Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SevenSeas

SevenSeas Active Member

I just heard that! WOW, I'd hate to be her, but on the other hand, she made her bed early on and she needs to OWN it now!

:(

2. little ole me

little ole me New Member

not so, They told JSS that the hold out was bias because of watching the Dirty little secret movie and watching the news. That is what the request for the alternate Juror was about, they only requested a replacement not for juror #2 just a replacement. the Judge could have done so as the judge in scott peterson trial did but no JSS made sure Jodi got Death off the table that was her goal from the beginning, event the jurors were angry that TA was put on trial.

3. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC Well-Known Member

If this is true, this is beyond the cusp.

:thud:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what I feel and what I'm ready to accept is up to me to decide. I find it sad and disgusting that the names of the 11 jurors were listed by the fans of JA....and, yes, I can see why Nurmi doesn't want the public too involved. He and Sherry are both alike in that regard. Secrecy is so much easier....and, I think the family should be the ones claiming what Travis would or wouldn't like.

5. loveamystery

loveamystery New Member

I believe MDLR is self-employed. At least that's what I remember from the first trial. Her "linkedin" is no longer available. This is an article from last year about the Sheriff's office investigating her home.
    http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2014/03/jodi_arias_mitigation_speciali.php

6. concernedmother

concernedmother Active Member

Well if juror #17 had thoughts about writing a book she blew her chances since the jurors spoke. If she was the lone vote because she examined the evidence and couldn't vote for DP its one thing. But bias vote wont cut it. No one would buy her book now. jmo

7. smeck

smeck Active Member

This post is absolutely true! Instead of a jury of your peers, all you need is one crackpot to make the decision. Thank you for that post.

8. Hez

Hez Well-Known Member

I agree. She is acting very disrespectful and it's an insult to the victim's family. I'm appalled at her behaviour and that she is treating this like some childish game! A man was murdered by her client and she is acting like it's a game! She's still at it online right now. :gaah:

9. elementary

elementary No More Excuses

I really appreciate your time and your hard work , kimi_SFC. I no longer can listen to any of this.

They laid out the photos of Travis and there was no response from this murderer's groupie. It has to be devastating.

Meanwhile, I wish NG would shut the heck up and let her interviewees talk. I find her largely useless. I feel for juror #4 in having to deal with her.

10. sammie

sammie New Member

Do we know what is asked on the juror questionnaire? Wouldn't they, as a rule ask about relatives and crimes/convictions? If so, and she lied...can she be prosecuted?

11. sammie

sammie New Member

If true, her bias might not have had anything to do with being DV victim ..it may be she had something personal against the prosecutor?

12. MaLou

MaLou Member

I know I'm in a state of shock, but there just has to be some sort of recourse for this. If Juror 17 truly was not DP qualified and if the things we're reading about her are true, are there consequences? Is there any way to "fix" this because this is WRONG.

13. elementary

elementary No More Excuses

I would like an answer to that as well.

14. sammie

sammie New Member

And AZL answered that very question today and said its VERY difficult to do, and easily can get overturned on appeal. Refusing to change your mind is not "not deliberating" it says so in the instructions. Saying she saw the movie (if JSS was told), all JSS would have to do at the point is tell the other jurors to disregard whatever she said in deliberations, and instruct the juror not to consider it. If I could link her post, I would...but she explained why it wasn't as easy as we think to "replace" the juror. The fact that this juror would look at journals, etc can be indications she was deliberating, explaining her position.

Also, from what I read, we aren't certain the jurors told JSS about the movie issue, just that she wasn't deliberating.

15. GigiG

GigiG New Member

Lionel Dahmer wrote a heart-wrenching book that was honest and filled with regret, self-blame and remorse. He didn't do it for profit, but more -- I think -- to cleanse his soul. I doubt the Arias clan has that kind of grace.

16. sammie

sammie New Member

She didn't tell them? Until deliberations? It was on not too long ago, probably didn't watch it until then. Saying it once you're on the jury isn't enough to get you kicked off, but if you're honest and say so up front gets you excused? :facepalm:

17. concernedmother

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...describes-life-in-prison-jodi-arias/24346539/
    "There will be some groupies, probably not many, but there will be some," she said. "There will be some that want to put her in her place. There will be staff that wants to put her in her place."

Allen said the only thing that got her through was knowing one day she'd be able to walk out. Arias most likely won't have that luxury.

"There's always that hope in front of you. But for her and women in for life, there isn't any. That's totally a different living death," she said.

Jodi will spend 23 hrs a day in her cell.

18. concernedmother

Alexanders need to get that civil suit going now so Jodi doesnt get to keep $80 a month for snacks. Im sure they would win.

19. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

Has this already been explained? If so, my apologies, but I have the same question re: alternates. What is there purpose ? Why didn't they let the rogue juror walk out as she wanted to do ? Would she not have been replaced with an alternate ? Or, would that cause a mistrial ? Which goes back to the question: what is the purpose of having alternate jurors ? AZL, someone ? TIA

20. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

Wasn't charged with "death"
    ^^ regarding Wayne Williams - can't edit correctly.

Bold by ME in answer.
    ​ Tia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.