Discuss Max's death here - Thread #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an analysis that I posted the link to earlier. The person analyzing the autopsy report says that the spinal cord was stretched, making it impossible for Max to breathe. If he couldn't breathe, he couldn't talk (as in saying "Ocean"). I also am disturbed that RZ said she was giving the child CPR (so says the report) but when the officer walked in, she was not.

Exactly. It really doesn't matter the reason Max couldn't breathe, what matters is that he needed immediate CPR to keep his blood circulating to the brain and didn't receive it.

JMO

The attorney apparently pulled her planking scenario out of thin air before the AR was released that reports a scooter was found on top of the boy's leg. Now that she knows about the scooter, I doubt she will continue with the planking theory.

I'd like someone to ask the attorney to explain the scooter on Max's leg and why didn't Rebecca start CPR prior to the arrival of the officer.

JMO

The scooter is what made me think there was a staging.

Exactly. It really doesn't matter the reason Max couldn't breathe, what matters is that he needed immediate CPR to keep his blood circulating to the brain and didn't receive it.

JMO

Yes, plus she couldn't know about the spinal cord injury so she should have been doing CPR from the get-go and not stopped until help arrived. AS gave RS CPR for a long time (and was witnessed doing it by officers and firefighters on the scene) and only stopped when they told him to. Pity a small child wasn't given the same privilege.

The scooter is what made me think there was a staging.

I'm starting to agree with you. Do we know where RN's sister lives? I'm wondering if she was whisked out of town the next morning so that LE couldn't ask her questions.

JMO

Yes, plus she couldn't know about the spinal cord injury so she should have been doing CPR from the get-go and not stopped until help arrived. AS gave RS CPR for a long time (and was witnessed doing it by officers and firefighters on the scene) and only stopped when they told him to. Pity a small child wasn't given the same privilege.

AS gave RN CPR for a long time and was witnessed doing it? Where did you get this information? How did he give her CPR? Her hands were bound behind her back, she couldn't even be laid flat on her back. She was also already in rigor.
And never mind that giving her CPR was useless, since she was already dead for hours.

The AR sure does open up a lot of questions but then, maybe that is what the ME intended.

JMO

The AR sure does open up a lot of questions but then, maybe that is what the ME intended.

JMO

ME don't write their reports so people can come up with a lot of questions.

AS gave RN CPR for a long time and was witnessed doing it? Where do you get this info, do tell? How did he give her CPR? Her hands were bound behind her back, she couldn't even be laid flat on her back. She was also already in rigor.
And never mind that giving her CPR was useless, since she was already dead for hours.

The point is that no CPR was being given to Max when the Officer arrived on scene. Deprivation of oxygen to his brain cost the child his life, according to the AR.

JMO

I'm starting to agree with you. Do we know where RN's sister lives? I'm wondering if she was whisked out of town the next morning so that LE couldn't ask her questions.

JMO

I've been reading past threads to try to find that out. Seems to me they'd want to question a witness.

AS gave RN CPR for a long time and was witnessed doing it? Where did you get this information? How did he give her CPR? Her hands were bound behind her back, she couldn't even be laid flat on her back. She was also already in rigor.

It's in the AR. And he didn't know it was useless, just like RZ didn't know it was useless to give little Max the same privilege.

For all we know, he may have recovered from that spinal cord injury. The ME noted it was bruised so I don't agree with the blogger who opines it wasn't fixable. The ME didn't say that, did he?

JMO

It's in the AR. And he didn't know it was useless, just like RZ didn't know it was useless to give little Max the same privilege.

CPR wasn't useless on Max. EMT's did manage to restore a heartbeat. While they were doing that, they would also be pumping oxygen into his lungs.

JMO

For all we know, he may have recovered from that spinal cord injury. The ME noted it was bruised so I don't agree with the blogger who opines it wasn't fixable. The ME didn't say that, did he?

JMO

I don't know because it was all in technical language.

I don't know because it was all in technical language.

OK. I'll go back and look I don't believe there is any mention that the spinal injury wasn't fixable.

It says he did it from when he found her til they arrived and continued to administer CPR til they told him to stop. More than what little Max got.

Interesting that you picked up on that point about CPR being noted in both Autopsy Reports. I didn't, so thanks! Does open up lotsa questions about Max not getting CPR right away.

JMO

Posts regarding Rebecca and her autopsy go here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148933"]Rebecca's Autopsy - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please let's try to keep the thread on topic.

Thanks,

Salem

I don't see that the AR says anything was severed. The AR does say that RN was not giving CPR when the officer arrived.

According to the AR, lack of oxygen to the brain is what killed him.

JMO
Unfortunately, RZ nor or sister may not have been trained on CPR.

JMO

The point is that no CPR was being given to Max when the Officer arrived on scene. Deprivation of oxygen to his brain cost the child his life, according to the AR.

JMO
Typically the 911 operator will instruct a person with CPR procedures. Why hasn't the 911 call been released or has it?

Unfortunately, RZ nor or sister may not have been trained on CPR.

RZ allegedly worked in a laser surgery office and assisted during surgery. Wouldn't she have been trained in CPR if she assisted in surgeries?

Interesting, detailed article about MS:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/09/10/rebecca-zahau-case-max-shacknai-autopsy-review/

"So, what the hell happened to Max? Why did he die? Why couldn’t the specialized doctors in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit save him?

No one could save Max, once he fell. The fatal damage was done before anyone even found him. You see, Max suffered a tragic, somewhat rare injury that was not fixable. Somewhere, during his fall, he sustained a neck hyperextension injury that essentially “unplugged” his spinal cord from his brainstem. The injury didn’t sever the cord– or cardiac arrest would have been irreversible. But the hyperextension injury stretched Max’s spinal cord in such an extreme manner, that he essentially almost unplugged his spinal cord from his brainstem. This produced the cardiac arrest at the scene. There is no amount or quality of CPR or advanced care that can overcome a shredded spinal cord at the junction of the brainstem. The fall set in motion the series of events that lead to his death 4 days later. The autopsy report confirms this. And for those who are conspiracy theorists…no assassin is that lucky; no way. It was an accident."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288