Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

Please continue your discussions here.

Please remember to provide links to any attachments, reports, thumbnails photos you post. There will be no discussions on race in this thread.

Also remember it is okay to criticize DT, judge, etc. but do not bash them or your post will be removed.

2. Loading...

3. NashBridges2

NashBridges2 New Member

4. steelman

steelman Former Member

In hindsight, it was sort of remarkable the complete lack of emotions shown by the defense team when the non-verdict was announced. Could that be because they already knew what the outcome was going to be ??

Had "their" juror managed to pull it off ?

This needs to be investigated further, and not by JSS either.

This lone juror was either there by her own choice, or she was hired to be there. She wouldn't participate, she wouldn't deliberate, and she had an obvious agenda......disrupt the process.

5. smeck

smeck Active Member

This posted on Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support FB page
    Interesting to say the least. Why back in October 2014, did Judge Stephens want to speak in chambers to Holdout Juror 17? ??? This according to Beth Karas October 2014 post.
    Beth Karas

Jury is sent home until Monday morning. The judge asks juror #17 to stay behind. Nurmi waives Arias's presence for whatever they are doing in chambers. Attorneys meet with judge in chambers now. Arias follows them in--I guess her presence is not waived.

6. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

No she wasn't. She is convicted and will never ever be out of prison. Where she is living now is a breeze compared to where she will end up.

JA is never right. EVER.

7. hindsight2020

hindsight2020 New Member

Bringing this over from last thread. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark, :sigh:

8. smeck

smeck Active Member

Oh I don't agree...she was convicted at first trial!

9. ScarlettScarpetta

It is funny but today listening to the jurors there were things about this case that I just forgot. They reminded me of stuff but I think that what was so remarkable is that they got her. They knew that she is not remorseful that she feels nothing for anyone but herself. That she is just a hideous life force.

That said I hope I am never in this position. Must be so hard to know what is right and then have someone ignore the rules and just refuse to participate.

10. AZWatcher

AZWatcher New Member

Silver lining time, peeps!
    It's over. No appeals, no fancy death row representation, no anti-death groups screeching about sparing her, no last minute stays. Now, she rots in jail.

11. steelman

steelman Former Member

Even the news media has stopped just shy of calling this a "rigged jury". For now anyway.

12. MissHaley

MissHaley New Member

13. SweetT

SweetT Active Member

Can someone give me a link to the texts of Jodi and Travis? I keep seeing them being referred to but am not able to read them myself. TIa

14. ScarlettScarpetta

I hope the Alexanders are all huddled together somewhere and just knowing that this jury knew Travis and did not accept the lies and crap that the DT threw at them. I hope somehow that gives them comfort.

15. gloomy

gloomy Member

16. ScarlettScarpetta

It does feel that way doesn't it? I am curious about the reports that the judge met with this juror before.

17. sammie

sammie New Member

Nurmi was getting close to $300/ hour because he whined when he got assigned the case that he was planning on going into private practice. The vast majority of the $ 3 million cost of her defense is attorneys fees.

18. bonjoviblonde

bonjoviblonde Member

I really want to know what this is about. This happened back in October. Very odd that it's THAT juror.

19. Myvice

Myvice Active Member

Thanks for the link. I'd only watched the jury interview but this was just heart wrenching. I didn't think I could have more respect for this man but he is truly a super hero.

20. josie1986

josie1986 Verified Juanette

21. smeck

smeck Active Member

I am wondering if there ever has been an incident of juror misconduct that was found after a verdict and if so what would happen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.