Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor have any of the other 'family members' involved in those gruesome & cruel murders (truly what most consider among the 'worst of the worst.').

-----

On a general note (not to LinasK): I thought the AriasAnxietyPalooza would have played itself out by now. But no? First, fears abounded that JSS would acquiesce and give Jodi whatever she wanted (aka LWP). Some had JSS releasing Jodi back into the free world as part of the fantasy fear. That didn't happen and was never going to happen. Now fears blossom that Jodi could win an appeal? On what possible basis? What judicial errors were made that would form such reversible error?

Although no legal scholar here, I haven't seen any reversible errors committed during the trials, I'm sure going over every single thing with a fine toothed comb may yield a question here or there, but I'll be surprised if her appeal is even heard.

As far as the lynch-mob MSM that so called affected her trial, I call BS. She was part of her circus. She was the sideshow attraction.

Her DT brought in false evidence and she lied under oath. IMO, no appeals. Plus, she will be liquidated of her Estrella assets and "JodiBracelets", so no more money for future appeals.
BBM - She created the circus. Notice how quiet it got after the Sheriff shut down the video chats and banned visitors except her legal team. Now that she's in prison, it will remain that way. As the Sheriff revealed, most of her circus monkeys are convicted criminals who won't pass the background checks required to be on the visitor list on Perryville, so no more holding court with her fan club. This circus has finally left town. :moo:

BBM - She created the circus. Notice how quiet it got after the Sheriff shut down the video chats and banned visitors except her legal team. Now that she's in prison, it will remain that way. As the Sheriff revealed, most of her circus monkeys are convicted criminals who won't pass the background checks required to be on the visitor list on Perryville, so no more holding court with her fan club. This circus has finally left town. :moo:

I always wondered why he didnt put an end to all of that sooner. What changed? Did he secretly hope shed get the DP and when she didn't he decided to shut her down? Just wondering.

I hope Angela and Company taunt the heck out of her during her "recreation time"...and especially if she (when she's allowed) joins a Domestic Violence group and puts on her sad face and sniffs her way through the meetings.

Spent all day yesterday sleeping off horrible allergies. Finally sat down to watch the coverage.
My comments to just some of the things spoken yesterday.
No they did not call him a straight up pedophile but they hinted around it like no other. You do not need to say those words to make it know that was where they were going. Chances are had they used that term they would have had to show way more proof.
Sandy says that JA would help those being bullied well of course she would those would be the ones so beaten that she can manipulate them into her little puppets. It was not b/c she had a heart it was b/c she wanted people she knew she could push around.
I do wish they could have pushed more of her buttons so that she would have spoke more about the things she remembers.

This was probably covered 24 hours ago at WS, but what is the restitution hearing about? Do they put JA on the hook for paying certain state costs? Does that include anything the state gives to the family of the victim (if they do give anything to them)?

I'm wondering whether if the state makes sure they will get any money JA might come into that eliminates the need for the family to file a civil case since they'll never see a dime anyway. Why give her a chance to come back into a courtroom?

BBM ~ She already waived her right to not appear.

I hope Angela and Company taunt the heck out of her during her "recreation time"...and especially if she (when she's allowed) joins a Domestic Violence group and puts on her sad face and sniffs her way through the meetings.

Will she be allowed to join a dv group as a violent offender doing Natural life? They try to keep the women who are the prey away from the hunters. Also her serving natural life will hopefully keep her away from programs. Since funds are limited, space is at a critical there are years long waiting lists since many who are getting out must complete so many hours of groups as a Condition of their parole they get the first bite

Spent all day yesterday sleeping off horrible allergies. Finally sat down to watch the coverage.
My comments to just some of the things spoken yesterday.
No they did not call him a straight up pedophile but they hinted around it like no other. You do not need to say those words to make it know that was where they were going. Chances are had they used that term they would have had to show way more proof.
Sandy says that JA would help those being bullied well of course she would those would be the ones so beaten that she can manipulate them into her little puppets. It was not b/c she had a heart it was b/c she wanted people she knew she could push around.
I do wish they could have pushed more of her buttons so that she would have spoke more about the things she remembers.

this!! That's like me saying my husband loves women, looks at pictures of women and has a weakness for women and then saying BUT I NEVER SAID HE WAS STRAIGHT! Girl.. Have several seats.

I always wondered why he didnt put an end to all of that sooner. What changed? Did he secretly hope shed get the DP and when she didn't he decided to shut her down? Just wondering.

(Your post is about Sheriff Joe)... My HOPE has always been that Sheriff Joe felt making Phoenix a gawdy and seedy tourist attraction for its murder trials was offsetting some of the costs of the lovely jail soy-slop meals in their County Cross-Bar Motel :waitasec:

If you look at still-shot of when CMJA glares at the baby, you can see Wilmott also glaring back with the same look on her face. Come on, I know she's your client and all, but you gotta be better than her!

You will also notice that JSS never looked toward the baby--she never took her eyes off JA. I think she was masking a look of disdain when both JA and JW were talking to her. I've never seen her so stoned-faced and intimidating.

Does anyone know how long it took her to kill Travis....from beginning till he died and not counting the time she tried to clean up?

BBM ~ She already waived her right to not appear.
That was on the June 1st restitution hearing. I was surprised that she waived her right to appear, even if it's just a formality. (I don't know what it consists of.)

What I meant is that if this restitution business ensures someone is watching her money to grab it for AZ when the chance arises, then why should the Alexander family file a wrongful death civil suit and look for a damage award? They'll never see a penny anyway most likely, and that situation it seems WOULD enable her to show her face.

So as long as the Alexanders know JA's finances will be under scrutiny forever, why waste time with a civil suit?

She & her team sure tried, but IMO they failed. There was no evidence to prove their allegations, absolutely none. And no one who is sane believes anything she said about Travis. Travis' reputation as a good and caring man remains intact. The world got to know him through his family & friends and nothing Arias did or said could change who he was and how he will be remembered.

Her DT did their best with the fantasy IMO she forced them to present. More than a vigorous defense in fact their efforts bordered on professional suicide. When I wasn't infuriated by them I often felt sorry for them especially when JW would have to glance at CMJA to get the signal that the questions met the murderer's approval. Sickening.
In her statement yesterday the spawn stated she didn't lie on the stand conveniently forgetting the gas can debacle and every other lie that was exposed by JM. Her true nature was further exposed by referring to "Juan and Flores" two men who had always addressed her with a respect that she didn't deserve. She couldn't conduct herself in a civil manner because she has no compass for appropriate behavior. Travis was not a saint but he will forever be a martyr who was sacrificed for taking on a hopeless cause that is CMJA. JMTs

I think his hands were tied legally while the DP was on the table. I think if he would have limited her visits to strictly legal counsel (even though she was constantly violating the jail rules), the defense would have cried that their poor DP defendant's constitutional rights were being violated. The defense even included the fact that the killer's cell got tossed in one of their motions for prosecutorial misconduct. Remember when MDLR got caught smuggling the pinwheel drawing out of the jail and she got banned? Well, the ban lasted a week and was lifted because the defense team said that it was preventing their client from receiving 'proper mitigation' for the death penalty. Once the DP was off the table, she was fair game. He gave her enough rope to hang herself because he knew she wasn't just violating the rules with those video chats, but she was lighting the rules on fire and tap dancing on the ashes. I think when she started corrupting minors to circumvent the rules, that is when he finally stepped in. :moo: Either way, I'm glad he finally put an end to her shenanigans.

I thought Dr. Horn medically explained why the gunshot came last. Travis wouldn't have been able to put up such a fight if the gunshot came first. Plus, even the way he bled out is proof the gunshot was last. He barely bled from the head/sinus which indicates he was already dead when she shot him. The lying soulless pile of trash monster is fighting for the sequence of events because she knows the stabbings coming first only makes it clear that she murdered him and he didn't realize what was coming before it was too late.

Initially I was pissed that Arias got the last word after the family. That really bothered me. I wish one of the family members or friends would have stood up and told that evil psychopath to shut her ugly mouth. That said, she was so determined to get in the last word, she screwed up and admitted her guilt... THAT part is delicious. She admitted she was not in that ridiculous fog and remembers slitting his throat and he was alive. She didn't have a chance to intellectually think about what she was saying because her determination was to attempt to verbally torture the family one last time. But she lost, she lost big time, given what she said. I bet it's killing her inside now knowing she screwed up and finally admitted to the world that she murdered him and was aware of it the entire time. That is justice in itself.

My favorite thing from yesterday: Tanisha said, "I've continually been harassed by a small group of people that, in my mind, are just as evil as the one who has done this."

I bet this went all over CMJA because she loves to think she has hordes of supporters.
* Let's remember her smiling on the video chat photo with her stack of postcards ... just, so proud.
* Let's remember her statement in chambers where she tells the judge that although she has tons of supporters, she is too scared to testify because of those who don't like her.
* Let's remember her letter that shamed her *****-listed friends. She felt like she had plenty of supporters and could throw them away since they didn't perfectly do her bidding.

There are certain things that we all know, and Juan knows, that are super-triggers for her anger. I love that she showed her petty anger so many times yesterday. That's the Jodi we know. No remorse even at the bitter end, just blaming, point/counter-point.

Yesterday she thought she was an attorney giving a closing statement and that she was still fighting to meet some end. I really think, after everything that has happened (including the murder), her statement yesterday will be her biggest regret. She has no one to blame and she really showed her a@@.

My feelings on whether or not she'll fit in/make the best of her prison sentence ... I remember a TV interview early on where she said that Life in Prison would be the worst thing for her because she loves to travel. She's living in a box. No more road trips, no more sight-seeing spots, no more backpacks. Misery.

Her DT did their best with the fantasy IMO she forced them to present. More than a vigorous defense in fact their efforts bordered on professional suicide. When I wasn't infuriated by them I often felt sorry for them especially when JW would have to glance at CMJA to get the signal that the questions met the murderer's approval. Sickening.
In her statement yesterday the spawn stated she didn't lie on the stand conveniently forgetting the gas can debacle and every other lie that was exposed by JM. Her true nature was further exposed by referring to "Juan and Flores" two men who had always addressed her with a respect that she didn't deserve. She couldn't conduct herself in a civil manner because she has no compass for appropriate behavior. Travis was not a saint but he will forever be a martyr who was sacrificed for taking on a hopeless cause that is CMJA. JMTs

What do you mean her fantasy defense? How can you not believe that Travis wasn't posing for provocative, unsmiling pictures in the shower before doing his "linebacker lunge" at her after dropping his camera? And that she popped right up after being body-slammed by this angry hulk onto the tile floor, able to dart away from him while fearing for her life? And that instead of running out of the house where surely he wouldn't chase her while naked, she luckily recalled that he had a gun in an invisible holster on a closet shelf with no bullets nearby? And that she was able to climb up and reach the gun without disturbing anything on any of the shelves? And that she used it to shoot him in the head, after which he continued to chase her? And that, again instead of running out of the house, she grabbed the knife they were using to cut the invisible ropes in the bedroom and stabbed him repeatedly with it (mostly in the back) until he quit trying to kill her?

You must be a real hater not to see that her story was 100% believable. :crazy: :crazy:

Sandy is trying to write a book, no doubt. Now that the Ariases are free from their debts (via bankruptcy), they can collect everything from interviews and book deals. I would take anything she says as book promotion and interview seeking. She's going to bear Jodi's banner and make sure this never ends........ Guess she and Jodi both will soon find out.....

I can't imagine that Sandy Arias can write a book about anything that anyone would be interested in. We already know more about the butchering murderer than we really ever wanted to know, and I'm not interested in seeing anymore pictures of it as a child, doesn't do anything for me since she grew up to be one of the the worst people in the world. I remember what 117 degree weather is like in Tucson and from what I remember it was often more like 120 degrees in Phoenix. Those temperatures are just what I'm wanting for this horrible excuse of a not-so-human being.

I can't imagine that Sandy Arias can write a book about anything that anyone would be interested in. We already know more about the butchering murderer than we really ever wanted to know, and I'm not interested in seeing anymore pictures of it as a child, doesn't do anything for me since she grew up to be one of the the worst people in the world. I remember what 117 degree weather is like in Tucson and from what I remember it was often more like 120 degrees in Phoenix. Those temperatures are just what I'm wanting for this horrible excuse of a not-so-human being.

Sandy sounded so nervous post sentencing. I honestly think her family will keep in touch via phone and occasional visits but that's about it. Sandy has other children and grandchildren now. Who needs Jodi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam