Discussion thread for Jodi Arias Journals

Creepy. Reading Travis' journal. What hit me right away is that she copied his way of writing in a journal, including initials at the end of each entry. He is using a makeshift journal because his is "lost." Along with that diamond ring, which he says JA "apparently took", so it is "not lost." He's not expressing anger about it at all.

And yes, he's sounding desperate about running out of time to get married, having to leave the singles ward within months. He still calls JA a "great girl, " and this is at the time she's leaving.

Creepy indeed! Re her adopting his method of journaling. I find it odd to write ones deepest darkest thoughts in the same journal as notes from business meetings. Maybe because I have a tendency to leave things laying around where anyone could see it. They both do that though.

I was surprised at how desperate Travis sounds to find a wife. He laments Mimi's lack of interest in him, he pines for Lisa and he is interested in a 19 year old that he has just met. He doesn't, though, include Jodi in that list. He also writes of money to be made and bills to pay. He does not mention loans from Jodi.

Is there independent evidence that TA wasn't doing reasonably well financially? Part of his mortgage was paid by renters; he was evidently successful at PPL; he was generous. Maybe any hint that TA wasn't doing well came from JA? And around that lie, she fabricated the ridiculousness that she loaned him money?

Yes he had money issues, house payments and keeping the lifestyle afloat from memory, not earning enough .. credit cards etc.

Creepy indeed! Re her adopting his method of journaling. I find it odd to write ones deepest darkest thoughts in the same journal as notes from business meetings. Maybe because I have a tendency to leave things laying around where anyone could see it. They both do that though.

I was surprised at how desperate Travis sounds to find a wife. He laments Mimi's lack of interest in him, he pines for Lisa and he is interested in a 19 year old that he has just met. He doesn't, though, include Jodi in that list. He also writes of money to be made and bills to pay. He does not mention loans from Jodi.

What he is decidedly NOT is suicidal, self-pitying, or depressed. The DT's experts are full of it. Romeo and Juliette , my behind.

I love his entry that he hadn't heard from JA for a whole day, and his "wow!" That he thought the day would never come, and he's HAPPY not to hear from her.

What's weird is that he writes nothing about a blowup with her in May. She vanishes altogether from his journal by early May.

And its interesting that Cancun comes his way in April, as does taking Mimi. Who says she's interested in him, she's just not sure how interested. And Lisa is forgiving him and wants to get closer- Lisa who he says always looks so sweet and innocent, which he loves.

And maybe most interesting.....that 19 year old who he describes as super hot and sexy and she's going to hang out with him at his house, just the two of them. Now THAT would push JA over the edge...to be replaced as the naughty girl.

Second half of #6 and all of #7 are repeats of the other journals. One more to go, listed as her "last journal, " the one she likely rewrote after she killed T.

I just want to say thank you so much for those of you who are sharing this information from these journals. Whereas, I would like to subscribe, and would to Beth's website as that price is very doable, but PayPal is not something I want to try out. But I do understand Beth's choice of this payment method versus the expense incurred to allow credit card type payments.

I have never thought that all of her journals would have been rewritten and from what was written in the first two volumes there does not sound like anything in them that would need to be rewritten. It is for the year 2008 where the possibility of rewriting might occur when Jodi suddenly became acutely aware that LE (and other people) were immediately looking at her as the perpetrator. This is when she no doubt reread what she had written in the prior months to June 4, 2008. The fact that the handwriting is consistent is suspicious of recopying a previous journal from what has been indicated by those who are so fortunate to be analytically viewing these journals.

I do wish that someone such as BritsKate who has incredible knowledge and awareness relating to psychopaths and sociopaths would give us some input as this relates to Jodi's journals. It would not surprise me that these individuals could and would write journals. Jodi sounded "normal" in the first two volumes even if immaturely written. I just have a bunch of thoughts and questions.

Yes he had money issues, house payments and keeping the lifestyle afloat from memory, not earning enough .. credit cards etc.

Is that a reference to the bond/s that he gave to the Hughes as collateral for that 6k loan I've read about?

She had sex with him before she killed him to try to rob him of his afterlife in good standing. She told Bishop Layton about Travis having sex with her up to that day because she wanted to smear him in the Church. She told Taylor Searle about the sex to smear Travis in his circle of friends.

Her last journal is filled with hatred of Travis and glee at his family's suffering, all very thinly coated with sanctimonious tripe about her own virtue and suffering.

She's vile and deserves the DP. The end.

Ps. I bet JM is calling Taylor to speak to her lack of remorse. Going to a friend of the man she just butchered and smearing him to that friends screams DP, IMO.

Is that a reference to the bond/s that he gave to the Hughes as collateral for that 6k loan I've read about?

I'm on the phone now so I'll have to find links (and refresh my memory) later on .. By memory it was related to his house.

What he is decidedly NOT is suicidal, self-pitying, or depressed. The DT's experts are full of it. Romeo and Juliette , my behind.

I love his entry that he hadn't heard from JA for a whole day, and his "wow!" That he thought the day would never come, and he's HAPPY not to hear from her.

What's weird is that he writes nothing about a blowup with her in May. She vanishes altogether from his journal by early May.

And its interesting that Cancun comes his way in April, as does taking Mimi. Who says she's interested in him, she's just not sure how interested. And Lisa is forgiving him and wants to get closer- Lisa who he says always looks so sweet and innocent, which he loves.

And maybe most interesting.....that 19 year old who he describes as super hot and sexy and she's going to hang out with him at his house, just the two of them. Now THAT would push JA over the edge...to be replaced as the naughty girl.

Here is the thing about this to me...he openly writes about his angst with Mimi...planning dates/opportunities for them to be together, taking get well items to her house when she is ill, the I like you do you like me discussion, his disappointment/acceptance of the let's be friends chat. He pines for a relationship, even if it is "just" a friendship with Lisa. He expresses great determination in having a chat with her and is so pleased when she finally calls him back and agrees to talk to him and to try to have a more cordial relationship with him. You can practically feel him salivating over the 19 year old. Jodi...not so much! He writes that he hasn't heard from her all day and that he never thought that would happen. He seems almost relieved by that. She is never mentioned in his search for a wife...not with regret, not with longing, not with any measure at all of what might have been. She simply doesn't make his list. If I did not know about the "nekid" pictures, I would never get from this journal that she ever meant anything to him at all.

I also would not get from this journal that he was suicidal. He is forward thinking. He has great plans for himself. He has boatloads of confidence. That makes me wonder if his other journals were "found".

I remain puzzled by the fact that both of them write true journal style entries in the same book as notes from PPL or Church. There is a time, even, when Travis is journaling while waiting to go on as a speaker. I would be in a pure panic over that...write my deepest darkest thoughts in a book, turn the page and take meeting notes then leave it there while I go speak to a crowd of folks I am hoping to sell something to?? Yeah. Not happening. With my luck someone would pick it up and read the journal entries and I would be sunk.Both of them, though, do that.

I would love to go back and compare Travis' journal entry dates with Jodis'. The thing is, though, that the journals are so disorganized that I don't think I could do it. One day the book is a journal. The next it is a meeting/Church log. The next entry on page may be from a new month or a new year and then its back to the next day. It's like they wrote in whatever was handy.

As Hope said, Jodi wrote a note in Travis' journal. Clearly they were not safe/private/unavailable to her. Odd.

I'm not feeling sorry for her Curious. I'm just surprised at how much PPL is in the journals. I thought once she met Travis she wasn't serious at all about it but she was.
The whole time I read...I just read 11/04/07...all I can think is Travis had 7 months to live. This girl who writes about not killing spiders in September slits a humans throat in June. It's crazy

Does she talk about her efforts to SELL PPL or just regurgitate the sales pitch she bought? I doubt she put any effort into actually signing anyone up for the "service". She was all about gain with no work.

Just wondering what actual solid evidence is there that Travis was in financial difficulty? And importantly, what is the big picture?

For instance, if he had borrowed money that's not in itself a sign of problems where income enables debts to be reliably repaid, and may be a prudent measure to avoid financial difficulties.

Also, I recall reading (and seeing the relevant mortgage doc) that Travis had re-mortgaged his home, giving him a large (iirc, c. $30,000) cash surplus, which would naturally have had to be approved, based on his financial history to date.

Does she talk about her efforts to SELL PPL or just regurgitate the sales pitch she bought? I doubt she put any effort into actually signing anyone up for the "service". She was all about gain with no work.

It's all talk. The third journal has notes taken from a meeting where Chris Hughes spoke on how to deflect when people ask if you're trying to sell them into a pyramid scheme. Chris also gives hints on how to approach potential recruits, "are you open to making new money?"

Why spend so much time going to these systems meetings? She could have picked up an extra shift at PF Changs and actually made money

Please keep this thread flowing with journal information. We already have a thread for Beth that has the issues with her site. If all the issues are documented in one thread they may be easier to resolve. For now this is just a discussion thread for the journal information. I don't want to remove those complaints because they should be documented.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...te-Reports-on-the-Jodi-Arias-Sentencing-Trial

Thanks, Lambchop

Just wondering what actual solid evidence is there that Travis was in financial difficulty? And importantly, what is the big picture?

For instance, if he had borrowed money that's not in itself a sign of problems where income enables debts to be reliably repaid, and may be a prudent measure to avoid financial difficulties.

Also, I recall reading (and seeing the relevant mortgage doc) that Travis had re-mortgaged his home, giving him a large (iirc, c. $30,000) cash surplus), which would would naturally have had to be approved, based on his financial history to date.

Plus Travis had just purchased a new car.

Plus Travis had just purchased a new car.

The new car and I believe the camera he just bought was over $1,000.
He seemed pretty financially responsible. He had roommates to help with his mortgage and utility bills

Also, I recall reading (and seeing the relevant mortgage doc) that Travis had re-mortgaged his home, giving him a large (iirc, c. $30,000) cash surplus), which would would naturally have had to be approved, based on his financial history to date.

I haven't got them anymore, but both JVM's and Shanna Hogan's books mention TA having to rent rooms in his home to make the mortgage. He had overspent on travel with JA, but he was working more and reining in the spending there at the end. He downgraded his car from a luxury BMW to a Toyota Prius not only because he wanted to be more environmentally green, but because he wanted a less expensive car to gas and maintain. It sounded like it was tight, but he was paying his bills and doing all the right things to stay on top of his finances. I don't recall reading that he had horrible credit card debt, just the normal stuff all us middle class working people have.

I know it sounds silly to cite JVM, but her book was fact-checked by Beth Karas.

That was news to me as well. If she stole (pilfered) muffins, what else would she steal (pilfer)? I recall the engagement ring being stolen, and the CTR ring wasn't it? Regardless, why would someone write that in a journal? I doubt that is the reason she was fired though.

On 12/31/07 she writes how she enjoys working at Mimi's. Calls it easy money. Thinks her coworkers are hitting on her, including her boss who is a woman and says the boss was very flirtatious with her the other day

On 12/31/07 she writes how she enjoys working at Mimi's. Calls it easy money. Thinks her coworkers are hitting on her, including her boss who is a woman and says the boss was very flirtatious with her the other day

She seems to think very highly of herself IMO. Or maybe she wanted TA to "accidently" see that entry?

Jan 1, 2008
She writes 30 goals for a "successful year"
#1. Get married

She really copies TA, doesn't she? Earlier journals include astrology, Qabalah, and quotidian stuff. Later journals: all Mormon, PPL meeting notes and goals.

The selling part for Jodi seems to be part of her magical thinking...she goes to meetings, she tries and tries and tries to think positively about PPL, about her life, about her relationships and her finances...she seems to believe if she just controls her thinking riches will come her way. She mentions once or twice that she has sold someone something and makes lists of folks to prospect to. She notes her two year mark with PPL and laments her failure to find her fortune in that time. Further, it seems to me that she is not just regurgitating what she has heard. Rather, she is taking contemporaneous notes during meetings and later reflects on the info. She also writes words to hymns.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back