Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU NEED TO POST A LINK WHEN YOU ARE STATING NEW INFORMATION AS A FACT. You can not post rumors that are from social media sites. If it is from a MSM tweet, that is fine to link and post. Social media is not MSM. Anything from BK's site can be discussed, you just can't cut and past. DO NOT POST IT.

ETA: You can discuss anything that has been released by the media but do not sleuth the juror's ex-husband when we do not know for sure if the public records are for him. Plus, he is not an issue in this case. So let's leave the ex alone unless it becomes an issue.

Thanks, Lambchop

so don't feel bad! I felt she had a worldview similar to Jodi-it's all about her. SHE was the victim. SHE was the central figure instead of being part of the jury deciding on a sentence for a murderer who killed an actual victim.

Based on her feeling 'assaulted' in deliberations, I have to wonder if she didn't feel a certain kinship with the defendant. Always attacked, always the victim. I know that's a lot to extrapolate from one comment, and it was 2nd hand to boot, but still, I do wonder.

Jodi, herself, is involved in these sites through intermediaries who are not legal professionals, isn't she? Would JA have had the juror's names?

Here is the Maricopa County website information on jury names. BBM:

'Your home or mailing address is known only to the court. Only the judge can order the release of jurors' addresses, usually to the lawyers in the case, and only for a good, legal reason. This very rarely happens. At the conclusion of the trial, should you be contacted by the lawyers in a case in which you sat as a juror, remember that you are not obligated to divulge any information concerning the deliberations, the verdict, or your opinions about anything concerning the case unless ordered to do so by the court.'

Gosh, if true that all jury names and info has been released, the guilty party needs to be pursued.

Perhaps this juror had been coached beforehand... as in should they try to get rid of you, write the judge a note requesting a specific alternate so they won't grant it.

perhaps this juror has been coached, and maybe not. there's definately a foul stench about this whole mess with juror #17, but then this whole trial and all the secret hiding of info has a foul stench to it too. as for juror #17, within the last hour i have read a comment by a julie defour on the juan martinez prosecuter page, facebook, that this juror knew mdlr before this trial and was passing friends, i have read of her ex prosecuted by juan martinez - her ex and her current husband/live-in both are felons having served time, that her current husband/live-in is fb friends with one of arias's family. that even now authorities are looking into some of the accusations being presented to them. was there an agenda here? will we ever really know for sure? funny how when the verdict was read there was absolutely no emotional reaction from anyone from the defense side, did they already know? i thought that was strange as they claimed it was a victory. i myself believed ja wanted the death penalty, not because she wanted to die, but because in her screwed up way of thinking i believe she really thought she could get out on appeal and with a life sentence, well, its for life. i dont know about juror #17, but i do know it needs to be investigated and cleared up one way or the other. and i also question if it was possible, and im speculating here, if it was possible for the dt to successfully use this juror to their own purposes, then this also needs to be investigated. it makes me wonder, they have stooped to very low levels, and im reminded of the first trial when dr. demarte's laptop with all her info on ja was stolen from her home. that was all that was taken which makes it very suspicious. has anyone ever heard if this laptop was ever retrieved and if anyone was ever under suspicion for the break in? it seemed to be reported in passing and ive never heard anything else about it.

I just finished jury duty about a month ago. Luckily for me this time I was never on a case. How it is done here is this so I can certainly see how JA could have the information: When they call out the first group of jury panel, the lawyers write your name down that co-ordinates with the number of the seat you take in the jury box...they look at that name and ask you questions and if any of your answers are yes they usually ask you further questions....I saw the defendants in these cases clearly being able to see what name was written down by the attorney so yes I would say anyone around the defense table during jury selection would have access to the names...of course there were several questioned that did not make it to the final jury and the "new" juror would take their seat and be questioned. All IMO.

This is purely my take but I am convinced that the decision to conduct this retrial in a veritable blanket of secrecy (everything from the most innane to the very important) is ultimately responsible for the media and the public's determination to go to such great lengths to get information on everything case related. If everything had been handled out in the open (hell, even if rational discretion had been applied to what genuinely warranted the secrecy) there would not be the extreme distrust about what is being hidden.

'Your home or mailing address is known only to the court. Only the judge can order the release of jurors' addresses, usually to the lawyers in the case, and only for a good, legal reason. This very rarely happens. At the conclusion of the trial, should you be contacted by the lawyers in a case in which you sat as a juror, remember that you are not obligated to divulge any information concerning the deliberations, the verdict, or your opinions about anything concerning the case unless ordered to do so by the court.'

Gosh, if true that all jury names and info has been released, the guilty party needs to be pursued.

That's concerning the jurors addresses. With their names addresses wouldn't have been hard to locate.

Many victims' families whose killer is on death row say they still have no peace from that and still have to be concerned with the killer winning their appeals. Not all, and I don't claim all, but many have reported it doesn't change anything in the end. Their beloved relative or friend is still dead, the hole is still there, there are usually a few appeals along the way, which only rips the scab off.

Perhaps, as much as the TA family wanted the DP and as much as they were terribly disappointed they didn't get that, in time they may come to realize the end result (killer staying in prison forever) is still justice since executions are so long to occur, if they ever occur. Imagine waiting decades for an execution to occur, only to be waiting forever. That's not good either.

Travis' killer was convicted of the harshest charge one can be. That is justice, even if it doesn't feel that way. Death is an appropriate sentence, but it's never guaranteed. Arias will surely lose her appeal down the road (and yes, she will appeal). The family will eventually be able to spend less and less time thinking about TA's killer as the years go on. The killer will remain at Perryville.

OK according to conversations on Troy Hayden's Twitter account they are fact checking the rumours that have been swirling around .. I can't really post it because all he says is 'yes' when somebody asks if they will be .. so hopefully by end of day we will know what is true and what isn't about Juror 17.

So was question 5 & 6 that was sealed the last 2 the Judge read?
I am so far behind
Due to babysitting this last whole week.

I really hope at this point that this verdict stands....the mere thought of another sentencing hearing and risking another person on a jury who has feelings for the felon just scares me.....let her go on her way and be gone with her murdering self. She is done stick that fork in her.

All the Jurors names are posted on the 'Jodi is Innocent' website, with the exception of #17.

Why do I remembering hearing that juror 17 herself wanted off of the jury? Am I wrong?

That's sounding familiar to me too. Was that in the 'juror question' Judge Stephens read yesterday before declaring the mistrial? Did the note say something like 'either the deliberations stop or this juror (meaning #17) wants off the jury' ??

This is purely my take but I am convinced that the decision to conduct this retrial in a veritable blanket of secrecy (everything from the most innane to the very important) is ultimately responsible for the media and the public's determination to go to such great lengths to get information on everything case related. If everything had been handled out in the open (hell, even if rational discretion had been applied to what genuinely warranted the secrecy) there would not be the extreme distrust about what is being hidden.

The irony that this trial was conducted in such secrecy, yet less than 24 hours after the verdict, all of the jurors' names are on the internet

Dr. Dennis Elias is a <mod snip>......other than that, threats from twitter? Maybe her adoring hubby should stay away from the media....

This quote alone bothers me a lot:

"That one remaining juror knew beyond a doubt that if she changed her mind, it was her vote that killed Jodi Arias," he said.

She knew the rules going in. She had her agenda and she worked it.

wait..what? could this happen due to juror bias/tampering?

I really hope at this point that this verdict stands....the mere thought of another sentencing hearing and risking another person on a jury who has feelings for the felon just scares me.....let her go on her way and be gone with her murdering self. She is done stick that fork in her.

so don't feel bad! I felt she had a worldview similar to Jodi-it's all about her. SHE was the victim. SHE was the central figure instead of being part of the jury deciding on a sentence for a murderer who killed an actual victim.

Much like Clint Eastwood said in one of his movies, "The only reason this juror should be afraid is because of what she knows about herself inside".

All the Jurors names are posted on the 'Jodi is Innocent' website, with the exception of #17.

I don't know how much can be investigated regarding this site since I read years ago the administrator was in another country.
Just like most spammers and hackers when you reside in another country it is hard to investigate or prosecute.

But nobody should be posting private personal information on ANY of the 12 jurors. I don't care which side you are on!

Some recent Tweets:

Troy Hayden &#8207;@troyhaydenfox10 · 56m56 minutes ago

Developing: MCSO looking into websites releasing personal information of #JodiArias jurors.

Troy Hayden &#8207;@troyhaydenfox10 · 55m55 minutes ago

MCSO providing security for #JodiArias #Juror17. Though at this point "she has received no credible threats."

William Pitts retweeted
12 News &#8207;@12News · 36m36 minutes ago

.@william_pitts: I've been sitting in that courtroom for almost five months.
http://azc.cc/1G49IVb #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member