Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
371384.jpg

Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'.

Watching Juan's interview with Troy, he just answered one of my biggest questions. How did he get this case? Turns out it was kinda random, since he was on call the day before, but they mistakenly called HIM the next day.

I posted a few days ago about how Jodi lyingly stated that Travis said that if she married him he would have won the wife lottery. Now, here it is in Juan Martinez' own words: the Alexander family won the prosecutor lottery and got Juan. Something cosmic about that...

I really enjoyed Troy's interview with Juan. Juan was so circumspect and professional. It was actually refreshing in this era of everyone sharing every tiny thought and feeling on social media-- rare, actually.

It was clear to me that he was very much in his role of prosecutor during the interview, though. And I feel it is best that he made that choice, as IMO a prosecutor should not be bringing a bunch of personal emotions to a trial. So I feel this interview reinforces how seriously he takes his job as one. And it was nice to watch someone who played such a prominent role in this whole case be so modest about it. Again, just very refreshing to me.

Did anyone catch in CMJA statement, right before she said she remembered the knife going in, when she said something like "I could have testified to this." What did she mean by that? Personally I think she was trying to reconcile fact that she testified to not remembering any stabbing with her desire on that day to dig into the family and tell them they were wrong and Travis was conscious. But I'm wondering what others' ideas are.

I took it to mean that she would have testified to that in the 2014 penalty retrial, had she been "allowed" to continue her testimony. Perhaps she was ready to throw in more details about being attacked in the 2014 penalty retrial, I guess in an effort to make the self defense scenario more believable to the jury. Combined with JW's statements about CMJA remembering more details of the murder now, I think maybe they were headed that way before CMJA refused to continue her testimony.

Watching Juan's interview with Troy, he just answered one of my biggest questions. How did he get this case? Turns out it was kinda random, since he was on call the day before, but they mistakenly called HIM the next day. .

I found that very interesting as well... and it showed how easy it would have been for this case to go to someone else. I don't know who any of the other prosecutors are, so I can't speculate on what effect that would have had. But had Juan simply said "I'm not on call today" we would have watched someone else prosecute this case.

I took it to mean that she would have testified to that in the 2014 penalty retrial, had she been "allowed" to continue her testimony. Perhaps she was ready to throw in more details about being attacked in the 2014 penalty retrial, I guess in an effort to make the self defense scenario more believable to the jury. Combined with JW's statements about CMJA remembering more details of the murder now, I think maybe they were headed that way before CMJA refused to continue her testimony.

Allowed to testify "in secret" shh... it's the judge's fault for not allowing secret testimony. It's always someone else's fault.
*Sarcasm, of course, on my part.

MK never fails to disappoint. He is such a crappy reporter. Asking JW if they disclosed juror's names, she's all 'NO absolutely not! J17 saved Jodi's life. We would never do that' and he just ended it there, letting her skate right by the other 11 jurors names being on JAII. :facepalm:

It is my opinion that the 11 jurors' names were leaked by CMJA via her groupies who also handled her twitter account and web presence. If the DT had the list, it would be foolish for anyone to think that JA was not capable of scamming a peek if not a full-on copy of the sheet. She could have even manipulated it out of one of her team. Didn't she hack into TA's accounts? Look at his cell phone? Get 9 HOURS of video calls in the jail? You think finding out the juror names is more than child's play to her?

Did anyone catch in CMJA statement, right before she said she remembered the knife going in, when she said something like "I could have testified to this." What did she mean by that? Personally I think she was trying to reconcile fact that she testified to not remembering any stabbing with her desire on that day to dig into the family and tell them they were wrong and Travis was conscious. But I'm wondering what others' ideas are.

Yeah. At first she said, "As I testified in the 2014 trial," and then she corrected (something to the effect), "or I would have testified to in the (Oct) 2014 trial," which meant the secret testimony. Once it was ruled that she couldn't testify in secret any longer, she refused to testify further. So, who is to know what she would or would not have said? Only her, and she is a lying liar who lies.

I found that very interesting as well... and it showed how easy it would have been for this case to go to someone else. I don't know who any of the other prosecutors are, so I can't speculate on what effect that would have had. But had Juan simply said "I'm not on call today" we would have watched someone else prosecute this case.

Yes, I was just about to comment on this too! I thought they would put the "best" or more experienced prosecutor on the tougher cases. This was a tough case. I cannot imagine any lesser-experienced prosecutor taking on this case. That is a very strange policy, IMO.

I don't think Juan is used to being interviewed and also he didn't want to say the wrong thing. But I still thought the interview was great!

Ah, I see. Very interesting. I am so glad she's locked away forever.

Yeah. At first she said, "As I testified in the 2014 trial," and then she corrected (something to the effect), "or I would have testified to in the (Oct) 2014 trial," which meant the secret testimony. Once it was ruled that she couldn't testify in secret any longer, she refused to testify further. So, who is to know what she would or would not have said? Only her, and she is a lying liar who lies.

I had asked a similar question last night...

That b$@ch! Thanks to your comment, I know see it differently as to why she worded it that way! Is she going to torment everyone with the thought that if she had been allowed to testify in secret, she would have revealed the "truth"? Is she suggesting she now remembers everything that happened and wanted to "confess" in secret testimony, probably with the intention of changing her story?

Agree. Especially in AZ where it is not likely she would ever be put to death.

It would be different in a state like Texas where they actually do use the DP sentence but with the way AZ seldom actually carries out the sentence for female inmates, the LWOP sentence is fine for her. She can now go away and hopefully we wont hear much about her anymore.

At least she wont get the people that support high profile Death Row criminals. Thats prolly the best advantage to getting the LWOP. Less chance of appeals I think as well.

We still haven't put down Darlie Routier yet, and it's been too long. She's not looking to good either. Same little girl voice like Jodi on the sex phone call. Everyone else wrong and lying. Poor little lamb. She sounds and looks like Mama Dugger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq4wtagH7-w&feature=player_detailpage

On the subject of money - wouldn't you think that #281129's enormous extended family could have chipped in $10 each to pay for just one of her clan to attend her sentencing? Very hinky to me that Aunt Sue wasn't there. Gosh, do you think she absconded with the Appellant Fund???

Oh, yeah I forgot Miss Sandy saying to the crowd outside, I come from a big family and so does my husband, I wanted Jodi to have a family BLAH BLAH BLAH. Yeah, Travis' family wanted HIM to have a family and kids, too, and your daughter took that away from him and from them.

HOLY CHIHUAHUA!!!!! I wasn't expecting that! Wowowowow. And talk about ugly & scary. Colour me taken aback!

My day is complete.

Yes, she looks very creepy and hardened. Her eyes are soulless and empty. She really does have very creepy eyes. TBH I don't think it's even fair to make any other inmate be a roomate with her (eventually). And that's saying a lot.

It was short. Willmott said Jodi began remembering parts of the killing after testifying.
Said defense team did not reveal juror 17 name because "she saved Jodi's life".
Said defense team received threats as did her family and children.

Whatever, I'm sure Juan and his team received threats from her crazed supporters too. And remember that nutso supporter who was going to go after Nancy Grace with a car-full of weapons? Tanishia, or maybe Samantha, stated that JSS has received threats too, or at least alluded to it IIRC. So it goes both ways, the defense team constantly complaining about it to receive media attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288