Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Gold:
Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 2m2 minutes ago

Wasn't only Nurmi who could not get away fast enough.

Sherrif Joe follows suit getting #JodiArias already in Perryville ahead of schedule

:seeya: Speaking of Sheriff Joe, still waiting on his Manifesto regarding JA !

Amazing how the killer listed this long list of family members who would be devastated if she were given LWOP. Yet NONE OF THEM bothered to testify in any of her trials.

Nor show up in court to support her beyond her mom. I thought the same thing- why bother to list them? They won't be visiting her. If I were them I'd change my last name. It's like having Hitler or Bin Laden for a last name...

I gotta hand it to Nurmi.. yes, I think he is smarmy but I think he has wanted to get as far from JA as possible for years.

Might be ready move on after all these years. On today's agenda: He probably had a medium rare steak and a nice bottle of wine waiting.

Nor show up in court to support her beyond her mom. I thought the same thing- why bother to list them? They won't be visiting her. If I were them I'd change my last name. It's like having Hitler or Bin Laden for a last name...

They apparently each wrote the judge a letter since they couldn't attend court in person (their claim is financial burden as to the reason why).

I'm just grateful I had to go and pick my daughter up and missed the spawn of the devil and her mother.

Love reading all your comments though ...

Same for me... Thank you all for your comments!
One question: Did they show pics of her transfer to PV?

Your love is conditional? I would hope only the support part is conditional (i.e. "I'll always love and care about you, but I will not support your actions or help you if you commit premeditated murder")
Nope! I don't believe in unconditional love. That's what enabled Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias to behave as they did. As I said, my love is conditional. One needs to take responsibility for their actions.

I'm in the shot came last camp too. She was already very comfortable with knives (not one but TWO tire slashing incidents, as well as working in restaurants for most of her life), so she would have stuck with what she knew. After she stabbed him and slit his throat, he was still exhibiting some signs of life, so she used the gun. The minimal amount of blood in the wound track in the brain was due to him bleeding out through the stab and neck wounds prior to being shot. :moo:

That's what I have always thought too. I think she shot him to shut him up because his body was still making gurgling noises.

They apparently each wrote the judge a letter since they couldn't attend court in person (their claim is financial burden as to the reason why).

Yeah right! Just like her mystery witnesses. Why wasn't her father or siblings there then??? Not even on the most important day -today. Her sentencing.

Reporter on fox 10 you tube just said the murderer has arrived at Perryville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the sentencing hearing. Hearing his sweet sisters broke my heart. My head hurts from crying. I hope his family can finally attempt to find peace. I hope Jodi has a terrible time in prison. She may make friends, but look at her personality. She WILL pizz someone off. It's only a matter of time before her true colors show.

She never has had any friends, why start now? I think the reason she has been able to maintain her followers is that they can really be with her that much. Anyone who spends any amount of time with her gets creeped out. Soooooooo, it shouldn't take long for poor Jodi to be ostracized as usual.

I know this is not really over. I know that this will not bring peace to the Alexanders who were again attacked in open court.

I just hope somehow they can breathe knowing that she is not going to be playing in jail, she will be in prison forever.

Nope! I don't believe in unconditional love. That's what enabled Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias to behave as they did. As I said, my love is conditional. One needs to take responsibility for their actions.

Ok.

Conditional implies that someone has to do something to earn love. I've always thought a parents' love for their child exists just because the child exists (and isn't tied to what the child has or has not done either positive or negative, or who they might be or become), but support is something else, and becomes the responsibility of the child to comply to continue earning that support. But that's how I define it.

KINSEY SCHOFIELD retweeted

@kinseyschofield She's there Kinsey!!! #JodiArias

CCgAClqVEAAYMBF.jpg

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

:fireworks2::fireworks2::fireworks2::fireworks2:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

:fireworks2::fireworks2::fireworks2::fireworks2::fireworks2:

For some reason, all of that came across to me as them setting up for the restitution case....Jodi and family are indigent type of thing.... It was more important for them to be in at the other trials, but her ACTUAL SENTENCING wasn't important enough for a trip? I don't buy it....

Ok.

Conditional implies that someone has to do something to earn love. I've always thought a parents' love for their child exists just because the child exists (and isn't tied to what the child has or has not done either positive or negative, or who they might be or become), but support is something else, and becomes the responsibility of the child to comply to continue earning that support. But that's how I define it.

Me too. My love for my daughter is unconditional. I could never stop loving her no matter what she did or didn't do. But I wouldn't support her if she murdered someone and certainly wouldn't lie for her.

EXactly. You can still love your child while at the same time being grounded in reality and accepting the truth. Actually this is a trend I have seen in many friends and even relatives - they totally sugercoat their children and make them appear as saints in their minds. Everything is always the other kid's fault - they never think their own child might have done that so-and-so not-so-nice thing, as kids sometimes do. I am very, very disappointed in what I heard today from CMJA's mom. (as I said before, I was expecting it from CMJA so not surprised there). She is delusional and I already knew that. But I thought the mom would be a "normal" person. Apparently not. Now I see where CMJA learned to lie, and probably got many of her problems from - from seeing her mother lie and live in her delusional world.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 1m1 minute ago
That was quick. #JodiArias has arrived at Perryville.

Ha, ha...that must be pissing her off!!

I am way behind as I had to go out for a while. Not sure if this was brought up....during JSS's agrivating vs mitigating comments, she never even mentions the murderess's "mental illness"

That cracked me up when I realized. JSS basically called BS on everything except the few that are indeed fact ie: her age, and no criminal record.

I still can not get over Sandy's comments. Shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74