Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does somebody go about getting a job as a moderator on Websleuths ?

Do you fill out an application ? Is it something offered to longtime users by the current staff ?

Do you go to moderator school ?

I've always been curious about that, but I've never seen anybody talk about it.

How does somebody go about getting a job as a moderator on Websleuths ?

Do you fill out an application ? Is it something offered to longtime users by the current staff ?

Do you go to moderator school ?

I've always been curious about that, but I've never seen anybody talk about it.

They bully you into it if you're too active. Just say no is my policy. :)

There was some discussion about PPL on the other thread. My first law firm signed up to be PPL providers for the Phoenix area about a year after I started there. My thoughts are:

1. It's not a scam. You do get something for your money.

2. It is for sure a pyramid scheme, although the "scheme" is open and obvious, so perhaps there should be a less "scheme"-y word for that.

3. It is impossible IMO to comply with the PPL rules and guidelines for attorneys and also comply with the AZ State Bar's ethical rules. Or at least it was in 1997. Therefore I refused to participate and left for another firm.

Brought over from previous thread

Looking forward to your post (even tho I'm not Frigga :))

Another question to add to Frigga's...do you think that JSS will give LWOP?

Hi Paintr, thanks.

You know, JSS is a bit of a conundrum to me. I have absolutely no doubt that something happened between the last trial and the retrial with JSS but what that is, is anyone's guess. However, I am convinced more than ever after watching the absolute mockery (in retrial) that was made of what is supposed to be a cross examination of DT witnesses by the prosecution to FIND THE TRUTH, that she was at least partially responsible for muzzling Juan--for whatever reason.

I do not have to be a lawyer (hell even the deaf, dumb and blind could see what was happening in that courtroom every time Juan cross examined the witnesses) to understand that there was nothing fair, impartial or just about the way the Judge, who at best was negligent in her duties or at worst was culpable in what was clearly happening. And it is absolutely indisputable that it was the Judge who, both directly and directly, allowed the DT's witnesses to create an atmosphere of out of control disrespect and chaos--I felt for what the jurors must have gone through, and wondered if they were left with bad taste in their mouths about the criminal justice system processes .

Anyway, I now have some reservations as a result of what I witnessed in the retrial, but I do believe she will give Travis' murderer LWOP. On the other hand, I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't.

I just tried Quinn_Michaels twitter and found:

Account suspended
The profile you are trying to view has been suspended. To return to your home timeline, click here.

Hi Paintr, thanks.

You know, JSS is a bit of a conundrum to me. I have absolutely no doubt that something happened between the last trial and the retrial with JSS but what that is, is anyone's guess. However, I am convinced more than ever after watching the absolute mockery (in retrial) that was made of what is supposed to be a cross examination of DT witnesses by the prosecution to FIND THE TRUTH.

I do not have to be a lawyer (hell even the deaf, dumb and blind could see what was happening in that courtroom every time Juan cross examined the witnesses) to understand that there was nothing fair, impartial or just about the way the Judge, who at best was negligent in her duties or at worst was culpable in what was clearly happening. And it is absolutely indisputable that it was the Judge who, both directly and directly, allowed the DT's witnesses to create an atmosphere of out of control disrespect and chaos--I felt for what the jurors must have gone through, and wondered if they were left with bad taste in their mouths about the criminal justice system processes .

Anyway, I now have some reservations as a result of what I witnessed in the retrial, but I do believe she will give Travis' murderer LWOP. On the other hand, I wouldn't be shocked if she didn't.

I think hat JSS at worst was over cautious about protecting JA's rights and because of that JA will have a harder time coming up with appeals issues.
In the end I think JSS will be the reason that JA gets LWOP and stays there forever .

What I do hold JSS accountable for is the secrecy and the fact she had no control in her Courtroom. IMO. Disappointing to say the least. Yes she left little room for Appellate Issues.

Azl with the direct appeal I'm assuming she'll still have an appellate attorney assigned for her indigent status but for rule 32 she'll be responsible even with the indigent status am i reading that right

I think hat JSS at worst was over cautious about protecting JA's rights and because of that JA will have a harder time coming up with appeals issues.
In the end I think JSS will be the reason that JA gets LWOP and stays there forever .

In terms of whether she was fair, I agree with you. But her unconstitutional levels of secrecy, apparent indifference to disrespectful and unprofessional behavior in her courtroom, and inability to keep to a schedule are different matters.

I just tried Quinn_Michaels twitter and found:

Account suspended
The profile you are trying to view has been suspended. To return to your home timeline, click here.

HA .. that's probably because they only joined yesterday, yet have been reported by about 1000 trial watchers.

Azl with the direct appeal I'm assuming she'll still have an appellate attorney assigned for her indigent status but for rule 32 she'll be responsible even with the indigent status am i reading that right

Yes. Assuming she's not hiding any $$$ that affects her indigent status.

In terms of whether she was fair, I agree with you. But her unconstitutional levels of secrecy, apparent indifference to disrespectful and unprofessional behavior in her courtroom, and inability to keep to a schedule are different matters.

I hear that. I know that she was bending too far in one direction. I just can not figure out why. I don't think she is a bad judge or was trying to help JA. I think that she was just overwhelmed by trying to make sure there was no appeal.
I don't know why she thought it would be okay for JA to appear in secret. I just find that odd. I have never ever seen that in a case.

Hi Paintr, thanks.

You know, JSS is a bit of a conundrum to me. I have absolutely no doubt that something happened between the last trial and the retrial with JSS but what that is, is anyone's guess. However, I am convinced more than ever after watching the absolute mockery (in retrial) that was made of what is supposed to be a cross examination of DT witnesses by the prosecution to FIND THE TRUTH, that she was at least partially responsible for muzzling Juan--for whatever reason.

OTOH I do believe that JSS will go for door #2 LWP and I will be shocked if she doesn't.

I do thank you kindly for your insight and answer. In fact, thank you kindly for all of your posts on here. I enjoy reading them. :)

Scarlett, I respect your opinion and you are probably correct about JSS being excessively (my word) cautious.

However, I will never accept that a lower court Judge rules and conducts the business of justice in a criminal trial from a place of fear PERIOD. Especially, to such an extent that the State could not conduct any semblance of a cross examination.

I may be an average person when it comes to the justice system but for a trial judge to address and be singularly motivated by issues that are specific to appellate courts, is wrong. There are proceedures and processes in place for a reason, and to subvert those processes out of fear, unreasonable or otherwise, is not what I think Justice is about. IMO

Yes. Assuming she's not hiding any $$$ that affects her indigent status.

Can I tell you how grateful I am to have you here? You make it easy to see the law of it and the emotion of it. Thanks so much. You make this case bearable some days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker