DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is the right place to put this. I did a WS search with a heap of criteria but couldn't find any that fits.

WOODLAND, Calif. (KTXL) — A victim of a 1999 cold case homicide was identified by a law enforcement team that used genetic genealogy Thursday.

The victim’s remains were located on the bank of slough near Clarksburg CA, found in rural Yolo County on March 4, 1999.
Gerron Gipson, 29-years-old at the time of his death, had ties to the Sacramento area according to the Yolo County District Attorney’s Office.

“The passage of time does not mean that Gerron Gipson was ever forgotten. I am proud of the dedication and collaboration among our law enforcement partners that will make it possible to return Gerron to his loved ones and offer them some sense of closure. We will wholeheartedly support them in the coming days,” said District Attorney Jeff Reisig.

Yolo County Sheriff is encouraging anyone with information regarding this homicide to call the Sherrif's office.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Could go either way. I think the language points in the direction of an update, there's a relative of the Jane Doe in the clip but this could be like Apache Junction Jane Doe's uncle.

Right—the reference to ‘twists and turns’ sounds to me as though it’s one of those cases where finding a close relative doesn’t solve the whole family tree.

But I hope I’m wrong!

MOO

Right—the reference to ‘twists and turns’ sounds to me as though it’s one of those cases where finding a close relative doesn’t solve the whole family tree.

But I hope I’m wrong!

MOO
Sounds like it! There are two cases which despite of similar difficulties were solved (Dana Dodd aka Lavanda Doe and Kelly aka El Dorado Jane Doe),in both cases despite finding close relatives from the fathers side, it did not solve the case (unknown paternity). Unfortunately in case of Apache Junction it is even more complicated, as the father was adopted. I wonder if Mowry Jane Doe has a similar story

Last edited:
The big news! The law enforcement will hold a press conference tomorrow to announce the development in Rock County John Doe case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021