DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to think that there is some investigative reason for the witholding of that one, as well as Harper JD and the Philadelphia JD 2017. A bit strange through as all of those cases were reported in the local news, you'd think that at some point they would follow up on them.

X-rays I would assume would have to do with cross-referencing healed fractures, etc or dental records, but I'm not sure what the forensic standard for those are. I would assume that those comparisons are much cheaper and easier to do than DNA comparison in most cases, though could maybe be more ambiguous or inconclusive.
Most likely given the circumstances. Also since the case is much more recent, there's still probably much fresher leads to follow.

Have to think that there is some investigative reason for the witholding of that one, as well as Harper JD and the Philadelphia JD 2017. A bit strange through as all of those cases were reported in the local news, you'd think that at some point they would follow up on them.

X-rays I would assume would have to do with cross-referencing healed fractures, etc or dental records, but I'm not sure what the forensic standard for those are. I would assume that those comparisons are much cheaper and easier to do than DNA comparison in most cases, though could maybe be more ambiguous or inconclusive.
There is also Pilar Point Doe, a violent hate crime with two suspects but no arrest. The DDP solved this case long time ago, but the police did not make an announcement due to ongoing investigation

Most likely given the circumstances. Also since the case is much more recent, there's still probably much fresher leads to follow.
May be you can offer the DDP to help them to update the website.
According to the pin post three new Pima County cases are now active

May be you can offer the DDP to help them to update the website.
According to the pin post three new Pima County cases are now active
I would but I don’t remember much html from my days in college. Perhaps I could try making those placeholder images for cases that don’t have reconstructions, however I would need images of specific locations that are royalty free

I would but I don’t remember much html from my days in college. Perhaps I could try making those placeholder images for cases that don’t have reconstructions, however I would need images of specific locations that are royalty free
I think they probably use the graphic one, where everything is intuitive, no need to write commands or anything. I have noticed that Saginaw John Doe does not have a placeholder picture, which seems totally fine with me, i think these photos are nice idea, but it is fine with just a black siluetee on white background. But the DDP has a lot of new cases, not on the website still

• Pima Co John Doe 2019 (AZ) NamUs #UP59307
• Pima Co John Doe 2019 (AZ) NamUs #UP56117
• Pima Co Jane Doe 2010 (AZ) NamUs #UP9040

Now in active research.

If you go to his NAMUS it would appear that they might have already made a tentative ID.
From Namus:
Decedent found in possible homeless camp. Genealogy studies result in a probable match to Tucsonan Tommy Gayle Pool, Jr. Photo from his 2007 Arizona DL has been uploaded to NamUs.

Pima County (Eloy) Jane Doe (2010) is now on the site as well:

No spreadsheet update this week :(
I am also wondering if any of the old cases were resolved this year. I really hope for Vernon County Jane Doe to be solved, as for a long time she had only very low matches and finally this year she got a decent match.

Also waiting for Gregg County Jane Doe to be identified as she has good chances too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong