5 new cases were just added to the site:

2 from Ramsey County, Minnesota

2 from Tuscon

1 from Pinal County, Arizona

5 new cases were just added to the site:

2 from Ramsey County, Minnesota

2 from Tuscon

1 from Pinal County, Arizona

From what I understood these Does need to be ezhumed first, It can take quite some time. But maybe I am mistaken! I am happy they are taken more cases from Ramsey County and Pima County!

Interesting note from the Twitter post regarding Hispanic cases, Kings County Jane Doe, one of their oldest cases is listed saying she is likely of Latin American descent.
Interesting. I thought looking at her admixture that she was very much Native American.

Spreadsheet updates!Thank you, Joan

Dane County Chimney Doe 1989 highest match is 421.5 cM
Healdsburg Jane Doe 1983 is 63.8 cM
Levroni Road John Doe 2002 is 96 cM
Van Buren Co John Doe 1987 is 27 cM
Wohler Bridge John Doe 1994 is 478 cM

Spreadsheet updates!Thank you, Joan

Dane County Chimney Doe 1989 highest match is 421.5 cM
Healdsburg Jane Doe 1983 is 63.8 cM
Levroni Road John Doe 2002 is 96 cM
Van Buren Co John Doe 1987 is 27 cM
Wohler Bridge John Doe 1994 is 478 cM
I am glad for Dane County Chimney Doe and Wohler Bridge John Doe, it looks like these two can be identified fast (fingers crossed)

Woodlawn Cemetery Jane Doe 2017 added to the site, says 'research in progress' for her

On May 4, 2017, workers digging a waterline during the construction of a gas station and convenience store in Sanford, Maine, discovered partial skeletal remains inside of a collapsed casket. The remains included finger bones, jawbone, teeth, and ribs. Because the pelvis was missing, the gender could not be confirmed; however, the remains are believed to be those of a female child. Along with the skeletal remains were portions of a Victorian-era casket, including several nickel-plated handles and coffin keys.

Woodlawn Cemetery had previously existed at the location where the remains were discovered. In 1900, some graves were relocated to accommodate the construction of the Emerson School. Over time, the cemetery became overgrown and neglected. By 1931, the town of Sanford decided to relocate all of the remaining graves in order to install a playground for the adjacent elementary school. A newspaper article from 1931 reported that 72 bodies were relocated to Oakdale Cemetery, a municipal cemetery approximately a mile away. City records indicate that all 77 graves known to have existed in Woodlawn Cemetery had been moved.

No foul play is suspected – authorities believe the girl’s coffin was simply overlooked.

Estimated Age: 10

I have been following some that go and clean/restore gravestones from the 1800s and early 1900s in the NE (new york area). In some cases the marker's were moved, but the caskets were not to new cemeteries. They have also found headstones and such that have very little information along with few records of all them. I am wondering if this person was not "recorded" or they based on the headstones (some have been found under ground, nor not enough money for stone or taken). Hopefully they can get their name back.

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.05.36 PM.png
Now on the spreadsheet:
Leveroni John Doe, top match 96 cM
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.06.03 PM.png
Maury County Jane Doe, top match 185.8 cM
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.09.56 PM.png
Rockledge Jane Doe, new kit, top match 78.5 cM
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.10.42 PM.png
Van Buren Co John Doe, highest match 27 cM (I think he may be the lowest on the spreadsheet?)
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.11.13 PM.png
Wohler Bridge John Doe, 478 cM

"Downtown Phoenix" John Doe 2004 NAMUS page is down... no updates?
Good news! There are two more Doe whose profile was removed : Jefferson County John Doe had his Namus profile removed more than a year and a half ago, no news so far and Mercer Island John Doe’s Namus profile was removed last month.
Hopefully in this case it will be a fast announcement!

Wow, it is one of the closest reconstructions I have seen so far! Amazing job, it looked like a difficult case, but the DDP solved it. Congratulations! As far as I remember there are two more Scandinavian cases - Kenora Milly Jane Doe (Ontario, Canada) and St. Croix County Jane Doe (Wisconsin). Good luck with these two!

"Downtown Phoenix" John Doe 2004 NAMUS page is down... no updates?
Solved as per the listing on Search - UnidentifiedPersonsBureau (see screenshot below) - hopefully there'll be an update soon! Interesting as his top match on the spreadsheet is not that close. Maybe it was FTDNA that solved it, or it was matched to a missing person.

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 7.26.36 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member