Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BritsKate

BritsKate Well-Known Member

She's not gonna like that. :biggrin:

2. Jolynna

Jolynna Well-Known Member

Sociopaths, unlike most of us, are very adaptable. Jodi will do well in prison.The serial Canadian killer, Karla Homolko, had a female AND a male (guard) lover fighting over her and showering her with gifts She convinced a therapist and the Canadian legal system to free her and now is out of prison with 3 kids. Susan Smith got a male lover too (guard). That NOTHING Travis said or did could keep Jodi from manipulating her way into his bed, despite him telling others he was afraid of her, shows the how wily and powerful a sociopath with an agenda can be. Jodi has fans already. She will get piles of love letters from lovesick lonely fans. She 'll keep herself busy drawing pictures and writing back to them about being a victim of haters and " loving too much".

I am glad to hear that Jodi's new home is in Arizona without air conditioning and that her cell is small, sparse and might have cockroaches.

My own opinion

3. cinsbythesea

cinsbythesea Well-Known Member

Is there a link to the juror's press conference? I missed it and would really like to see it. Thanks in advance!

4. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

It was a strategy to her- a game. She lied about begging for it. She tries to speak for the Alexanders, like she tried to for Travis, even though she has NO right. Sick, sick, sick!!! At least she won't have a forum to lie about him and publicly trash him anymore. Her supporters will move on to the next lost cause. And Jodi will know that 11 people didn't buy her BS. She was one vote away from getting Death, even the alternates would've voted for it.

5. Hez

Hez Well-Known Member

BBM - I posted earlier that she will become like Diane Downs and Susan Smith. People will very quickly stop caring just because of her horrible personality and how she looks down on people that aren't in a position to do anything for her (heck she looks down on the people that ARE in a position to do anything for her :facepalm:). The donations will dry up and her very small band of supporters will back away after being constantly badgered for money for her appeal lawyer or her commissary account. She will fade away and age even more rapidly in prison than she has in jail. She is a very vain person so that will really bother her. The media won't care about her until she commits a major infraction in prison (most likely fraternization with a guard, because this is CMJA we are talking about), which will be a brief story that will only make it to the very bottom of AZ Republic's news page. In 20 years she just will be another middle-aged first degree killer counting the days away in her cell. The apparent glee we saw from the defense team during their press conference was most likely relief at never having to deal with this pathetic killer again (after the sentencing hearing of course). Although, if I could, I would sentence Nurmi, Willmott and MDLR to a lifetime of being Jodi's defense team, because that punishment almost fits their crimes. Almost. :moo:

:grouphug: For the Alexander family.

6. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

Agree. I think she thought with her brilliant defense she could convince even more than 8 jurors to see her side. But it went totally the other way. 11 people plus three alternates saw her for what she was. Only one person took her side. That is not what she was expecting with the hung jury.

7. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

I don't know how reliable or otherwise but on another site she has been 'outed' as having tweeted during the trial.... Stay tuned.

8. memoriesbymichelle

memoriesbymichelle New Member

So who does THAT fall on?

9. hindsight2020

hindsight2020 Well-Known Member

Tweet. . ."now she'll get a "law" degree and advocate for "abused" women"

^^^Right, at the same ALV and Fonseca ivy league schools. :rolleyes:

10. wvjules

wvjules Member

Then why not sentence her today?

11. Davia18

Davia18 Verified Human

I love Joe, he makes me proud to be from Arizona

12. Luvrosco

Luvrosco New Member

L
    I haven't been watching HLN for about an hour. But Jean Cesares(sp), and a couple other attorneys seem to have serious concerns with the judge. But AZ lawyer said it could have been an appeal issue. I don't know what to think anymore.

13. rose222

rose222 Active Member

I'm going to buy the book 'Slumber Party from Hell' and read it on my Kindle. I'll post/summarize the interesting bits. It might make us feel better about LWOP.

14. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

HLN have been playing it for a couple of hours, with commentary and overwhelmingly angry tweets...

15. Wynegyrl

Wynegyrl New Member

On the bright side...if they came back with Life, they would think they won...As things turned out they know 11 people felt exactly the way everyone here felt. Hopefully the judge will come through and justice will prevail.

16. jane the dood

jane the dood Dance like no one's looking

Hey, Wynegyrl...:Welcome1:

Every new poster deserves a friendly hello!
    :websleuther:

17. SweetT

SweetT Well-Known Member

At least she's locked up for a good long time, unlike Casey Anthony and that disgusting Karla woman from Canada...now that's scary !

18. Hez

Hez Well-Known Member

Here's hoping the cockroach population is strong and plentiful and that they DON'T sell ear plugs in the commissary. Sleep tight killer! :happydance::jail:

19. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Love Sheriff Joe. So in 39 days, will anyone really care anymore what she has to say? And will the Warden at Perryville have the same attitude?

20. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

I was reading that a stealth juror can be charged with contempt, or obstruction of justice, if that is appropriate..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.