Discussions about local fires

The member here who owns the dog heard it from the alleged RSO's ex-wife that owned the pet store, iirc. [He has not been to trial yet, so he's not officially a RSO, I think.]

wow - that sounds terrible when I type it out.
LOL I had to read that one a few times, LF, before it sunk in. But, thank you for. Makes sense now. :)

IIRC RC had (has) a friend that worked at a funeral home/crematorium.......and they have a PET cematorium..........

Information needs to be backed up with a link everyone! If we don't start using links, posts are going to start disappearing around here. It is starting to look like a rumor mill on a couple of these threads.

If posts start disappearing, don't expect a complimentary explanation. There just isn't enough time in the day when so many are being made without anything to back them up.

I hope this helps some. I don't want to think about any of of this for Haliegh.

Cremation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Hindu public ceremonial cremation in Bali This article needs additional citations for verification.
Please help improve this article by adding reliable references. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2009)

Cremation is the process of reducing dead human bodies to basic chemical compounds in the form of gases and bone fragments. This is accomplished through high temperatures and vaporization.[1] Contrary to popular belief, the cremated remains are not ashes in the usual sense, but rather dried bone fragments that have been pulverized, typically in a device called an electric cremated remains processor (or pulverization may be done by hand). This leaves the bone in a fine sand like texture and colour, able to be scattered without need for mixing with any foreign matter.[2] Their weight is appoximately 4 pounds (1.8 kg) for adult females and 6 pounds (2.7 kg) for adult males.

Cremation may serve as a funeral or postfuneral rite that is an alternative to the interment of an intact body in a casket. Cremated remains, which are not a health risk, may be buried or immured in memorial sites or cemeteries, or they may be legally retained by relatives or dispersed in a variety of ways and locations.

In many countries cremation is usually done in a crematory but others may prefer different methods. An example is the common practice of open-air cremation in India.

Contents [hide]
1 Modern cremation process
1.1 Body container
1.2 Burning and ashes collection
1.3 Ash weight and composition
2 Methods of keeping or disposing of the cremated remains
3 Reasons for choosing cremation
4 Environmental impact
5 Religious views on cremation
5.1 Indian religions
5.1.1 Bali
5.2 Christianity
5.2.1 Roman Catholicism
5.2.2 Protestantism
5.2.3 Eastern Orthodox and others who forbid cremation
5.2.4 Mormonism
5.3 Islam
5.4 Judaism
5.5 Zoroastrianism
5.6 Religions that permit cremation
5.7 Other religions that forbid cremation
6 History
6.1 Ancient
6.2 In the Middle Ages
6.3 The modern era
6.4 New Technology
7 Negative experiences with cremation in recent history
7.1 World War II
7.2 The Tri-State Crematory Incident
7.3 The Indian Ocean tsunamis
8 See also
9 References
10 External links

[edit] Modern cremation process
The cremation occurs in a crematory (or crematorium), consisting of one or more cremator furnaces or cremation retorts for the ashes. A cremator is an industrial furnace capable of generating temperatures of 870–980 °C (1,598–1,796 °F) to ensure disintegration of the corpse. A crematorium may be part of chapel or a funeral home, or part of an independent facility or a service offered by a cemetery.

Assumption Catholic Cemetery and Crematory in Mississauga, Ontario, with chimney visibleModern cremator fuels include natural gas and propane. However, coal and coke were used until the early 1960s.

Modern cremators have adjustable control systems that monitor the furnace during cremation. These systems automatically monitor the interior to tell when the cremation process is complete, after which the furnace shuts down automatically. The time required for cremation thus varies from body to body, and in modern furnaces may be as fast as one hour per 45 kilograms (99 lb) of body weight.

A cremation furnace is not designed to cremate more than one body at a time, something that is illegal in many countries, including the U.S. Exceptions are sometimes made in extreme cases, such as of a deceased mother and her still-born child or still-born twins, but in these cases the mother and child must be placed in the same cremation container.

The chamber where the body is placed is called the retort. It is lined with refractory bricks that resist the heat. The bricks are typically replaced every five years because of thermal fatigue.

Modern cremators are computer-controlled to ensure legal and safe use; e.g., the door cannot be opened until the cremator has reached its operating temperature. The coffin or container is inserted (charged) into the retort as quickly as possible to avoid heat loss through the top-opening door. The container may be on a charger (motorised trolley) that can quickly insert the container, or one that can tilt and tip the container into the cremator.

Some crematoria allow relatives to view the charging. This is sometimes done for religious reasons, such as in traditional Hindu and Jain funerals.[3]

Most cremators are a standard size. Typically, larger cities have access to an oversize cremator that can handle deceased in the 200 kilograms (440 lb)+ range. Most large crematoria have a small cremator installed for the cremation of fetal and infant remains.

[edit] Body container
In the U.S., a body ready to be cremated must be placed in a container for cremation, which can be a simple corrugated cardboard box or a wooden casket. Most casket manufacturers provide a line of caskets specially built for cremation. Another option is a cardboard box that fits inside a wooden shell designed to look like a traditional casket. After the funeral service, the interior box is removed from the shell before cremation, permitting the shell to be reused. Funeral homes may also offer rental caskets, which are traditional caskets used only for the duration of the services, after which the body is transferred to another container for cremation. Rental caskets are sometimes designed with removable beds and liners, which are replaced after each use.[citation needed]

In the UK, the body is not removed from the coffin and is not placed into a container as described above. The body is cremated with the coffin, which is why all UK coffins that are to be used for cremation must be made of combustible material. The Code of Cremation Practice forbids the opening of the coffin once it has arrived at the crematorium, and rules stipulate it must be cremated within 72 hours of the funeral service.[4] Thus, in the UK, bodies are cremated in the same coffin as they are placed in at the undertaker's although the regulations allow the use of an approved 'cover' during the funeral service.[4] It is recommended that jewellery be removed before the coffin is sealed for this reason. After the cremation process has been completed, the remains are passed through a magnetic field to remove any metal, which will be interred elsewhere in the crematorium grounds, or increasingly, recycled. The ashes are then given to relatives or loved ones or scattered in the Crematorium grounds where facilities exist.[5]

In Australia, the deceased are cremated in a coffin supplied by the undertaker. Reusable or cardboard coffins are becoming popular, with several manufacturers now supplying them. If cost is an issue, a plain, particle-board coffin (known in the trade as a "chippie") will be offered. Handles (if fitted) are plastic and approved for use in a cremator. Coffins vary from natural cardboard or unfinished particle board (covered with a velvet pall if there is a service) to solid timber; most are veneered particle board.[citation needed]

Cremations can be "delivery only," with no preceding chapel service at the crematorium (although a church service may have been held) or preceded by a service in one of the crematorium chapels. Delivery-only allows crematoria to schedule cremations to make best use of the cremators, perhaps by holding the body overnight in a refrigerator. As a result, a lower fee is applicable. Delivery-only may be referred to in industry jargon as "west chapel service."[citation needed]

You are right that the body would not be totally comsumed into ashes. But, maybe these "people" didn't know that. A partially burned body in a barrel on a metal jon boat might be easier to get rid of. You could take it over to a deserted island and scatter what you could and throw the rest into the swamp to be eaten by turtles or whatever. Sorry to be so graphic here when I was working out of the country a cow was hit by a car and the cow was set on fire and then the remains moved.

After getting to know more about some of the players in this case I'm betting that they would not know that you couldn't just burn a body into ashes.

Sorry, didn't like the part about the turtles. Could any of them do that to this little child and move on with their lives? And I agree with you about these players: they would not know that you could not burn a body (completely) that way. Why are there so many crazies down there??????

I don't believe they burned anything. You can't get a fire hot enough to completely burn a body to ashes. It has been tried and you can't do it.

Misty is a liar.

First she said that someone came and took Haleigh
Then she said her cousin took Haleigh
Then she pointed to Tommy
Then she said the Sheffield's took her because of the back child support
Then she said she thinks Haleigh is alive
Then she said to check where a rose is in the woods
Now she says we wont' find her because she is ashes.

Did I miss anything?

:clap::clap: Exactly! :clap::clap:

I don't believe they burned anything. You can't get a fire hot enough to completely burn a body to ashes. It has been tried and you can't do it.

Misty is a liar.

First she said that someone came and took Haleigh
Then she said her cousin took Haleigh
Then she pointed to Tommy
Then she said the Sheffield's took her because of the back child support
Then she said she thinks Haleigh is alive
Then she said to check where a rose is in the woods
Now she says we wont' find her because she is ashes.

Did I miss anything?

Due to the Feb 9th tapes, I need to add one more.

"God will bring her home. I don't know 100%, I did't get a sign about it or anything. "

So what is Misty saying now? That she is alive? She is dead? She is living with a family someplace? I think LP should save his money.

Not that I buy into the ashes theory, but RC's friends crematorium/funeral home, has been in the news before:

This article about Watts Funeral Home ,mentions them being investigated, back in 2002 for possible illegal dumping in the river of bones/prosthetics.

http://internetbeta.dep.state.fl.us/secretary/news/2002/02_1212.htm

Thank you Capri! The thought of this happening to HaLeigh is very very disturbing. IF, for some reason, this is the case, poor HaLeigh will never be found, that makes me so sad :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back