Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

They screwed up, I looked at that too. They meant the 12th juror- the holdout which equals juror #17. We lost a few jurors which is why her number is higher than 12.

2. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

No basically she wanted to look at the journals but would not discuss the DP for JA. Said it was revenge. I listened to these people who seem reasonable and I believe them. They felt like she had an agenda and was not even going to consider DP for JA. I think she did skirt the law. I feel like she may have gone in there with the intention of making sure that JA did not get death.

She could have come out and said her peace too.

3. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

I think she was a plant, probably by MDLR and they knew it. They seemed to have advanced knowledge of alot that went down before it happened.

4. daisydomino

daisydomino Active Member

I'm reading everything I can about this. I'm on both sides of this right now, so I'm not arguing, MB. I appreciate your discussing it with me.

The 11 + alternates said in the presser that they feel like they failed, so their anger with her was pretty up front.

On one hand, I know that not everyone is able to verbalize their opinions in a group, especially in an emotional group who all disagree with you. It sounded like she said that she felt that the mitigation was enough to spare JA's life and she believed the DT's warped depiction of Travis. She couldn't back it up, but I re-read the juror instructions that I have, and I do not see anywhere that she has to.

On the other hand, come on! There's no mitigation. They tried everything to get her to see the weak and/or lack of mitigation and she wouldn't consider it.

So maybe this was just her honest belief.
    Maybe she did not re-examine her own views.
    Who knows!

For now, I will attribute to her the best possible motive consistent with the facts I have right now.

Her husband seems like a nice guy.

source: http://www.eversnark.com/final-jury-instructions/ 2013 instructions transcribed from file offered on paywall site

5. WhoaIsMe

WhoaIsMe Member

6. Turtles

Turtles Member

I think it means 12 as in one of the final 12 deliberating jurors.

7. Wizzy

Wizzy New Member

#17 is the jurors number.
    The 12 juror to decide the verdict.( the hold out juror)

8. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

9. Luvrosco

Luvrosco New Member

P
    I agree. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder,but I don't find her attractive at all. She will age quickly in prison. It looks as if she's already got a few gray hairs. IIRC prisoners are not allowed hair dye. After the 1st verdict I remember seeing a side by side by of Wendy Audriano. It was shocking how she looked compared from when she first went to prison.

10. MsJoni

MsJoni New Member

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      37.6 KB
      Views:
  11. Luvrosco

Luvrosco New Member

I will not watch any interview of her.

12. little ole me

little ole me New Member

You got that right!

13. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly. Didn't a juror leave early in the deliberations because he/she said they just didn't believe in the DP? Why didn't this jury do the same? She clearly did not believe in it or intend to give it to JA.

JMO

14. cady

cady Well-Known Member

First off.. I think that Jodi should have LWOP to keep her out of society and assure us that she is gone. I am sorry, after listening to the jurors, that the hold-out refused to participate and explain herself. That was not fair to the other jurors, and it does seem hinky to me. And it should have been addressed by the judge when it was brought to her attention. What makes me equally sick though, is to hear the family wailing because all they want is Jodi's death. Jodi was convicted. Spending seven years wishing for someones death, and making it your mission seems pathological to me. I feel terribly for the loss of their brother, but no more or less than I do for anyone who has lost a loved one to murder...no matter HOW heinous the method was. This was the State of Arizona VS Jodi Arias. There are ALWAYS loved ones who are recognized as victims. The family needs to move on. Jodi will be out of their faces IF they choose. JMO

15. jevipo74

jevipo74 New Member

I am comforted by the fact that Arpaio has finally muzzled her. We won't have to hear her gloat or see her ugly mug.

16. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

It was juror #17 in the trial, but the 12th juror that decided the fate. 11 others spoke before so she's the 12th.

17. MissHaley

MissHaley Active Member

Did you read that back in Oct. this Juror was held back & questioned by the judge, all others were dismissed for the day. There were posts here that it was in BK notes.

18. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

I believe it is her number on the original jury list when the retrial started. No. 12 is the number she would be going into deliberations. jmo

19. Frigga

Frigga New Member

Can someone post a synopsis of what the husband of Juror 17 said. I can't watch videos at the moment. TIA.

20. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Where is the Justice for Holly Bobo?

I just saw where a segment producer for Gma is in touch with the lone Juror's husband.

I am starting to remove people who are tweeting out her name, and address and phone number from twitter! OUTRAGEOUS!

These actions, just like this, is why we didn't get to see the penalty phase ... just like this. :gaah:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.