Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been around here in a while...but I can't help but comment on this injustice. My only though other than prayer for Travis' family is...this juror will pay for this decision for the rest of her life. I don't believe she will have a moments peace...she and she alone is responsible for letting a cold blooded killer live. The weight of that decision will never go away, just like the loss of Travis will never go away for those who loved him. Rest in Peace Travis, there will come a day when you will have justice. God himself has prepared a table for you in the presence of Jodi. there you will find the ultimate justice.

From Pitts:
William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 31s32 seconds ago

"i felt like ok, she's lying to my face, i can't give credit to any of #JodiArias testimony."

Yes, the Jurors caught her out in lies- they had better memories than the murderer!

Yup as I said before only one juror out of all of them and she managed to get on the actual jury.

Joey Jackson on HLN saying no recourse...our system is ONE WAY ONLY, its to protect the rights of the defendant...this is our system people. IT SUCKS. The defendant (convicted even) has all the rights...that is pure BS. People that are angry...do something about it....our system needs to change.

i am glad they liked Juan. he is beyond amazing at his job and deserves every success he gets.

...And that's a wrap!

And the sad thing is there is no recourse for the state or the family and they wouln't want to go through this again.

OMG I've just listened to the jury. They got it. All of them, but that one. The alternates. They all got it. And that one juror just wouldn't even budge. I'm even more devastated.

I guess we can say 11 jurors did their job. I really hope those involved with "Travis' Law" include some type of charge brought against a juror who lies.

All 12 of them did their job.

I think the jury should have done a better job expressing to the judge that she refused to deliberate.

I think jury instructions should include what to do in such a case. They probably didn't know how to go about it because no one had told them.

Agenda juror didn't say goodbye to them. They really don't care about her.

AZL - can anything be done now regarding this jury ???

Since the jury tainted can there be another trial ?? Is death still an option ??

I was worried there for awhile. But listening to them makes me appreciate that most people called to serve do so in good faith.

Love that they said the *advertiser censored* and defense tactics to make Travis seem like a bad guy were wasted!

In light of all we've heard from the eleven for the DP, does anyone think the holdout will speak publicly? If she is really prideful, we might hear from her after all. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything positive comes from this, it's that it should at least bring comfort to the Alexander family that there is nothing else Juan could have done. It wasn't his fault. He fought the good fight.

They are most concerned about Travis' reputation so I hope it helps them a little bit to know that 11 jurors and the alternates wanted death. The only ones who believe Arias and her absurd stories include her family and a handful of supporters---unfortunately two of them ended up on these juries. *sighs*

It is more painful to listen to these jurors then hearing the actual verdict. So close! But they got it

It's reassuring to me. They saw through the BS....the DT didn't convince them of anything.

The jurors interviews were fascinating, very informative. The alternates again, as last trial would have been for DP. The one holdout was bringing in things, like the lifetime movie, that wasn't in evidence. They wanted her out & reported her bias on Thurs. to the judge!

I didn't remove it. I have alwys lovd the quote. I used to be liberal when I was young. So it applied to me.

It's not personal..
And I used to be Anti-DP when I was young, but I'm 54 and will always be Liberal.

I think the jury should have done a better job expressing to the judge that she refused to deliberate.

Me too. I didn't hear them say that they specifically told her about the Lifetime movie. Sounded more like they just said they wanted consideration of an alternate without giving specific details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p