Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wish for Jodi. May the Big Bertha's of Prison terrorize you all of your remaining days.

I'm no AZL, but I think JA declined the pre-sentencing report (psych state; ability to adjust to prison; etc.) ... JA still retains the right to get up in front of the judge at sentencing and plead her 'case' for LWP. That's my understanding, at least. AZL commented on it at the time, but I don't have time to find her post.

I know Paul Sanders said differently in his interview with Trish; IMO, he got this wrong.

Thanks. :) I misunderstood what she waived.

They're waiting for JA at Perryville.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weird-news/gator-n321701

florida alligator.jpg

How much would you guys pay ME to go visit here over there? Um like Hell is a frozen Wonderland where pigs are flying on the backs of pink elephants. I'm sorry I even nauseated myself there for a second.

LOL, KCL she would recognize you in half a second! Would like to be a fly on the wall recording her flipping out when she saw you though!

My prediction: Her next victim will be MDLR. CMJA is going to have to take this out on someone.

She's spent an average of $100 a week on commissary?! And has barely eaten the tasty meals Sheriff Joe has provided. Every penny she's spent to gorge herself on junk has been stolen from what she owes the Alexanders. I hope their civil suit is soon, brief, and followed up with the means to seize every last cent from her hidden accounts

BBM Well, we know the girl loves her candy.... I know I'm preaching to the choir, but the concern her fans show for her comfort and the effort they put into providing for her candy needs is sickening! It's so misguided and it reminds me of a bunch of 13 year-old girls rallying around a stray kitten, not a convicted murderer. If her fans are truly that soft and misguided, I'm scared for them, and if her fans actually see CMJA for what she is, I'm scared for the rest of us.

I have the feeling this party has been going on for awhile, but the jail didn't care to do anything about it until it hit the media ..

I totally agree. Once the media got wind of it, I believe the AZ taxpayers were livid, and began calling the Sheriff's office. (And it wasn't to speak to the convicted killer Jodi.)This forced Sheriff Joe to put a stop to it. That's probably why the statement released by him today mentions that Jodi's bad behavior had escalated SINCE the trial was over.http://www.mcso.org/MultiMedia/PressRelease/JodiAriasBanUPDATE.pdf

From Sheriff Joe press release today - "The three rule violations come after Sheriff Arpaio found evidence that Arias was communicating with minors over the video visitation system, and using other inmates to make phone calls to people on the outside of jail in an attempt to avoid monitoring.
On Tuesday, Sheriff Arpaio banned 10 of Arias’ visitors, including two 15 year olds and a remote video visitor from Greece. These ten visitors who no longer can visit with Arias were banned for violations such as using cell phones for photographic purposes and/or using other people’s names/accounts in order to gain access to Arias. END"

To me, looking back thru the whole mess, esp. with Travis, all these tricks & schemes were what the killer was, even thru her life. This, above bolded, isn't 'new' behavior. With her supporters on that web site, with MLDR fixing things up for her, I can see how MLDR assisted her in 'how to get around things' while she was in jail! The tweeting, the donations, etc.
Who told those people to get fake ID's & when they did, they would be able to see her in video chat? See how she can influence people to do illegal things? The video chat was just introduced in the fall, right when her retrial started.
We all kept asking, how are these things allowed, why can't she be stopped. We knew about coded magazine messages, 3-way taped calls, calls to the media requesting interviews.
I hope you all can understand the jest of what I'm trying to say. This sentence from Hope4More on pg 2 is the whole idea.
"Whatever she does it will backfire on her. She doesn't learn because she's accustomed to being handsomely rewarded for breaking the rules and disrespecting authority."

I'm no AZL, but I think JA declined the pre-sentencing report (psych state; ability to adjust to prison; etc.) ... JA still retains the right to get up in front of the judge at sentencing and plead her 'case' for LWP. That's my understanding, at least. AZL commented on it at the time, but I don't have time to find her post.

I know Paul Sanders said differently in his interview with Trish; IMO, he got this wrong.

Nurmi said she was declining the interview, but when JSS questioned JA, she declined the report, IIRC. In the last court minutes, JSS said she had originally ordered one but cancelled it (after JA waived, I guess), so there will not be a report made. I would have thought JM would want one if it were the only avenue for restitution, so maybe that can be done separately and sent to DOC along with those 3 binders from Sheriff Joe. I don't think the PSR has anything to do with whether either JA or the family's right to speak either, I think that's just procedure for sentencing. I'm not sure JA will speak at all but the Alexanders will, IMO.

I have the feeling this party has been going on for awhile, but the jail didn't care to do anything about it until it hit the media ..

Maybe they figured she is her own worst enemy - like sneaking the messages in the magazines - so letting her play her games might inadvertently reveal other information Juan could use.

KATIE, when the "retarded" brother won his appeal for life sentence, I felt bad for you and was enraged by the system, i hadn't even thought of this silver lining. I bet both brothers are furious now that they are without each other hahahahha !!! i love this !!! being in jail sucks but it's easier on the psyche if you have your bff , you know, misery loves company , to support each other. This is great news!

I personally believe that Jodi may try and harm herself, successfully or not is left to be seen.

I'm not being lighthearted or joking around either.

What Arpio just did will pretty much be the equivalent to her being in a Death Row lockdown situation.

23 hour lockdown with no privileges.

She has 30 days to go before sentencing.........that's a long time for her to go without being the Belle of the Ball.

She brought all of this attention on herself though. She behaved herself pretty well up until the mistrial verdict came down, probably due to Nurmi's advice, and then she felt free to have a jailhouse party with everyone invited.

It should be interesting to see what she looks like on April 13th......may be a few grey hairs growing in by then.

Does anyone think JA would take her own life as to avoid the final sentence and tiny bit of justice for the Alexander family? Or do you think she thinks staying alive equals maximum mental torture for them and/or she's too narcissistic to not be stay here?

:seeya: I have questions:

1. If there is video evidence of Arias encouraging minors to obtain false IDs, and how to obtain them, is that not criminal? Contributing to minors? If so, can she be charged by LE, or does it remain an internal matter when incarcerated?

2. Why did she waive her pre-sentencing report, and yet still require a 30 day grace period? What is she up to? Arias is not known for saving the tax payers' money, or lessening any impact on the Alexanders.

3. Now that she has not received the DP, what happens to that joint action? (DP unconstitutional, or whatever the wording was). Is that the civil suit she is alleged to be testifying in?

Does anyone think JA would take her own life as to avoid the final sentence and tiny bit of justice for the Alexander family? Or do you think she thinks staying alive equals maximum mental torture for them and/or she's too narcissistic to not be stay here?

IMO for now she will see her being alive as a victory. However years down the road in Prison I'm not so sure.

Whatever she does it will backfire on her. She doesn't learn because she's accustomed to being handsomely rewarded for breaking the rules and disrespecting authority.

In one way I'm happy to find out she relied upon commissary food to help make her feel special. All those unearned undeserved privileges removed in one fell swoop, and she's stuck there now because she asked for the extra 30 days to play.

Indeed. She is probably screaming out for her attorneys. A day late and a hollar short. :biggrin:

She's spent an average of $100 a week on commissary. Makes me wonder just how much money her fans are funneling to her.

I know, right? And from the price list someone posted a few threads back, commissary prices are pretty low as opposed to what we would pay for our candy and any snacks at a 7-11 store.

She's spent an average of $100 a week on commissary. Makes me wonder just how much money her fans are funneling to her.

I'm thinking all of this (at 55%?) can be garnished for the Alexanders the moment Jodi is sentenced. Since she won't have any spending needs from her account now that she can't do commissary, all the more that can be garnished. I'm assuming also, that the amount in her commissary account is public information?

Maybe one reason the sentencing is delayed so long is that something is in the works that will really shaft her. Perhaps the Alexanders' attorney needs time to issue subpoenas, etc. to find out the extent of Jodi's assets? So that ALL the assets, including supposedly "hidden" assets, get included in the restitution rulings? JSS sets restitution, right?

And...no wonder JA is scared to go to Perryville. In a good week, for the next months (years?), she'll only have $40 to spend in the commissary. Also, these new shenanigans might prevent her from being assigned a job (half of the salary will go to restitution as it is).

And since women like Angela Simpson aren't going to give a rip about Jodi's feelings or getting themselves into deeper doodoo than they already are (since there's no lower they can go, and, per AS she should have gotten the DP anyway), Jodi's commissary pile is going to be easy pickings. What do you bet, Jodi's hoard can be disappeared one Hershey bar at a time via kiting while she's in the shower? Bwahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong