DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Both Valencia Rd and Tucson Parking Lot John Does are now identified.

Both Valencia Rd and Tucson Parking Lot John Does are now identified.
I have to wonder how many cases from Pima County will be routed to the DNA Doe Project, they have nearly 1200 active ones.

Joan has updated the spreadsheet, LaVerenge Jane Doe has a new highest match of 438 cM (previous hightest match was 144.7 cM).

Adam has a new highest match of 48.3 cM (before was 47.1 cM)

Metson Lake John Doe was added with the highest match of 137.1 cM

I have to wonder how many cases from Pima County will be routed to the DNA Doe Project, they have nearly 1200 active ones.
Not sure about Pima County, but they partnered with Sonoma County Sheriff office to work on to up to 20 unidentified individuals

Woodlawn Cemetery Jane Doe 2017 added to the site, says 'research in progress' for her

On May 4, 2017, workers digging a waterline during the construction of a gas station and convenience store in Sanford, Maine, discovered partial skeletal remains inside of a collapsed casket. The remains included finger bones, jawbone, teeth, and ribs. Because the pelvis was missing, the gender could not be confirmed; however, the remains are believed to be those of a female child. Along with the skeletal remains were portions of a Victorian-era casket, including several nickel-plated handles and coffin keys.

Woodlawn Cemetery had previously existed at the location where the remains were discovered. In 1900, some graves were relocated to accommodate the construction of the Emerson School. Over time, the cemetery became overgrown and neglected. By 1931, the town of Sanford decided to relocate all of the remaining graves in order to install a playground for the adjacent elementary school. A newspaper article from 1931 reported that 72 bodies were relocated to Oakdale Cemetery, a municipal cemetery approximately a mile away. City records indicate that all 77 graves known to have existed in Woodlawn Cemetery had been moved.

No foul play is suspected – authorities believe the girl’s coffin was simply overlooked.

Estimated Age: 10

There was an update: It is strange but Mary Jensen (Ramsey County Jane Doe) has moved from Solved to Active cases on the pinned post, it is still solved according to the website.
Interestingly her Namus profile is down as well

Last edited:
There was an update: It is strange but Mary Jensen (Ramsey County Jane Doe) has moved from Solved to Active cases on the pinned post, it is still solved according to the website.
Interestingly her Namus profile is down as well
The facebook post still is dated 8/10 for me, and I didn't see a new one made.

There is un update on Woodlawn Cementery Jane Doe, a very nice and detailed article says she was of Scottish ancestry

In June, genealogists started their investigation of the Sanford case and so far the results have been “very encouraging,” Randolph said. An initial look at relative matches indicates the child had strong Scottish ancestry. Some of the relative matches were pretty close, she said, and the team is confident they will know the girl’s identity in the next few months

I am also glad that Jonespot John Doe is closed to be identified, may be the DDP will take more Maine cases after these two will be identified.

I hope there will be more identifications in August, according to the above mentioned article the DDP identified more than 90 individuals, so far 68 were announced and two John Does have their Namus profile removed (Jefferson County John Doe and Mercer Island John Doe)

Is the top match listed as 211.5cM on the spreadsheet for St. Tammany Parish John Doe (the one thought to be Middle Eastern) a mistake, or did I somehow miss a big jump in the last few weeks?

Is the top match listed as 211.5cM on the spreadsheet for St. Tammany Parish John Doe (the one thought to be Middle Eastern) a mistake, or did I somehow miss a big jump in the last few weeks?
I have mentioned it as well, amazing, but I also don’t remember seeing it before. St Tammany is of Greek Ancestry, all the last names in his list are very Greeks, and Boston where his highest match is, has a very prominent Greek community. I am kind of close to Greece, as I go there from time to time.

I have mentioned it as well, amazing, but I also don’t remember seeing it before. St Tammany is of Greek Ancestry, all the last names in his list are very Greeks, and Boston where his highest match is, has a very prominent Greek community. I am kind of close to Greece, as I go there from time to time.
Sorry, I have noticed it before not mentioned

This isn't a case I'm following. I should have a look--I'm in Boston and have acquaintances in the Greek community.

One of the Sonoma County JDs is now on the spreadsheet, Motorcycle Mountain John Doe 2001 is now active with the highest match of 187 cM

If Joan reads it, @DNA_Sleuth , Ramsey County has been identified, I think you have added it by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie