of a child charge was a "lay-up" and should have been simple to arrive at a guilty verdict. ICA was the caregiver!

:banghead::banghead:

Why did the jurors not pore over the evidence searching for clues to this puzzle? Were they in a hurry to return to their daily lives? I think so.

What bothers me the most is that a sociopath has been set free who could have been and should have been locked up for a long time. She is certain to do damage to more lives. That's because no one else is real to her, it's all a big game where only her pleasure matters. We want to trust people and ICA uses that to do people in.

I am very disappointed in GA and CA for sabotaging this case. They should have simply sought the truth. ICA preyed on their weaknesses to get them to a point where they could be used. CA particularly was shameful, she really sold her soul.

Thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts on the case. :seeya:

So by definition, defense offer of an "accidental drowning" followed by the "failure to provide medical care" such as CPR or emergency services from a 911 call would be an automatic GUILTY to the aggravated manslaughter without prosecution having to do anything, right?

Not really, because the DT opening statement is not evidence. The DT doesn't have to prove anything in their OS.

Clock's Tickin---I was just about to post the same argument for a finding of aggravated manslaughter, but as I continued reading, found you had done it for me. I agree 100%.

The fact that an "opening statement" is not evidence, has no bearing, since "accident that snowballed out of control" was the jury's most likely scenario. No matter what kind of accident--"medical care, and emergency services" were intentionally withheld. " a prudent person would consider reporting the incident of (accident or death) as essential to the well being of their child"

This is why I never understood why they did not find her guilty of aggravated manslaughter.

The fact that not ONE question or piece of evidence was brought up for review is just astonishing, and one of the things that, for me , makes this verdict outrageous. God knows, from the jury interviews, especially the foremen, they didn't have a clue what options were on the table. If they felt it was an accident, those 31 days come into play.

After listening to these jurors speak publicly, I really think they might all be insane.

1st post. So glad I found this site. This verdict has made me feel sick and heartbroken this entire week, and I feel like I am finally among people here who fully understand the case!

:yourock:

I do feel the jury got it wrong. It's hard to just sum it up like that for me, so I'd like to expand on my feelings about this.

Why did the jury get it wrong?

Based on the interviews post-trial, I don't feel the jury understood the character and motives of ICA. Failing that, they then couldn't grasp how this mother could have killed her child. In essence, they failed to grasp that ICA is a sociopath. Her patterns of conduct, the lies, thefts, and even seizures point to this condition. CA has even called her that!

The prosecution could have provided a better and more complete narrative on ICA. I would also like to have seen forensic psychology experts called in to examine ICA and her history. It is my understanding that prosecution was denied the opportunity to have Casey examined, and that the defense was trying to enter in their own experts who had interviewed Casey and who were likely full of wild tales of molestation, so this was fought back by the prosecution and not allowed in based on hearsay. Still, I question why an expert was not asked to look at the history of conduct available and offer an assessment based on that. I am not familiar enough with criminal law to know why this wasn't done.

The jury failed to put the pieces of the puzzle together and it's my opinion they were duped by the defense. I am bothered by the fact they did not ask to review the jailhouse videos, ones that show GA and ICA talking together, that show GA was not involved in a cover-up of Caylee's disappearance. I also think Tracy Conroy should have been called in to testify about the argument she overheard between GA and ICA:

Such pieces of evidence could have shown again to jurors that even according to ICA (at that time), of all the A's, ICA was the last known caregiver, not GA. The jailhouse videos even show ICA demonstrating that the drowning story was considered a false one in the jailhouse conversation with CA.

The aggravated manslaughter of a child charge was a "lay-up" and should have been simple to arrive at a guilty verdict. ICA was the caregiver!

:banghead::banghead:

Why did the jurors not pore over the evidence searching for clues to this puzzle? Were they in a hurry to return to their daily lives? I think so.

What bothers me the most is that a sociopath has been set free who could have been and should have been locked up for a long time. She is certain to do damage to more lives. That's because no one else is real to her, it's all a big game where only her pleasure matters. We want to trust people and ICA uses that to do people in.

I am very disappointed in GA and CA for sabotaging this case. They should have simply sought the truth. ICA preyed on their weaknesses to get them to a point where they could be used. CA particularly was shameful, she really sold her soul.

Thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts on the case. :seeya:

GREAT first post, and WELCOME!!!

This part of your post was especially compelling IMO: (BBM) In all the what did the jury get wrong discussions everywhere--my overriding thought was THEY FELL FOR IT!

"The jury failed to put the pieces of the puzzle together and it's my opinion they were duped by the defense. I am bothered by the fact they did not ask to review the jailhouse videos, ones that show GA and ICA talking together, that show GA was not involved in a cover-up of Caylee's disappearance. I also think Tracy Conroy should have been called in to testify about the argument she overheard between GA and ICA:

Quote:
“My first night at the Anthony home, I awoke to George and Casey arguing. He had started questioning her. I really couldn’t make out much of their conversation until he exploded, screaming, ‘Don’t ****ing lie to me anymore! I am sick of your ****ing lies! You have to know where she is! What did you do with her?’ She told him to ‘quit acting like a ****ing cop and that he needed to act like a father.’” In the heat of the argument, Casey and Cindy told George to leave the house immediately and he complied.
Such pieces of evidence could have shown again to jurors that even according to ICA (at that time), of all the A's, ICA was the last known caregiver, not GA. The jailhouse videos even show ICA demonstrating that the drowning story was considered a false one in the jailhouse conversation with CA. "

I do have a difference of opinion and that is all that it is. I do agree with the verdict, as I can see how the jury came to it. I, justlike most of the jury members that have spoken so far, do have a gut feeingl that KC was responsible for something..the problem is..what? My gut feeling or anyone elses is not enough to convict a human being, in this country..even if that person is KC, IMO. Unfortunately there are just too many unanswered question, in fact, most questions are unanswered or purely speculation, IMO. It is very easy for me to accept this verdict as I see the evidence like the jurors did. Am I happy that KC is getting off free and clear? no, but I certainly can understand why. I do wish the state would have had more proof, and proof that was not being used for the first time in this trial.

I will try to refrain from posting on this thread anymore, as I feel I could probably get along much better with everyone on another subject that does not have to do with this trial, but sometimes I can't help it, the lack of evidence just seems so clear to me. I guess that is why they have a jury of 12 and not just one as every person interprets what they hear and see and how they process things differently.
goldenlover-you are as entitled to express your opinion as any of the rest of us, and for myself I would not have you keep it in for the sake of those of us who think something different. We need all views expressed so we can come to an understanding of what went wrong and how to compensate for that in the future when the next baby gets tossed out like garbage. :(
I know that it seems we (those who do not agree with the verdict) are against you...but I am not against YOU I am FOR Caylee and all the children like her who have no justice IMO. Please do keep expressing YOUR opinion as it is as valuable as gold in order to clear the haze from this entire mess. I know you have had your back against the wall here, and I commend you for your calm, methodical defense of your stance, and the fact that you never lose your cool and you stand by what you believe.

It is not what I believe-but we all have a right to see things how we see them, so please, for myself, and I am sure for others as well, do not bow to the pressure of the majority if it is against what you instinctively believe...

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member