Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by LambChop, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nancy_Drew

Nancy_Drew Sleuthing to help downtrodden victims of dastardly

Oh, then shouldn't he be prosecuted for aiding and abetting a murderer??!

2. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

3. deedee21

deedee21 Well-Known Member

He called LE. Left a message. They did not return his call. He was ready to throw her under the bus. To paraphrase, he said her movements would have included or excluded her. His duty as a citizen.

4. deedee21

deedee21 Well-Known Member

The gun was found in her rental car along with some knives.

5. nwmouse

nwmouse Verified cheese addict.

Ok, I'm just curious, if this guy is a "six figure ring" whatsis and invented voice rec tech, why does he live in a trailer? I mean no offense, I just would have thought that he was wealthy and could afford a big house? Or is the trailer he lives in like a vacation home in the woods?

6. FelicityLemon

FelicityLemon Well-Known Member

He did exactly the right thing, calling to give LE information as soon as he saw she was arrested. According to GS, ja only told him that Travis was dead, not that she killed him and he would have no reason to think otherwise. I didn't remember from the video that they didn't return his call, thanks, I didn't want to go back and watch again. Who dropped that ball by not calling him back! Seems to me, that it would have provided a whole bunch more info a whole lot sooner.

7. Nancy_Drew

Nancy_Drew Sleuthing to help downtrodden victims of dastardly

Never mind, I just read that when JA called Gus Searcy the first night to tell him that TA was dead he really didn't think anything nefarious had happened so he didn't really have a reason to call LE... and JA said she was in Northern CA...

8. IfIMay

IfIMay New Member

9. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

The 9mm gun they found was in the parents home. A second gun recently purchased was found in the rental car. So there were two 9mm guns. One in the rental and one at her parent's home.

10. RadarLuv

RadarLuv New Member

GROSSSSS!

[​IMG]

11. mydirtysecret

mydirtysecret Member

I know pretty much nothing about guns besides my DH collecting them. But a 9mm shell casing would NOT be tied to the casing found used on travis correct? Just trying to figure out Where the discussion of the 2 guns y'all are talking about.

12. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

PT dismissed this as nothing. I would think because there is no record of the call that night. Maybe he was mistaken and JA called the night she heard that Travis was dead. Makes sense because that is about the time she received her call from Dan Freeman.

13. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

These were guns that were found after Travis was killed. One 9mm was found in the car JA rented shortly after she was arrested. The other 9mm with silencer was found when LE searched the parent's home. The gun that killed Travis was never recovered and was not a 9mm. I know it is confusing.

14. Soulsad

Soulsad New Member

I'm thinking though, with the multitude of lies arias told and still continues to tell, even an appellate court wouldn't be able to ferret out anything truthful enough to consider giving her a new trial. She is soulless.

15. mydirtysecret

mydirtysecret Member

An appellant court only looks at the trial record to ensure she received a fair trial and to make sure the law was followed. That is it. Its not looking at lies vs truth. Just the court record.

16. trucrimefest

trucrimefest New Member

I posted previously my theory. I am of the "shot came first" camp. The reason for this is because the shot was delivered at the top right of his head. He was stuffed into the shower laying on his right side. The shot could not have come last in the shower, as positioning, etc would have made that very improbable.

The reason Dr. Horn didn't find hemorrhage in the wound is because he sat in that shower, draining while she washed sheets, showered, and then rinsed him off.

As far as the possibility of Gus Searcy's privates.....if they keep it up, we'll end up viewing all of Prepaid Legal people's junk. Bleh.

17. samspace070

samspace070 New Member

There is one big difference with Scott and Jodi. She admits to butchering her victim, but claims self defense, (he deserved it) whereas Scott never admitted to killing his wife. That case always bothered me because of the big deal everyone made of Scott going fishing on Christmas Eve. My husband also went fishing but then so did Laci's mothers live in boyfriend. I also didn't like the magic dog that followed a scent 90 miles on the freeway in a car. They drug that judge up out of retirement too. He may have killed her but I never would have voted for conviction, too much reasonable doubt. Hate me if you want but that's my opinion.

18. trucrimefest

trucrimefest New Member

Interesting take. I haven't followed that case at all, I'll keep this in mind when I do.

19. samspace070

samspace070 New Member

Then the casing would have been air born for a short time in order to land the way it did. If kicked and it rolled into the blood, it would have had blood on the top of the casing instead of just the bottom. That is why I believe it happened last. JMO

20. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

That is what I understood as well, she called GS the night Travis was found and not the night she killed him, GS just 'misremembered'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.