Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight, it was sort of remarkable the complete lack of emotions shown by the defense team when the non-verdict was announced. Could that be because they already knew what the outcome was going to be ??

Had "their" juror managed to pull it off ?

This needs to be investigated further, and not by JSS either.

This lone juror was either there by her own choice, or she was hired to be there. She wouldn't participate, she wouldn't deliberate, and she had an obvious agenda......disrupt the process.

I found her choice to describe the DP as revenge interesting because I recently watched some of Arias' interviews and in one of them that is what she states, that going after the DP would be revenge. This juror has not been truthful.

Nurmi was getting close to $300/ hour because he whined when he got assigned the case that he was planning on going into private practice. The vast majority of the $ 3 million cost of her defense is attorneys fees.

Seems unusual that they would meet his demands, however I'm not familiar with indigent defense fees for capital cases.

God help me but this makes me sick beyond words.

This posted on Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support FB page
Interesting to say the least. Why back in October 2014, did Judge Stephens want to speak in chambers to Holdout Juror 17? ??? This according to Beth Karas October 2014 post.
Beth Karas

Jury is sent home until Monday morning. The judge asks juror #17 to stay behind. Nurmi waives Arias's presence for whatever they are doing in chambers. Attorneys meet with judge in chambers now. Arias follows them in--I guess her presence is not waived.

Seems unusual that they would meet his demands, however I'm not familiar with indigent defense fees for capital cases.
. They agreed because there had already been delays due to having to replace her first attorney.

Trying to find exact figures but it looks like both Nurmi and Wilmott were getting at least $250/ hour

Best justice system in the world ? Maybe so, IF the right people are in charge of it.

I notice it is people that work in the justice system, that always make the claim that it is the best.

Looks like it could stand to make a whole lot of improvements to me.

I am wondering if there ever has been an incident of juror misconduct that was found after a verdict and if so what would happen?

Joey Jackson said on HLN today that once the verdict has been handed down, or in this case, hung, that there is no recourse. Juror misconduct only goes one way at this point, it's only an issue if it HURT the defense. I'm so sick of our justice system bending over backwards to protect the rights of the defense, but not those of the victim.

I just found it. On the member home page, look at the links on the right. Haven't read it yet.

ETA, duh...the g-chat from 5/26/08 on BK's page.

During sentencing will Juan be saying anything or Nurmi? Does the family get to speak? Or is it the judge just hand down a sentence. Sorry if this has been answered already. Lost with all the amazing posts today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watching the start of the press conference with bill mongomery...he said the prosecution costs were around $132,000 so the rest of the $3.1 million went on the defense?!?! i am shocked

Bringing this over from last thread. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark, :sigh:

It'll be very interesting to find out what was really said in chambers. I am going to go with the belief that the judge and attorneys were being sure that #17 was not really a stealth juror, that she really did believe in capital punishment and did not lie in voir dire.

Listened to the not-quite unanimous 11 plus alternates presser again, and man, it sure sounds to me that she might have been.

. They agreed because there had already been delays due to having to replace her first attorney.

Trying to find exact figures but it looks like both Nurmi and Wilmott were getting at least $250/ hour

I can't find it either but I did find TN and they get $100 per hour in court

Is the 5/26 full emails only on BK site? Help?

As far as I know only on BK. It's the g chat 15 pages.
The text is surprising to me. Travis felt "ruined" by the sex. But he says he's addicted to her. He's mad about the hacking and says he knows she's slashed his tires and deleted an email to Lisa. Tells her if she wants his passwords to just ask "you are ruining my life but Im addicted"
Even after the name calling he forgives her and asks her to call him

watching the start of the press conference with bill mongomery...he said the prosecution costs were around $132,000 so the rest of the $3.1 million went on the defense?!?! i am shocked

Those prosecution costs aren't part of the $3 + million, which refers to defense costs only. I saw a comment on another website, How much does a bullet cost? LOL

It'll be very interesting to find out what was really said in chambers. I am going to go with the belief that the judge and attorneys were being sure that #17 was not really a stealth juror, that she really did believe in capital punishment and did not lie in voir dire.

Listened to the not-quite unanimous 11 plus alternates presser again, and man, it sure sounds to me that she might have been.

Yes. I know that we are only getting one side of the story but for all 11 jurors to be that angry at her means something. I don't think it was so simple as she watched a movie and called the death penalty revenge but more than that and I think even if legally she could not have been removed she should in no way have been there.

I'm curious when she watched Jodi's interview and why she had it so fresh in her mind. I'm also curious what the issue with her was back in October and if iit had to do with doing something she wasn't supposed to and if the judge erred in not releasing her then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member