Discussions about the book - The Murder of Allison Baden-Clay by David Murray

Kiwijane - as you are now famous, can I get your autograph? [emoji4]

I finished the book yesterday. It was great to have everything finally tied together in the one place. The extra insider details provided throughout the book also were really good.
I think David Murray has produced a good factual account.

It'll be interesting to see if EBC or any other BC write and publish a book at some stage. I've read ( probably here ) that Toni McHugh is also writing a book. I would love to know what she has to say but I really don't want to buy the book and give her any of the profit :(

Well I now have downloaded the book from iTunes I'm going to read it while on the bus in the mornings and night till finished.

I have the book from itunes, my first e book. I'm about half way through. I've found it very reasonable and easy to read so far.
Just reading about Dr Flegg hearing noises while on the phone to Sue Heath. It reminds me that I always wondered how they both ended up so "inserted" in this story/crime. GBC asking to borrow $400K from Flegg, the two (Flegg and Heath) talking on the phone on the night of the murder and Flegg hearing screams and then Sue Heath giving a spare iphone to GBC after the murder and Sue being photographed coming out of BC senior home with EBC, maybe after dropping off the phone... Hmmm...
It is very sad reading about the optimism Allison maintained for fixing her marriage right up to the end. Sad and yet I understand and relate.
I also think it's telling that the BC family are not out there now shouting from the rooftops that an innocent man is in jail and a killer is still on the loose. Of course they know/knew he did it and family or not they should be ashamed of the level they stooped to to try to help GBC avoid punishment for his crime.

Hi Bazinga. Flegg had business dealings with GBC and Toni as he had bought and sold property through them in the past plus he had known GBC for a number of years. So GBC would have known the Flegg was in the position to possibly help out financially. Flegg was the one who had told Sue to lend the phone to GBC so she dropped it off hence the photo.

Believe it or not, Sue and Bruce had a reality show made about them buying a New York apartment around that time lol

I have seen the video of the buying the apartment. Lol it's a hoot.

Well I've read upto the legacy chapter. I've really enjoyed reading the book it adds more to all stories. The final part written by Allison about the affair made me upset but you could see her strength and anger coming through. I'd probably would read a book from the pompas Baden clays and the infamous Toni just to figure out how on earth they justify their actions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great read. I think David did a great job. One thing that struck me though was that the reconnection to the charger was accepted by the defence but not really discussed at trial. I'll admit that I don't want to search back through the forums and since I bought the kindle edition, I won't refind it but I thought this and the facetime call had both been discredited? Maybe that's what they wanted us to think...
However, let me try and explain this... I was confused about this because it was one of the pieces of evidence that both sides agreed on, yet in questioning GBC the phone charging was mentioned and GBC denied it. Yes I get that he lied about killing her too, but when one particular piece of evidence is agreed upon, how can he then lie about it in direct questioning?
And I wondered how the BCs friends feel about his cavalier attitude with the money lost. I see the Cheesemans are still facebook friend with Olivia so obviously bigger people than I am. All that evidence and the family still believe he's innocent - that I don't understand. So Jo04 I see what you mean about reading a BC book because there is obviously something that I'm not understanding at all!

Good outcome from the trial this year. GBC was convicted and will spend his Christmas in jail. Justice was delivered in this case IMO.
Happy Christmas to all Ws's who followed this case through trial to outcome. May you enjoy your Christmas holidays relieved that GBC will spend his where he belongs. Best wishes for Christmas. A long awaited, but just result in my opinion.

Highly recommend the book! Allison's voice resonates - the legacy of her justice and her faith in friends, and family! It is definitely a wonderful tribute to a woman who was patient and hardworking and had an uncanny sense of what needed to be done to get a job well done. She was inspirational in her dedication to family and community and her sense of purpose.

WS was instrumental in galvanising her support and I am so glad that I was able to see her spirit soar through the actions of her close family, lawyers, media and quite honestly the hardworking mum and dads of the Brisbane/Australian community who wanted the truth known.

Don't think this is quite what GBC had in mind when he got those 'SETTLED' number plates. Maybe he should have tried SCREWUP!

('I know this much is TRUE '- Spandau Ballet)

Highly recommend the book! Allison's voice resonates - the legacy of her justice and her faith in friends, and family! It is definitely a wonderful tribute to a woman who was patient and hardworking and had an uncanny sense of what needed to be done to get a job well done. She was inspirational in her dedication to family and community and her sense of purpose.

WS was instrumental in galvanising her support and I am so glad that I was able to see her spirit soar through the actions of her close family, lawyers, media and quite honestly the hardworking mum and dads of the Brisbane/Australian community who wanted the truth known.

Don't think this is quite what GBC had in mind when he got those 'SETTLED' number plates. Maybe he should have tried SCREWUP!

('I know this much is TRUE '- Spandau Ballet)

Hi Liadan. I finished the book last week and was very impressed with David Murray's portrayal of Allison and her family. And Websleuths gets a mentioned in particular KiwiJayne and CaseClosed. It was so good to read all about the first few days of the investigation and what everyone thought about GBC and his family. Wasn't just us who thought he was guilty from day one.

Christmas Day today and guess what I got for Christmas. Ok so I bought it, wrapped it and put it under the tree with my name on it. Now off to read it. Sounds good from everyone's comments.
Happy Christmas everyone.

Christmas Day today and guess what I got for Christmas. Ok so I bought it, wrapped it and put it under the tree with my name on it. Now off to read it. Sounds good from everyone's comments.
Happy Christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas Alioop and hope you enjoy the read. I've read it twice and I enjoyed it even more the second time around.

I got the book for Christmas too, my husband knew how obsessed I was..
I had a few tears throughout, almost as often as I ground my teeth over behaviour of the BCs - none more that after her body was found and her mum wanted to hold the girls and he refused! My wish is that one day that family will have the insight to understand why their behaviour disgusts us.
All credit to the Dickies for remaining so dignified in the face of what must have been beyond unbearable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back