DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

*I don’t have a clue if this belongs here. It may not so…here goes anyway.

Now, Intermountain Forensics is taking on even bigger projects than before. They received a grant from the City of Tulsa last year to identify bodies of people that may have been killed during the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre.

Between May 31 and June 1, 1921, a white lynch mob attacked the Black neighborhood of Greenwood in Tulsa, Oklahoma for two days, destroying what had been dubbed Black Wall Street and killing more than 300 people. The attack had been predicated on an alleged assault against a white woman by a Black man. After a series of escalations from white residents, fthey eventually converged into Greenwood, destroying “35 square blocks of Greenwood, burning down over 1,200 homes, over 60 businesses, a school, a hospital, a public library, and a dozen churches,” according to Human Rights Watch.

Many of the victims ended up in unmarked graves, unidentified. The city of Tulsa blamed the Black community for the massacre.

It doesn't look like Intermountain Forensics or the Tulsa Massacre Victims have threads dedicated to them (that's presuming I searched right). Maybe report on your post and ask a mod to make a thread for you? DNA Doe Project and Othram and such have their own update threads, so maybe Intermountain should too. And if there are Does from the Tulsa Massacre that they're looking to ID, then those folks should definitely have a thread.

There is this interview with Margaret Press on Gedmatch (I am not sure if it is new)

There is a phrase which seems interesting:

Spread the word about our cases — some are solved through family members recognizing them on our website

I think they refer to Shirley Soosay, but I wonder if there are more cases solved this way.

Can someone link the current version of the spreadsheet please?

Im not sure if that post is pinned anymore on facebook
It is, but I don’t know why it is not shown if you open in on mobile phone, when I open the ddp facebook page on my computer, it appears as a pinned post..
Unfortunately there was no update of the spreadsheet in January, it still says next update January, 2

Last edited:

A new reconstruction and admixture chart was released of Gregg County Jane Doe by Parabon Nanolabs
Original

A new reconstruction and admixture chart was released of Gregg County Jane Doe by Parabon Nanolabs
Original
What a 180% recon change!!!!!

Much better!

It is not a reconstruction, it is a phenotype prediction, so to say how she looks according to her genetic phenotype (skin color, eyes color so on), she can look different (can have different facial features), I think in case of Philip Kahn the difference between phenotype prediction picture and a reconstruction were different. However, I saw cases where phenotype reconstruction was
very accurate

Parabon has good examples of how accurate it can be

Last edited:
Joan has updated the spreadsheet and it has a lot of new highest matches:

Chattanooga County John Doe has a new highest match of cM 508.6!!! wow, that's the highest match I have seen on the spreadsheet so far!
Jackson County Doe (possibly a transgender woman) has a new highest match of cM 303
Ventura Jane Doe (Lira Doe) has a new highest match of cM 133

New cases:
Burlington County John Doe - the highest match cM 123.8
Franklin County John Doe 2007 - the highest match cM 108.1
Naylor Road John Doe 2020 - the highest match cM 123.1

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1O2GYCflA5CpOWkp-XBHaExE6_ocVNbJN/htmlview#gid=1442094189

Chattanooga County John Doe has a new highest match of cM 508.6!!! wow, that's the highest match I have seen on the spreadsheet so far!
Jackson County Doe (possibly a transgender woman) has a new highest match of cM 303

New cases:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1O2GYCflA5CpOWkp-XBHaExE6_ocVNbJN/htmlview#gid=1442094189
Is there a 'for dummies', explain it to me like I'm five, what it all means guide to the numbers? I feel like I should learn more about what it all means, because I look at the spreadsheets, and my eyes just cross, every time. I have no idea what it all means, and I want to get excited like you all do whenever the numbers get bigger for a Doe.

New cases:

Wow. That’s excellent news.

Thank you for updating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken