Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwaysonmymind

Reaction score
When that wasn't even presented in this retrial. Too bad the jurors didn't know better than to bring that up.

We came so close!!! :gaah:

It was just the 1 holdout. The others knew it was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSR

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the ri
Reaction score
Shouldnt that juror have been questioned when the jurors complained to JSS?

Yes. Absolutely especially if she was bringing in things that wasn't in evidence!!!!!

MsJosie

Reaction score
Yes. I don't blame JSS. She couldn't have done anything different to change the outcome once this juror was empaneled. I blame the stealth juror. Even the jury likes JSS.

There is always room for improvement. JSS could have done things better or different. I know you have been on JSS side all along and that is your opinion. Hopefull she has learns from this but I will not hold my breath. This was a disaster. MOO

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Young an likely liberal in the anti DP movement.

I always thing of the quote; "If under 30 and not a liberal you have no heart. If over 30 and you are a liberal you have no brains"--Churchill
Well, I'm over 30, still Liberal, and am for the DP. Still think I have no brains???

JSR

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the ri
Reaction score
Stealth juror wrote a note to the judge behind the jury's back

Love Never Fails

Reaction score
Wow. The foreman wrote the note to the judge that the one juror would not deliberate. He shared the note with that juror. The juror also wrote an note to the judge, which she wouldn't share. JSS is not a judge!

Nali87

Reaction score
Prosecution should have rejected her from the get go. Sad. Obvious she'd feel sorry for CMJA and would believe the DV claims.

JM only has a couple of votes. Maybe he used them up.

ScarlettScarpetta

When the going gets tough, drink coffee
Reaction score
They asked that juror what would a person have to do to get the DP and she could not answer it.

That is a shame.

TartLemon

Reaction score
No matter what this jury decided, Jodi is CONVICTED G*U*I*L*T*Y.

DEPUTYDAWG

Reaction score
What? The lone holdout, on FB, has likes such as "The Law of Attraction" and Nancy Grace, etc.

The Law of Attraction?

What are the odds???????????? Yeah, that's right.

sammie

Reaction score
They also said they did NOT feel it was fair for her to have additional information from the movie that the rest of them didn't have--was one of the reasons they wanted to have her replaced along with the fact that she wasn't open to deliberating her position and discussing openly.

I get it, I just think if JSS would have removed her, that would have been overturned on appeal, esp since she was the lone holdout. Im trying to look at the positive I guess. Shed never have been convicted. She knows 11 people wanted her to die. SO be it...she's in prison for the rest of her life.

josie1986

Reaction score
they asked holdout what someone would have to do to receive capital punishment answered i don't know

prallypie

Reaction score
Jodi shows no remorse and the letter to the family was low character and low blow.
The jury was open and transparent in their discussions about wanting to replace the one person due to her refusal to deliberate after 2 hours in. The holdout juror also wrote her own letter to the judge and couldn't share any facts behind why she felt the way she did. She would only say "I feel" or "I think" and wouldn't explain why.
The whole movie aspect--and the fact that she told them about it--is just mindblowing!

MaLou

Reaction score
I KNEW IT! She chickened out. When it came down to it, she couldn't vote for the DP. No discussion about it. Wouldn't answer when asked, "Well, WHAT would it take for the DP?". No answer.

RadarLuv

Reaction score
he JUST said it AGAIn.

That's not what they said...they said she was unwilling to change her mind from day one...she didn't talk much..that isn't a valid reason to replace.

marlap

Reaction score
OMG. :eek:

The juror whose mom suddenly died and was released...the press reported she was kicked off.

So unfair!

Status
Not open for further replies.