Discussion of the New Lead in the Search for Stacy Peterson

One of his attorneys, Joel Brodsky, questioned whether state police were trying to influence public opinion just before the trial by launching the downstate search for Stacy. He mocked the search effort, saying, "Two possum families finally have closure."
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/bolingbrooksun/news/2397126,4_1_JO16_PETERSON_S1-100616.article

On Saturday, Brodsky released a statement that read in part, "There has never been one, single factual piece of evidence regarding either Stacy's disappearance, or in the death of Kathy Savio, that shows that Drew is guilty of any wrongdoing whatsoever."
He also called the most recent search "patently ridiculous."
"Drew's position from day one has always been that she ran off with another man because that's what she told him," Brodsky said.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7482823

Brodsky, who has taken potshots at the state police since they launched the Peoria search operation, did so again this week.
"The state police finally have it right," he said. "Stacy is playing possum."
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/2421376,4_1_JO23_PETERSON_S1-100623.article

So, given JB's stance on the search, why does he want this?

"We want to know why they're digging in Peoria," said Joel Brodsky, the lead attorney for Stacy's husband -- disgraced former cop Drew Peterson.
"We're curious," Brodsky said. "For a lot of reasons, we're curious."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/2421376,4_1_JO23_PETERSON_S1-100623.article

LOL! ......now you're curious?
Idiot.

Crocus...............I wish some reporter would throw Joel Brodsky's comments back at him and then ask the question, "after all your comments denouncing the search and ridiculing police efforts, what made you suddenly do a turnabout and become concerned about that search and start demanding answers?"

Here's a brief new article on today's court hearing. At the hearing last Friday, Joel Brodsky requested information about the search in Peoria. An assistant from the Illinois Attorney General's office argued that the ongoing investigation by the ISP not be disclosed. Judge White ordered that the ISP provide him with their investigative reports on their search in Peoria by Thursday (today) and and he will determine what information the defense will be allowed to have.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7517912

Another breaking story......................

Judge in Peterson murder trial: 'Fox taped autopsy?'

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/06/judge-in-peterson-murder-trial-fox-taped-autopsy.html

Judge White was surprised to learn that Fox News taped the autopsy of Kathleen Savio.

It's stated in the article that Judge White will rule on what the defense will be allowed to have in the way of investigative reports from the ISP on their search in Peoria, and on hearsay material that will or will not be admitted in the upcoming trial. He will announce his decisions next Tuesday.

Another breaking story......................

Judge in Peterson murder trial: 'Fox taped autopsy?'

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/06/judge-in-peterson-murder-trial-fox-taped-autopsy.html

Judge White was surprised to learn that Fox News taped the autopsy of Kathleen Savio.

It's stated in the article that Judge White will rule on what the defense will be allowed to have in the way of investigative reports from the ISP on their search in Peoria, and on hearsay material that will or will not be admitted in the upcoming trial. He will announce his decisions next Tuesday.

Hmmm... Interesting, but it is Baden. And, since everything else has to be filmed why not all autopsies too? Don't freak, I don't mean put them on the internet, although with Baden/Fox this may down the line (few years) this may be part of a show. Just don't watch it if you cannot. All the Baden things on youtube (no cable here, so maybe there too) are about real cases. No arguments from me about the taping though. Can just be viewed by the Judge, prosecutors, defense, and experts for errors and clarification.

Oh and Stacy's search. I hope it remains quite for now. That is an entirely different case. Don't need them combined, which may be what the defense is fishing for, besides it really can "taint" the current one if jurors know.

Hmmm... Interesting, but it is Baden. And, since everything else has to be filmed why not all autopsies too? Don't freak, I don't mean put them on the internet, although with Baden/Fox this may down the line (few years) this may be part of a show. Just don't watch it if you cannot. All the Baden things on youtube (no cable here, so maybe there too) are about real cases. No arguments from me about the taping though. Can just be viewed by the Judge, prosecutors, defense, and experts for errors and clarification.

Although the judge was surprised about Fox News taping the autopsy, it's not the autopsy that counts. Prior to Dr. Baden doing the autopsy for the Savio family, the autopsy that was done first was done by an independent medical examiner brought in from outside Will County. He did the second autopsy and determined it was homicide, and then Dr. Baden did the next (third) autopsy for the Savio family and reached the same conclusion.

So, Dr. Baden's autopsy doesn't count, except for the Savio family who wanted someone they felt they could trust to be honest with them. For the purpose of the trial, the autopsy that will be used is the one done by the independent medical examiner brought in from outside Will County.

Even if you initially thought that your dear spouse had run off with another guy, wouldn't you get slightly concerned if three years go by and not one trace of her?

IMO the possum comments by JB are in very bad taste, since there is a missing person who is missed by her family even if DP didn't bury her in Peoria.

Does he really think that having a lawyer make obnoxious comments is going to work wonders in a trial?

Even if you initially thought that your dear spouse had run off with another guy, wouldn't you get slightly concerned if three years go by and not one trace of her?

IMO the possum comments by JB are in very bad taste, since there is a missing person who is missed by her family even if DP didn't bury her in Peoria.

Does he really think that having a lawyer make obnoxious comments is going to work wonders in a trial?
Well, unfortunately DP, Brodsky and the words 'bad taste' seem to go hand in hand. I have been following this case from the onset and I've yet to hear of either one of them doing anything in good taste. Infact, when either one of them speaks, I can taste the bile that is rising from my stomach. These are two that I can't wait for the Karma train to run over them, and I hope Kathleen and Stacy are driving that train...........

http://interceder.net/news/stacy-peterson

lots of info about news articles about Stacy

This article is at your link;

Link

"She lowered her voice and said, 'Can you keep a secret?'" Rossetto testified. "She said the night Kathleen Savio died, he (Peterson) came home really, really late, all dressed in black and said, 'If anyone ever asks where I was, tell them I was home.'"

About 48 hours later, Stacy disappeared.

She made a huge mistake there. If she had come forward she might still be alive. JMO

Well, unfortunately DP, Brodsky and the words 'bad taste' seem to go hand in hand. I have been following this case from the onset and I've yet to hear of either one of them doing anything in good taste. Infact, when either one of them speaks, I can taste the bile that is rising from my stomach. These are two that I can't wait for the Karma train to run over them, and I hope Kathleen and Stacy are driving that train...........

I agree, and hope that some time in the next month or so we will witness a two-part karma.............part one when DP is convicted, and part two when he's charged with Stacy's death.

Link

"She lowered her voice and said, 'Can you keep a secret?'" Rossetto testified. "She said the night Kathleen Savio died, he (Peterson) came home really, really late, all dressed in black and said, 'If anyone ever asks where I was, tell them I was home.'"

She made a huge mistake there. If she had come forward she might still be alive. JMO

From what Stacy told Pastor Schori, she was very frightened of the local police. She knew that some of the local police had covered for DP in the past. She feared they wouldn't believe her and would instead tell DP what she told them.

The other option was to go to the state police, but would they believe her? If they checked into Kathleen Savio's death they would see it was listed as accidental, and think Stacy was just a crazy lady or a wife out to get her husband.

Stacy was afraid of DP but she didn't know what lay ahead. Had she known that he was planning to kill her within a matter of days, her best option would have been to just get in a car and leave. But DP had GPS on her car. She would have had to have help - someone loaning her a car and a destination where she'd be safe.

But what would Stacy do if she was in a safe location out of the reach of DP? She'd have to somehow find someone who would be willing to reopen the coronor's report on the death of Kathleen Savio, and she would have to file for divorce from DP and knowing that DP killed Kathleen before the the divorce between Kathleen and Drew was final, she would have to stay in a secure location until the divorce was final. And even after she was divorced from DP, would she ever be safe?

From what Stacy told Pastor Schori, she was very frightened of the local police. She knew that some of the local police had covered for DP in the past. She feared they wouldn't believe her and would instead tell DP what she told them.

The other option was to go to the state police, but would they believe her? If they checked into Kathleen Savio's death they would see it was listed as accidental, and think Stacy was just a crazy lady or a wife out to get her husband.

Stacy was afraid of DP but she didn't know what lay ahead. Had she known that he was planning to kill her within a matter of days, her best option would have been to just get in a car and leave. But DP had GPS on her car. She would have had to have help - someone loaning her a car and a destination where she'd be safe.

But what would Stacy do if she was in a safe location out of the reach of DP? She'd have to somehow find someone who would be willing to reopen the coronor's report on the death of Kathleen Savio, and she would have to file for divorce from DP and knowing that DP killed Kathleen before the the divorce between Kathleen and Drew was final, she would have to stay in a secure location until the divorce was final. And even after she was divorced from DP, would she ever be safe?
You're right. She really was stuck between a rock and a brick wall. Kathleen's family members had already tried (unsuccessfully) to get them to take another look at her 'accident'. After Stacy had already been DP's alibi, for her to now speak up would most likely have gotten her nowhere. Now that she's gone missing, LE is finally listening to her.

Wow. When you think about it that way, she really had nowhere to turn. Man, I really do feel for her and what she had to be going through. She had to know she was in deep doo-doo. And now, Stacy and Kathleen are in a sense, joining forces to bring the truth forward. Is it just me, or does this seem absolutely surreal?

Please let the truth be known and find this murderer guilty and make him pay the ultimate price for his crimes. He's gone way too long unpunished. I hope he's beyond miserable each and every day he spends behind bars. I just wish he'd have to spend his time in General Population. Now that would be JUSTICE!

June 29, 2010

BY MICHAEL SNEED Sun-Times Columnist
The Stacy Peterson file . . .
The search for Stacy Peterson is getting stranger and strange

Consider. Sneed has learned an unproductive six-hour search for murder suspect Drew Peterson's wife, Stacy, was conducted Saturday on a private farm near Peoria.

A source providing "new additional information" (who also prompted the first big unproductive farm search) refused to "physically go out on the property to help," said a top police source.

"We asked the source to come out and help, but he didn't want to and didn't specify as to why," said Sneed's source, who also stated the search was conducted with cadaver dogs over two sites comprising several acres.
"Over the course of the last couple years we've searched over 100 sites [for Stacy Peterson]," the source added.

If the article is correct, they were searching again Saturday. Anyone in the area see any activity?

Link

[I]"She lowered her voice and said, 'Can you keep a secret?'" Rossetto testified. "She said the night Kathleen Savio died, he (Peterson) came home really, really late, all dressed in black and said, 'If anyone ever asks where I was, tell them I was home.'"

[/I]

It's too bad she didn't come forward a long time ago.

June 29, 2010

BY MICHAEL SNEED Sun-Times Columnist
The Stacy Peterson file . . .
The search for Stacy Peterson is getting stranger and strange

Consider. Sneed has learned an unproductive six-hour search for murder suspect Drew Peterson's wife, Stacy, was conducted Saturday on a private farm near Peoria.

A source providing "new additional information" (who also prompted the first big unproductive farm search) refused to "physically go out on the property to help," said a top police source.

"We asked the source to come out and help, but he didn't want to and didn't specify as to why," said Sneed's source, who also stated the search was conducted with cadaver dogs over two sites comprising several acres.
"Over the course of the last couple years we've searched over 100 sites [for Stacy Peterson]," the source added.

If the article is correct, they were searching again Saturday. Anyone in the area see any activity?

I'm not in the area and can't answer the question of anyone seeing any activity, but this does sound like they've conducted a second search. And the "source" is providing additional new information.

And, it certainly sounds like the "source" doesn't want to be seen and identified. The first search generated a lot of media attention with news media from all the major networks lined up outside the entrance to the search site. The source may have feared a leak to the press of a new search and feared being recognized.

I'm thinking back to the first weeks after Stacy disappeared, and at that time, Greta Van Susteran and to a lesser extent, Nancy Grace, were covering this story on a daily basis. Greta went to Bolingbrook along with members of the Fox News staff.........Mark Fuhrman, Steph Watts, and even Geraldo did live interviews from Bolingbrook. There were several people that Greta and the other Fox News personnel interviewed on a daily basis and those interviews were broadcast on Greta's nightly program. Several people became well known to those who were following the case. I'm wondering if the "source" for the information about what's buried at the search site in Peoria is one of those people? The source may worry that if he were to go there with LE he would be recognized by the media right away.

Hmmm..... interesting. They sure have my curiosity piqued, and that's an understatement!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back