Disabled dog finds strength to greet Air Force owner home from Afghanistan

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by gregjrichards, Apr 30, 2013.

1. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

A one-year-old pit-bull mix called Emma struggles daily with a bone-wasting disease that has severely limited her movement - but even that couldn’t stop her when her owner recently returned from a tour of duty.
    Emma is one of three dogs that belong to Melissa Swanson and her husband, who is an airman who has recently been servicing a six-month stretch in Afghanistan.
    As this heart-warming video shows, while the other dogs, Mikey and Jesse, race to greet their owner, Emma is left trailing in third place. However that doesn't prevent her from moving as quickly as she can with only her front paws to propel her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...wner-returning-Afghanistan.html#ixzz2RzPX4Tl1

I'll admit it I cried at this story I am disabled and this dog is an inspiration to me. What a lovely dog. Aren't animals wonderful.

2. Loading...

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62GMklEKAtU"]Airman comes home to handicapped dog from 6 month deployment! - YouTube[/ame]

4. gregjrichards

5. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

That is Bobbles, the fifth of the Boston terriers I've had over most of a lifetime.

6. gregjrichards

That's a great name wfgodot very unique.

7. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Thank you. It's sort of a bookend for a female Boston I had - Boodles. My life's love, that one.