Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 106 12.2%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 632 72.7%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 46 5.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.8%

• Total voters
Doesn't matter whether or not he knew. He certainly wasn't going to tell any of his Mormon associates that they were physically together again, took nude pictures, engaged in more sex, etc.

And he certainly wasn't going to send her packing until after more 'sexfest' with her on June 4 -- once she arrived all waxed, ready, and begging for it in braids.

Their pattern in 2008 was secret relationship, secret liaisons. Does anyone seriously believe that he wanted her to make and possess the May sex recording with which she would engage in 'relationship extortion' and character assassination?

She knew Travis wouldn't tell a soul that she was there on June 4, either before or after she butchered him. Part of that pattern was for her to routinely park away from the house so that no one would know she was there, and especially that they were still in a physical/sexual relationship.

Who knows how many times he had sneaked her in and out of his house, and how many more times she secreted herself in and out?

Travis even confided in a friend that he had sent Arias a 'nuke' message which caused that friend to question whether Alexander was concerned that she might escalate the violence -- beyond tire slashing, emails to girlfriends, etc.

He was vulnerable. Arias knew it. And she used that knowledge to play him like Paganini played a violin.

Travis was so gullible that his penchant for intimately associating with a woman whom he had already identified as a sociopath and potential murderess was ultimately fatal.

If Arias is not executed, she will -- remember you read this -- kill again.

With the convicted lying torture murderess it is only a matter of time and opportunity.

Not necessarily, in my opinion. It was a large house and roommates coming and going all the time - he may not have paid any attention to it. Although considering it is JA's testimony, it is probably not true.

MOO

Plus I believe she was talking about the door to the garage from outside. I believe there is a door along the side of the house into the garage.

Doesn't matter whether or not he knew. He certainly wasn't going to tell any of his Mormon associates that they were physically together again, took nude pictures, engaged in more sex, etc.

And he certainly wasn't going to send her packing until after more 'sexfest' with her on June 4 -- once she arrived all waxed, ready, and begging for it in braids.

Their pattern in 2008 was secret relationship, secret liaisons. Does anyone seriously believe that he wanted her to make and possess the May sex recording with which she would engage in 'relationship extortion' and character assassination?

She knew Travis wouldn't tell a soul that she was there on June 4, either before or after she butchered him. Part of that pattern was for her to routinely park away from the house so that no one would know she was there, and especially that they were still in a physical/sexual relationship.

Who knows how many times he had sneaked her in and out of his house, and how many more times she secreted herself in and out?

Travis even confided in a friend that he had sent Arias a 'nuke' message which caused that friend to question whether Alexander was concerned that she might escalate the violence -- beyond tire slashing, emails to girlfriends, etc.

He was vulnerable. Arias knew it. And she used that knowledge to play him like Paganini played a violin.

Travis was so gullible that his penchant for intimately associating with a woman whom he had already identified as a sociopath and potential murderess was ultimately fatal.

If Arias is not executed, she will -- remember you read this -- kill again.

With the convicted lying torture murderess it is only a matter of time and opportunity.

I believe Arias probably used the biz meeting in Utah and the BMW car payment as an excuse giving Travis a false and as it turned out deadly sense of security.

On the question of whether she would kill again ... IMHO there can be NO QUESTION ... NO DOUBT ... She would kill again. No conscious means no remorse. She needs to be locked up for life if not sentenced to death.

She could have came around back of the house. It appears that the sliding glass door doesn't lock since the pet door was installed. For all we know she could have slept on the couch till kill time. I am sure it was she, and she alone, on that computer in the middle of the night.

Those four people that found something worthy about her are getting on my last nerve. The trouble they have caused...grr. If they were death qualified and didn't give death, then they lied about their ability to do so.

She could have came around back of the house. It appears that the sliding glass door doesn't lock since the pet door was installed. For all we know she could have slept on the couch till kill time. I am sure it was she, and she alone, on that computer in the middle of the night.

Those four people that found something worthy about her are getting on my last nerve. The trouble they have caused...grr. If they were death qualified and didn't give death, then they lied about their ability to do so.

That's an interesting point about the door with the doggy door for napoleon, though she might've gained entry through the doggy door (she'd previously done that right)

I'm new to websleuths but followed this case at the time, (I was in and out of hospital at the time was a distraction and verged on obsession) so I think the following happened: Jodi showed up unexpectedly, even when she rang Travis she didn't mention her plan of showing up and he didn't want to talk to her anyway, maybe she was simply trying to find out if she was alone? Background voices in call etc...

I think she sneaked into the house, she used the computer in the office and then surprised Travis as he was waking up that morning, I don't think any sex occurred between them, I think the photos were staged to look like that, I don't think Travis would've had sex with her, not even if threatened? (Not meaning to be crude but if she had a gun on him could he even have sex? Fear isn't normally a good thing or helps someone get in the mood) I think that Travis told her what she wanted to hear and that she pretended to leave, he went in the shower and she surprised him again with the camera, I think he looks surprised and fearful in the pictures I imagine that she's there with the knife and lunges for him, she couldn't control him in the way she wanted and the crime scene got hugely messy, she tried to clean up but it was too much, she bundled everything into the washer not realising the camera was there too and then showered over Travis to remove trace evidence and left.

I can only image her reaction when she couldn't find the camera. She continued on as planned getting to Ryan's and leaving the call to hide her tracks.

Maybe totally wrong but at least as likely as the ninja story?
Also, I wonder if she drugged napoleon so he couldn't alert Travis she was there? Seems far fetched I know but after the injuries she inflicted in Travis anything is possible?

Sorry it's so long!

Travis may have not know she was coming, but he certainly let her in. moo

Wondering why you are sure he let her in? Especially as she let herself in so often earlier.

And that he never locked his front door and his friends had his garage door key code. I wish I could find how JA coming in the doggie door first came up, she never needed to and I've never seen a doggie door any human over the age of 6 could fit through. Anyone could come and go as they pleased but the only one who seems to have abused that benefit was JA.

And no, I do not think he knew she was coming or there until she made her presence known. I "think" he went to take a nap after putting together the floor cleaner and texting C. Hughes back, and she woke him or waited until he got up.

Two possibilities. Either JA did not let Travis know she was going to see him or they had discussed it and she was very confident that he would not tell anybody else. All her sneaky planning would have been in vain otherwise...

Two possibilities. Either JA did not let Travis know she was going to see him or they had discussed it and she was very confident that he would not tell anybody else. All her sneaky planning would have been in vain otherwise...

I don't think he would have told anyone if he knew because he did not want people to know he still had contact with her.

I remember there were calls that night yes? A couple of calls? I think that she would not have taken for granted that he was home when she planned this out so I think she knew for days that he would be available and home alone.

This kind of murder is not the kind that just happens. She planned his death.

So I am not sure whether he KNEW she was coming but I think she made clear that he would be home when she got there. I have to go back and look at phone records to really decide again.

And that he never locked his front door and his friends had his garage door key code. I wish I could find how JA coming in the doggie door first came up, she never needed to and I've never seen a doggie door any human over the age of 6 could fit through. Anyone could come and go as they pleased but the only one who seems to have abused that benefit was JA.

And no, I do not think he knew she was coming or there until she made her presence known. I "think" he went to take a nap after putting together the floor cleaner and texting C. Hughes back, and she woke him or waited until he got up.

She was tiny and I want to say that it was friends that also knew she had used the Doggie door before.

She was tiny and I want to say that it was friends that also knew she had used the Doggie door before.

She's the same size I was at her age, 5' 6" 120 lbs, I weigh around 110 now and still could never wedge myself through a doggie door. And she never ever needed to, he kept the front door unlocked and she had the garage code, why would she try to cram herself through a tiny opening even if she could when two doors are quite available? I just don't get that and think it's more myth than fact.

She's the same size I was at her age, 5' 6" 120 lbs, I weigh around 110 now and still could never wedge myself through a doggie door. And she never ever needed to, he kept the front door unlocked and she had the garage code, why would she try to cram herself through a tiny opening even if she could when two doors are quite available? I just don't get that and think it's more myth than fact.

It's not really true that Travis kept his door unlocked. It was just an excuse for Jodi to explain why she would turn up in his house uninvited (you know, he had an open door policy and left his door unlocked for his friends, blah blah blah). We also don't know for a fact that Jodi had the garage code. Even his friends that turned up at his house to look for him, including Mimi, didn't have it. She could have made that up.

It's not really true that Travis kept his door unlocked. It was just an excuse for Jodi to explain why she would turn up in his house uninvited (you know, he had an open door policy and left his door unlocked for his friends, blah blah blah). We also don't know for a fact that Jodi had the garage code. Even his friends that turned up at his house to look for him, including Mimi, didn't have it. She could have made that up.

Agreed, I retract the 'open doors all the time' comments of mine, I've read since (or heard in replayed testimony) that he locked up at night. Also that she had a house key that she returned to him when she moved back to Mesa in April (don't quote me but I think she said that in testimony but can't be positive, I've breezed through quite a few trial days lately and read an article or three and can't recall where that tidbit came from).

In any case, I still don't think an average-sized female can fit through a doggie door, what would be the point of having one if peope could crawl through and get in the house?

Agreed, I retract the 'open doors all the time' comments of mine, I've read since (or heard in replayed testimony) that he locked up at night. Also that she had a house key that she returned to him when she moved back to Mesa in April (don't quote me but I think she said that in testimony but can't be positive, I've breezed through quite a few trial days lately and read an article or three and can't recall where that tidbit came from).

In any case, I still don't think an average-sized female can fit through a doggie door, what would be the point of having one if peope could crawl through and get in the house?

I guess it really depends on the size of the doggie door. Was it a big, medium, or small one? Is there a picture of it?

Maybe Travis just assumed she crawled through the doggie door when he would find her in his home uninvited and his doors were locked. In any case, the point is that she would enter his home while he was not there, uninvited, which probably freaked him out.

I guess it really depends on the size of the doggie door. Was it a big, medium, or small one? Is there a picture of it?

Maybe Travis just assumed she crawled through the doggie door when he would find her in his home uninvited and his doors were locked. In any case, the point is that she would enter his home while he was not there, uninvited, which probably freaked him out.

Couldn't agree more, no matter who it is, it would be unnerving to find anyone inside your home uninvited.

But if he had given her a key, I don't suppose he was as shocked as Deanna was, coming in to find JA baking cookies like it was an everyday activity. I bet little miss hacker knew Deanna was coming by that day and set a scene intended to give Deanna a skewed view of JA and TA's relationship.

Couldn't agree more, no matter who it is, it would be unnerving to find anyone inside your home uninvited.

But if he had given her a key, I don't suppose he was as shocked as Deanna was, coming in to find JA baking cookies like it was an everyday activity. I bet little miss hacker knew Deanna was coming by that day and set a scene intended to give Deanna a skewed view of JA and TA's relationship.

True.

That's exactly what she did, lol. I was watching the testimony of Deanna Reid again just yesterday. Jodi does not even look at her once. She played the "lalala, I can't see you, can't hear you," game. The only time she even looked up was when Juan asked her who had Napolean. As we all know, Jodi was going around telling people Travis wanted Jodi to have Napolean. She tried to play it off, like, "good, Napolean is in good hands," but the extreme, hateful jealousy was...oh, it was palpable.

This was a long time ago but I believe one of his friends saw her do it. It could have been the woman he had in his home the night she called her dad to complain. Seems funny because in one statement Jodi made she claims to have gone through the garage side door to get into the house and found TA and a woman on the couch and in another statement she claims to have seen them through a side window or the slider. She lies all the time so it is hard to tell the truth. The doggie door story came from a friend of Travis because they witnessed it. This is what I remember. jmo

This was a long time ago but I believe one of his friends saw her do it. It could have been the woman he had in his home the night she called her dad to complain. Seems funny because in one statement Jodi made she claims to have gone through the garage side door to get into the house and found TA and a woman on the couch and in another statement she claims to have seen them through a side window or the slider. She lies all the time so it is hard to tell the truth. The doggie door story came from a friend of Travis because they witnessed it. This is what I remember. jmo

I also thought I recalled two different versions of her seeing them together, of course she testified to being outside the whole time as that's the most inocuous but it wouldn't surprise me if she hadn't tried the back door first or maybe even came in through there and watched them doing whatever it was they were doing. Tres creepy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back