Discussion thread for Jodi Arias Journals

That's why it felt so icky to read. I've grown so accustomed to disliking her that it caught me off guard to feel sorry for her, knowing that in desperation she fell hard for the scheme. It probably only added debt and stress.

Towards the end of Journal 2 she's taking notes at a strategy meeting. $30,000 a month is possible in PPL....

She was very into it. At least the lectures, meetings, personal development. That's the majority of what I've read so far. Affirmations, positive quotes from motivational books mentioned in the meetings.

Ack, I'm only in volume one and JA seemed to have swallowed PPL whole. That makes me feel weird because I'm reading the words of a woman who is in financial trouble and this is the hope. So much so that she is journaling ,word for word, what others are saying. I don't like it. It also makes me wonder if she journaled before this, or was that also a suggestion from PPL. Does anybody know?

It is an eye opener about where some of her lingo comes from, it comes from PPL.

I also agree with others who have said these are legit.

It was my understanding that journaling and how he made lists of things to accomplish each day were two of the things she had admired about TA.... iirc this was referred to by her at some point, I know if you read TA's blog he speaks of how he works to better himself by doing this.

http://travisalexander.blogspot.co.uk/
"Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Creating An Amazing Day."

Finished journal #2. Of most interest:

- how often she writes about her mother and father (calls her stepdad her dad) and about how much she loves and misses them, and how much her mother has done for her.

-- how often she writes about pets, her own cats and Napoleon. She writes of them with huge affection, which actually seems genuine, as opposed to her feelings about people.

-- she was having serious money problems in fall 2007. Couldn't hold onto a waitress job, wasn't earning money with PPL. She only has a bed because Rachel gave her a futon. Before that was sleeping on the floor.

I think Darryl was right....she seemed to be lost in magical thinking about money...that somehow it would just come to her if she thought the right thoughts and had the right attitude.

I didn't know she had a stepdad? Is she talking about her half sister Julie's stepfather? He certainly wouldn't be "her" stepdad, I am confused.

That's why it felt so icky to read. I've grown so accustomed to disliking her that it caught me off guard to feel sorry for her, knowing that in desperation she fell hard for the scheme. It probably only added debt and stress.

It surely would have, also it would have given her false hope, and basically told her that the reason she had no money was because of her own inability to 'think right' when in reality it was because all her time was being taken up working for a multi level company that wasn't going to reward her fairly, and chasing after some guy that wasn't interested in her who worked for same company, and who's own finances were heading down the toilet for the same reason.

That magical thinking about money is typical of multi level marketing companies .. it's basically a con to get people to give up their time and hard earned for zilch and not complain or blame the cult, erm I mean company. Perhaps deep down this was another source of her anger towards Travis? Example: http://ethanvanderbuilt.com/2013/09/27/wakeupnow-scam-yes-opinion/

I think it absolutely had an impact. She fell hard for the cult. And for Travis. He was a success in the business. He took her to the Executive Dinner, had a 4,500 sq ft home, travel. Yet she couldn't earn in PPL.
In her mind...she gave up her Palm Desert home, her relationship with Daryl, converted to Mormonism, degraded herself sexually...all for Travis. When it became clear that he would not marry her , that she had essentially wasted 21 months of her life. When she went back to Yreka and a twin bed in her grandmothers modest home a waitress gig at the Purple Plum AND realized if she continued to fish in the PPL pond or the Mormon sea...that it was very likely Travis would be there to warn the next guy about getting hacked -about slashed tires etc. it was too much. She'd already, in her mind, sacrificed everything for him...now was she going to let this man who rejected her ruin her future too?

I think it absolutely had an impact. She fell hard for the cult. And for Travis. He was a success in the business. He took her to the Executive Dinner, had a 4,500 sq ft home, travel. Yet she couldn't earn in PPL.
In her mind...she gave up her Palm Desert home, her relationship with Daryl, converted to Mormonism, degraded herself sexually...all for Travis. When it became clear that he would not marry her , that she had essentially wasted 21 months of her life. When she went back to Yreka and a twin bed in her grandmothers modest home a waitress gig at the Purple Plum AND realized if she continued to fish in the PPL pond or the Mormon sea...that it was very likely Travis would be there to warn the next guy about getting hacked -about slashed tires etc. it was too much. She'd already, in her mind, sacrificed everything for him...now was she going to let this man who rejected her ruin her future too?

Totally agree with you, I think that's exactly what happened.

There are a few pages of a 2002 journal in what's listed as journal #3. They relate to breaking up with MM. And they're not crazy as in obsessive at all...they just sound very new agey and young girly.

I suppose I need to read these journals out of curiosity. If I am reading all of you correctly, you are all feeling sorry for her? This young silly girl went from home to boy to boy to man looking for someone to take care of her and then she met Travis. She feel in love I suppose and thought he and PPL represented her dream life. When he refused to marry her and she had no money, she decided she had to kill him? What am I missing?

I don't feel sorry for her at all. Suppose he used her, suppose he was a con artist, suppose he liked oral sex or whatever. She could have walked away. Instead she turned all her anger inside her sick self toward him and slaughtered him. Who does that except a sick Psycopath?

I'm not feeling sorry for her Curious. I'm just surprised at how much PPL is in the journals. I thought once she met Travis she wasn't serious at all about it but she was.
The whole time I read...I just read 11/04/07...all I can think is Travis had 7 months to live. This girl who writes about not killing spiders in September slits a humans throat in June. It's crazy

I suppose I need to read these journals out of curiosity. If I am reading all of you correctly, you are all feeling sorry for her? This young silly girl went from home to boy to boy to man looking for someone to take care of her and then she met Travis. She feel in love I suppose and thought he and PPL represented her dream life. When he refused to marry her and she had no money, she decided she had to kill him? What am I missing?

I don't feel sorry for her at all. Suppose he used her, suppose he was a con artist, suppose he liked oral sex or whatever. She could have walked away. Instead she turned all her anger inside her sick self toward him and slaughtered him. Who does that except a sick Psycopath?

I am not feeling sorry for her at all! Prior to reading the journals...at least the ones I have read...I was firmly convinced they were contrived. Now, I am not so sure. Further, it is sad (I guess that's the term I would use) how sucked into PPL and the Church that she was. She totally bought into that. The whole, change your thinking, change your life bit was apparently very real to her.

I'm not feeling sorry for her Curious. I'm just surprised at how much PPL is in the journals. I thought once she met Travis she wasn't serious at all about it but she was.
The whole time I read...I just read 11/04/07...all I can think is Travis had 7 months to live. This girl who writes about not killing spiders in September slits a humans throat in June. It's crazy

I see PPL as a huge con but there are others. I was at a friends home today and think she was watching The Chew or some talk show like that and Steve Harvey was the guest. He was advising people to dream HUGE or they would never succeed. He went on and on about it and telling people to take risks and chances, etc. I see him as a con also. Jodi was looking for a sweet life, something easy, delusional. I just don't feel sorry for people like her. They don't know how to work for a living. In the first place she should have finished school but she was too busy rebelling against her parents to listen. Then she smooched from Darryl. She is just a loser, period. And I think she got a big thrill from murdering Travis, a thrill like no other. And I believe she will kill again, if she is ever set free.

12/26/07 She writes about Travis making many EMOTIONAL deposits into our joint account but that he is near overdawn today. There it is! She specifically says emotional deposits (Journal 3)

I am not feeling sorry for her at all! Prior to reading the journals...at least the ones I have read...I was firmly convinced they were contrived. Now, I am not so sure. Further, it is sad (I guess that's the term I would use) how sucked into PPL and the Church that she was. She totally bought into that. The whole, change your thinking, change your life bit was apparently very real to her.

My point is that the whole change your thinking, change your life bit is so prevalent in society today. It is everywhere and it's a con. It is great to be positive but so many people are so fake and she bought into it because she wanted an easy way out, someone to take care of her. I can easily see her as one Charles Manson's girls who helped him kill. I am sure their journals would have read the same, if they wrote one. It is sad people fall for it. But they don't have to kill for it. Seems like people are now saying she is indeed mentally ill. I think anyone who kills has to be mentally ill in some form or fashion but it doesn't take from the heinous crime they commit.
And let's not forget what a liar this murderer is. She has lied her whole life. I won't buy into any sadness now, not for her anyway. I am sad a young man was killed because he wouldn't make her dreams come true.

12/26/07 She writes about Travis making many EMOTIONAL deposits into our joint account but that he is near overdawn today. There it is! She specifically says emotional deposits (Journal 3)

THANK YOU! That's the way I always saw it. And she made him pay.

My point is that the whole change your thinking, change your life bit is so prevalent in society today. It is everywhere and it's a con. It is great to be positive but so many people are so fake and she bought into it because she wanted an easy way out, someone to take care of her. I can easily see her as one Charles Manson's girls who helped him kill. I am sure their journals would have read the same, if they wrote one. It is sad people fall for it. But they don't have to kill for it. Seems like people are now saying she is indeed mentally ill. I think anyone who kills has to be mentally ill in some form or fashion but it doesn't take from the heinous crime they commit.
And let's not forget what a liar this murderer is. She has lied her whole life. I won't buy into any sadness now, not for her anyway. I am sad a young man was killed because he wouldn't make her dreams come true.

I agree with every word!

Just finished #3. She's as exhausting to read as she is when she's spouting on and on and on. It's taken over 120 pages of her journal for it to sink in that there really isn't anyone home there.

She has nothing original to say about anything or anyone. Two thirds of her journal consists of insufferably trite quotations and quotes about success and money and positive thinking and blah blah blah blah. Lost track of how many times she says " I loooooove "..(the Lord, sushi, someone she just met, Travis, etc), followed by a little smiley face.

Sorry for her? No. But so far I have no sense whatsoever that I am reading the journals of a murderer. If I had no clue who the author was , my best guess would be a very young woman with emotional problems who might very well be heading for a breakdown of some sort.

BTW, Journal 3 bounces all over the place... 2007, 2002, 2008....

It was my understanding that journaling and how he made lists of things to accomplish each day were two of the things she had admired about TA.... iirc this was referred to by her at some point, I know if you read TA's blog he speaks of how he works to better himself by doing this.

http://travisalexander.blogspot.co.uk/
"Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Creating An Amazing Day."

Why does TA have a UK blogspot? That seems really bizarre......

to anyone else reading the journals...I have noticed several times that she writes the same word twice in a row...like, for example, I wish wish...and then marks out the second/repeated word or phrase. For that reason, I feel like these journals cannot be spontaneously written. I mean, who does that in spontaneous writing? I have, though, done that when I was copying something over. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

It surely would have, also it would have given her false hope, and basically told her that the reason she had no money was because of her own inability to 'think right' when in reality it was because all her time was being taken up working for a multi level company that wasn't going to reward her fairly, and chasing after some guy that wasn't interested in her who worked for same company, and who's own finances were heading down the toilet for the same reason.

Is there independent evidence that TA wasn't doing reasonably well financially? Part of his mortgage was paid by renters; he was evidently successful at PPL; he was generous. Maybe any hint that TA wasn't doing well came from JA? And around that lie, she fabricated the ridiculousness that she loaned him money?

Just finished #3. She's as exhausting to read as she is when she's spouting on and on and on. It's taken over 120 pages of her journal for it to sink in that there really isn't anyone home there.

She has nothing original to say about anything or anyone. Two thirds of her journal consists of insufferably trite quotations and quotes about success and money and positive thinking and blah blah blah blah. Lost track of how many times she says " I loooooove "..(the Lord, sushi, someone she just met, Travis, etc), followed by a little smiley face.

Sorry for her? No. But so far I have no sense whatsoever that I am reading the journals of a murderer. If I had no clue who the author was , my best guess would be a very young woman with emotional problems who might very well be heading for a breakdown of some sort.

BTW, Journal 3 bounces all over the place... 2007, 2002, 2008....

But Hope come on......You know how much I think of your posts, but this reminds me of Jennifer Wilmott questioning Dr. Geffner about poor deluded Jodi, mentally ill young lady who was used. So she had a breakdown and murdered Travis. Oh but she didn't shoot him and stop. She stabbed him multiple times and slit his throat. Oh but then she got herself together long enough to cover her tracks by calling his voicemail, grinds Ryan, and then goes home and acts as if everything's fine. Who does that? Not a young girl who had a breakdown. No this was a premeditated murder by a cold and calculating killer.

How could Travis have known bringing her into his PPL and church group would cost him his life?

Your second paragraph says it all. Immature, nothing inside, shallow, selfish, dreamer. Nothing original. She had to have his life or take his life. Period.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back