Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #3

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_News_Junkie

A_News_Junkie Retired

Had the issue of perjury of the jury been discovered after deliberations started - could the judge have removed the juror and placed an alternate? Or if any anti- death penalty documents (that might or might not exist) or communications by a sitting juror been revealed -- would this still have resulted in a mistrial?

2. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

3. daisydomino

daisydomino Active Member

4. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

unfortunately this is gonna die pretty fast unless AZ does some fast investigation and goes after this juror...in general the country as a whole does not even remember Jodi Arias and I don't think national media is going to take this very far...a few interviews with the jurors and it will be history. Only place to get info is here or similar sites. I don't know one person that cares about this case. Thanks to all here for keeping this alive and all the links etc.

5. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

ITA...but I was mainly referring to her comment of now knowing Juror 17's agenda was that she was anti-JM. I don't think that crossed her mind while deliberating...but maybe it did?

6. A_News_Junkie

A_News_Junkie Retired

I am "deeply disturbed as to how the juror's names were leaked" too, but I am "Concerned" about all the juror's. There are many out there who would harm a person whom is willing to vote for death. Silent 17 is no more at risk for being on this trial than any other juror unless her own actions land her in pink with Sheriff Joe.

7. jayme1133

jayme1133 New Member

I can't pull this up...says down for maintenance on Sunday. haha isn't it Saturday?

I do believe they will hold Juror 17 accountable if someone actually investigates.

8. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

I hope the Alexander family realizes that there are many more people that are disturbed by what happened than the few who throw up their hands and give up. The constant "nothing can be done!" mantra is so defeatist. A round about way to defend Sherry....and Lord knows she has plenty of those. If a juror does something illegal, should they not be held accountable? If not, why not? Too much trouble? Might make Sherry look bad? Anti DP proponents got what they wanted so just ignore it? What???

Some talking head on TV gives an opinion and it's gospel? Or, my favorite, it's Juans fault. Really? A person lies to get on a jury, refuses to deliberate, and it's JM's fault!? Now, the 11 are being accused of "assaulting" the <unusual person> because things got heated in the jury room......it's called frustration because they figured out they just wasted 5 months of their lives because of a stealth juror....and got NO help from the judge because she is quivering in fear over appeal issues. I hate all of this. It will keep happening because enough people refuse to demand that it stop.

9. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Tracking a Foreign Faction of Cereal Killerz

Time for people to work to change the laws in Arizona then. The rules are based on the laws. So if one dislikes the rules, then change the underlying law. This will require a change to the Arizona Constitution through the state legislature. It will take time and money and effort, but if people are really serious and really sick of the system, then this is how to do it.

People love to complain but when it comes right down to it, not that many will actually step up and take action. Most are happy to let someone else do the work and figure it all out. Complacency is its own punishment.

10. Myvice

Myvice Well-Known Member

Sometimes I really don't follow Monica's logic. Or maybe I'm reading this wrong.

She says the system isn't broken because there is recourse against stealth jurors. But then, doesn't she say how wrong it would be to prosecute a stealth juror?

11. MissHaley

MissHaley Active Member

LOL! or what was the other- 'she was unable to deal with the tumultuous relationship after 5 months leaving her unable to deliberate.'

12. SuzDuJour

SuzDuJour Well-Known Member

I served on a Grand Jury in Baltimore for four months several years ago. I remember that they told us that we had investigative powers and could open investigations - does this happen in Arizona as well?

13. nowayout

nowayout New Member

Very well said :)

14. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

If you try this link and put in her name you can see the case number but when you click on it it tells you that not all case information is filed online or some such thing so you have to personally request the case info at the courthouse I assume?

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/caseSearch.asp

15. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Tracking a Foreign Faction of Cereal Killerz

I've seen that speculated a lot here on WS, that she had some vendetta against JM. Can you point me to where this has been proven as fact?

16. MissHaley

MissHaley Active Member

no, it's not you. She is pro-def & a ja lover. I thought she was 'off' listening to her on the 1st trial. Never, ever saying anything negative about ja or defense. When I heard her on air, after the guilty verdict say, "I wonder how Jodi is feeling, hope she's ok", I lost my lunch, then stopped paying attention to her.

17. Ruby

Ruby New Member

Call me silly - but how does a 33/34 year old back in 2013 do a high school presentation.
    I know GED, but how has that been verified.

Could her daughter have the same first name and the fathers (J17's ex) last name?

18. sammie

sammie New Member

No he said that as far as it changing the outcome of the hung jury. Yes the juror can be charged and that's why the County Attorneys office says they are investigating. Links were put up yesterday with AZ statutes, she could be charged with perjury, obstruction of justice, or even jury tampering depending on what they find.

19. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris #JeSuisUrsa

Oh thanks, I didn't know all that .. So maybe we need some other proof that MDLR was attached to the JAII website .. we know she has posted there. The other connection to that site is Jodi's own family of course, who could also have got their hands on the list or jurors, but then again I'd think MDLR would be the most likely person to let that get into their hands.

20. Wizzy

Wizzy New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    I don't buy into the belief it is better to have a mistrial than a DP sentence overturned on appeal. It is not fair to the victims. With everything that has come out after the verdict, I do not believe that replacing this juror would win a successful appeal. Keeping the juror on knowing the concerns of the 11 jurors ended the right for the Alexander's to seek justice. It is just wrong.
    Don't get me wrong, I have no problem that she got life instead of DP. I don't think she will survive in general population. I just believe that it was wrong to keep this juror on knowing she was not going to deliberate, tried to bring in outside information that was not allowed, admitted she watched news coverage during the trial. The judge knew all this, and prevented the justice the Alexander's rightfully deserve. Add t this everything that has come out since.
    Let's be serious. Who believes that with the one fact that we know for sure (Juan was the prosecutor on her ex husbands felony case, and they wed a day before sentencing) that an appeal on this issue would be successful?

As far as deliberating goes, juror #17 wanted to look at the journals, which they did. Legally that is deliberating.
    At the time none of the agenda stuff was known and still hasn't been proven. If it is proven then #17 should be punished. I don't believe that is going to happen though. jmoo. We don't like it but the defendants legal rights come before the victims family. This whole trial has been a big heartache. jmoo

Your Message

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.