Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your posts are just as valid as anyone else's posts here and you have the right to post your thoughts/opinions on the CASE. IMO-where you lose people is telling them how to post, when, and why. Continually questioning WHY others follow this case is simply not cool. Again, JMO. Everyone has the right to follow any case they choose to at WS and not have to "answer" to anyone as to their reasonings. You question why people follow this case, yet, here you are. Just because someone follows this case, doesn't mean they have put the killer on a pedestal, nor do they think she is the "boogeyman." If people stuck to their views/thoughts on the killer/case and left out their views on other members here at WS and their personal reasons for following a case, or posting years later, we would all be better off. (I know, totally run on sentences..ha) I'm here to see this case through. I don't care who is here with me at the end, when they post, how long they post, their reasonings for postings, or anything personal about any other member here. The case it about the killer and Travis Alexander, not WS members and how often they post, when they post, well...you get the idea.

Well put. Thanks for channeling my thoughts and expressing them better than I could.

The other reason why I find this case so fascinating was the release of the autopsy photos and countless photos of TA/JA, JA, and even nude JA, which I believe what got her a cult-ish following. If JA wasn't good looking; (which I don't think she is, except I do think she was better as a brunette), none of this would be a circus.
IMO, this is not an average case.

There are many things that make this case different

The multitude of interviews she gave before her trial even started. Yes killer have given an interview or two before, but not at the volume she has and with such obvious enjoyment at being in the spotlight. The ease with which lies roll off her tongue make these interviews interestig as well as the incredibly large amount of narcissism she possesses. Honestly never seen anyone so narcissistic and that's saying something.

She testified. Killers like Jodi don't usually take the stand again, the depth of her lies and the enjoyment she took in tellig them is fascinating.

The damage she was able to inflict on Travis without the benefit of alcohol or drugs is astounding. To imagine the levels of pure rage that was coursing through her...

I think what gets blown out of proportion are reactions to my posts when they do not attack anyone, are not personal, are not emotional, and only discuss issues being discussed by others already about the case or the players in the case. My posts are just as valid as anyone else's. My opinion remains that Arias is nothing special, is not the boogeyman, is as disordered as many others in prison, and free society will be safe from her, which is Juan's goal. I'm at peace she got convicted of first degree murder and I don't think she'll ever be free. The circus that has sprung up around the case is something to behold, you'd have to admit.

It will be great once she's sentenced and taken away where she can begin her slide into obscurity.

BBM ~ You can thank HLN for that. I mean come on, during the first trial, They had Arias 24/7 including 'HLN After Dark'. JMO

funny-quotes-Behavior.jpg

I think what gets blown out of proportion are reactions to my posts when they do not attack anyone, are not personal, are not emotional, and only discuss issues being discussed by others already about the case or the players in the case. My posts are just as valid as anyone else's. My opinion remains that Arias is nothing special, is not the boogeyman, is as disordered as many others in prison, and free society will be safe from her, which is Juan's goal. I'm at peace she got convicted of first degree murder and I don't think she'll ever be free. The circus that has sprung up around the case is something to behold, you'd have to admit.

It will be great once she's sentenced and taken away where she can begin her slide into obscurity.

BBM: I totally disagree, but maybe you can't see it. You do offend by the very nature of your posts. You seem to be comfortable with the premise you are posting. IMO, you are not encouraging discussion, because you've decided Hodi isn't special, and doesn't deserve the attention she's getting here.......yet you come here and post about how CMJA is not special, and we shouldn't care about her, ad nauseam. You don't see why she deserves the attention she gets, yet you continue to post here. That's rich.

I was interested n this case because I truly wanted justice for Travis---I saw Jodi as most lying, skanky, leeching female that I've seen in a very long time..Pure Evil... Bu I stuck I both trials because of Mr Juan Martinez---the most entertaining, smart man I have ever listened to. His mind is a steel trap and he can quickly set traPS FOR HIS WITNESSES AND THAN POUNCE. I have never seen such a nimble legal mind .Please have more trials that i can follow .

Someone in the media (Beth Karas?) was recently asked about that and her response was something to the effect that, "who would buy a book about 'My daughter Jodi—Incorrigible Teenager Turned Remorseless Killer'." Unless mama Arias changes her tune, a la Jeffrey Dahmer's father Lionel, who wrote a heart-wrenching book full of remorse and introspection, I doubt there would be much of a market for a book from her.

ETA: I can only imagine that if she DID write a book, the Amazon reader reviews would make the vitriolic responses LaViolette got seem tame by comparison.

I just don't see mother arias having that much depth or introspection to be able to write anything, but if she's like her daughter, that won't stop her if it means she might make a buck. After watching her police interviews and later seeing her demeanor and lack of decorum during court (especially given the personal gravity of the case - yeeks! Who acts like this?) she'd need professional help to write it. Yes, I'm being catty, but it's in my opinion.

Holymoly, you're right about the reviews that book would get. Brutal, for sure. It would sell a few copies, though. To the dozen or so supporters.

Today is the day. Gosh, how long I've waited to say that. Finally, justice will be served.
I have to work so will miss seeing it live. Besides live streaming is anyone covering the sentencing on TV so I can set the DVR? HLN perhaps? TIA

Hey judge me all you want for following this case to the end. DON'T CARE lol I have always been interested in the "anatomy of a murder". This case interested me because 1. The killer was a woman 2. The viscous manner of the killing 3. The attention seeking interviews by the murderer 4. The complete lack of remorse 5. The deliberate character assassination of the victim by the killer.

I also admit that I have son's, it terrifies me that some psychopath could manipulate/hurt them. I want to RECOGNIZE such behavior, in anyone, let alone some woman that wants to hurt one of my children. I follow other cases but this one is different. The evidence of evil, the deliberate planning, the manipulation, it is just mind boggling. Yeah, judge me, again DON'T CARE. I just want the heartless killer to get her comeuppance, a verbal smack down by JSS would be fantastic but I won't hold my breath for that!

I enjoy Madelines posts but I disagree with your opinion of Jodi. I do find her interesting and I am interested in her reactions. I'm also interested in how she will adjust to prison. I find it fascinating that she makes up stories and just expects people to accept them as facts. She also gives me some entertainment with all her babbling on social media and her previous babbles to the press.
I also don't forget she took someones life and he deserves justice.

Tomorrow is the day!!! Let's focus on Travis and his killer finally being sentenced! May the Alexander family finally have some peace and be able to grieve the horrific murder of their brother.

Justice For Travis!

Hey judge me all you want for following this case to the end. DON'T CARE lol I have always been interested in the "anatomy of a murder". This case interested me because 1. The killer was a woman 2. The viscous manner of the killing 3. The attention seeking interviews by the murderer 4. The complete lack of remorse 5. The deliberate character assassination of the victim by the killer.

I also admit that I have son's, it terrifies me that some psychopath could manipulate/hurt them. I want to RECOGNIZE such behavior, in anyone, let alone some woman that wants to hurt one of my children. I follow other cases but this one is different. The evidence of evil, the deliberate planning, the manipulation, it is just mind boggling. Yeah, judge me, again DON'T CARE. I just want the heartless killer to get her comeuppance, a verbal smack down by JSS would be fantastic but I won't hold my breath for that!

BBM ~ Thank you! This is what I want. I want her to sentence her to LWOP and her reasons for it, and JAs reaction, if she will even have one because she knew all along she will die in prison.

Today is the day. Gosh, how long I've waited to say that. Finally, justice will be served.
I have to work so will miss seeing it live. Besides live streaming is anyone covering the sentencing on TV so I can set the DVR? HLN perhaps? TIA

I read that HLN will be covering it. Might want to set your DVR. I'm sure it will be available on all the Arizona new sites later on. Can you sneak a peak at work? They have them listed in the sidebar thread. :heart:

Monica being Monica, says: Judge Stephens will call the matter at about 8:30 a.m. and the entire thing will start with a sizzlebar (which is what I have been affectionately calling the many sidebars with the white noise).

BBM

That's completely disingenuous. My clear recollection is that it was the one-and-only hWild from Wild About Trial who coined the phrase "sizzlebar" way back in 2013.

It's a small thing, but she should have given him credit for it. For her to give the impression that she came up with that term is dishonest and adds to the impression that she lacks credibility.

hWild is awesome and he is the reason I stayed glued to the first ja trial. WAT a funny guy! The knooter, Salmon, Chickenwing....

Tomorrow at brunch or lunch, dessert will be a round of strawberry coladas, on the house.
Thanks for all the great posts and amazing research.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Lambie for your patience and perseverance! This forum was amazing, and will continue to be amazing in the aftermath of the sentencing and resulting investigations, because of you. Although your presence may have been invisible a lot of the time, it was always felt through the tone and tenor of the discussions.
http://fabtasticeats.com/2013/03/08/strawberry-colada/

strawberry coladas.jpg

BBM ~ Thank you! This is what I want. I want her to sentence her to LWOP and her reasons for it, and JAs reaction, if she will even have one because she knew all along she will die in prison.

Funniest thing is that I believe CMJA thinks she will walk free, that on appeal she will win lol JSS pretty much bent over backwards (and made some really bad decisions) to prevent such a situation. CMJA has seemed to always be overconfident, CMJA became so accustomed to getting her "way" that at this point I think CMJA herself is so deluded that she wants to believe her own lies, and thinks others will buy her BS. CMJA has her "supporters" who seem to buy into her delusions, therefore CMJA thinks that there must be MORE supporters there. CMJA is dangerous, if she doesn't get into trouble in prison I will be surprised.

Tomorrow at brunch or lunch, dessert will be a round of strawberry coladas, on the house.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Lambie for your patience and perseverance! This forum was amazing, and will continue to be amazing in the aftermath of the sentencing and resulting investigations, because of you. Although your presence may have been invisible a lot of the time, it was always felt through the tone and tenor of the discussions.

View attachment 72996
Oh that looks delicious. I will only have an option of beer or maybe a whiskey sour WHEN/IF the killer gets LWOP. I would prefer a strawberry colada!

A

View attachment 72996

I read "terror" at first. :laughing: Cheers.

I honestly thought I would die of old age or get senile before CMJA was ever sentenced. FINALLY we are at the day of sentencing, I hope. It will be extremely disappointing to me if this sentencing hearing carries over into another day.

Once CMJA is sentenced, she will be remanded into the custody of the Arizona Department of Corrections. It's a given that she could be out on the 'next thing smokin' to Perryville. There is no reason she should not be packed and ready to go.

I am interested in seeing her new mug shot at Perryville. Doubt she will be smiling in that one. She is so not going to like stripping down naked in front of the other inmates shipped into Perryville at the same time. She won't like the stooping and coughing to ensure she doesn't have anything secreted away. She will be sprayed head to toe for lice after her shower. No exceptions. There will be no opportunity to ask for a better fitting orange outfit, lol, or better fitting orange rubber shower shoes. She won't like having to be examined by the nurses and asked medical questions. No matter how tired or emotional CMJA may be, she WILL go through the intake processes. Reality just might hit her at that time, IMO.

I hope CMJA is absolutely beyond miserable every second for the rest of her time on this earth. Actually, I think she should be just as dead as Travis.

GB Travis' sisters and brothers, as well as the genuine friends who did love him for just being Travis.

:seeya:

When The Alexanders do get up to speak, I hope they turn around and speak directly to Jodi. Make her squirm and listen. It won't phase her a bit but I hope it helps The Alexanders get out every last bit of everything they need to say to her. I just hope when this is finally done tomorrow, they can find some sense of peace. The woman who has taunted them and make their lives living hell will be finally where she belongs. Bless this family and bless Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07