DNA Information

FWIW, when forensic technicians evaluate hair samples, they can determine if they're from a 'live person,' or 'dead person.'

IMHO, they would be able to determine if hair samples were Caylee's (dna)
AND if she was alive or NOT.

JMHO
fran

you are absolutely correct!

Investigators from the sheriff's office and the FBI met with Casey Anthony on Wednesday afternoon at her attorney's office. Cindy Anthony was also there. Casey only met with investigators for about 10 minutes and said nothing when she departed. Cindy Anthony left later in the afternoon, followed by the investigators. An investigator went to the Anthony's home but only stayed for a few minutes.

from http://www.wftv.com/news/17315205/detail.html

Investigators from the sheriff's office and the FBI met with Casey Anthony on Wednesday afternoon at her attorney's office. Cindy Anthony was also there. Casey only met with investigators for about 10 minutes and said nothing when she departed. Cindy Anthony left later in the afternoon, followed by the investigators. An investigator went to the Anthony's home but only stayed for a few minutes.

I'm sure the reports are right, however, we do not know what FBI and LE talked to Casey about. It is very possible they came to her to show her the DNA evidence, or it could have been something else entirely. We just don't know yet.

FWIW, when forensic technicians evaluate hair samples, they can determine if they're from a 'live person,' or 'dead person.'

JMHO
fran

Yes, and (snipped from the news report): "Just putting the hair under the microscope, one can tell the difference between a normal hair root and one that's been infected with bacteria after death," said forensics expert Michael Baden. Baden said the inside linings of the mouth and nose release fluid when they begin to decompose. The fluid can be identified by DNA.

JMHO
fran

If it walks like a ducks ... talks like a duck ... you get the point.

Plus decomp sets in faster in heat and FL is nothing if not a HOT area in the summer. I'm sure these reports are real even though we don't have the documentation from the FBI sitting on ea of our desks. Unfortunately.

The reporter mentioned that Cindy left the attorney's office showing no obvious signs of emotion. I was noticing that too until near the end of the video it says the Anthony's are disputing the evidence??

Although I can understand where they're coming from to some extent, these people are driving me nutz. What is it they say--De-nial isn't just a river in Egypt? They aren't helping Casey holding on like this and they certainly aren't helping Caylee who deserves to be memorialized and to have the truth known and the woman who made that impossible brought to justice.

The reporter mentioned that Cindy left the attorney's office showing no obvious signs of emotion. I was noticing that too until near the end of the video it says the Anthony's are disputing the evidence??

I'm sure Cindy is heavily medicated.... and IMO them disputing the evidence
and saying that Caylee has not been found yet... typical grandma denial.
I would hate to be in her shoes and if I was I would not believe the evidence
until I knew my granddaughter had been found.
Let's face it... it's been hard for most of us here to finally hear the evidence
and give in to the fact that she is probably not alive anymore.
Some of us held out hope until the very end.
Can you imagine if it was your granddaughter?
Death effects people in different ways.
I'm like Cindy and I think I would have to actually know her body was found
before I gave up hoping she was still alive!
If you accept the evidence then you accept she is not alive and that has to
be hard for them!
JMO...

Didn't it say CASEY left the attorney's office showing no obvious signs of emotion? Not Cindy. Hummm will have to go back and watch again.:waitasec:

I really think I don't care if she does anymore. She dumped that baby in a dumpster or threw her down some watery ditch as if she were a piece of trash! I don't think she'll ever talk, so why should I care how long she breaths?

She and her family have just been told that *potentially* Caylee's decomposed DNA was in Casey's trunk! And what do they all say?? Oh well, "Caylee hasn't been found." Yeah. *(&)% U 2.

I'm sorry, but the finality of the last month is setting in with me.
I'm feeling your pain. My mind can't accept it all right now...too heartwrenching. I do not care one iota for Casey. I give her the same consideration she gives her child.

...and didn't we discuss how LE would notify family members if they believed Caylee had died. I think they went to the home to tell other family members as well.

I think I'm confused -- towards the end of that video link (posted in the opening post of this thread) did the reporter say that earlier reports about gasses being found are not accurate?

Just because some intern on some internet 'news' site happens to type in the letters F B I, does not mean that the FBI have released any information or issued any statements. In fact, there have been no official statements released about Caylee's DNA, immunity, etc. Here's Patty G's quote from tonight's Nancy G thread. I have a great deal of respect for Patty, and I agree 100% with her regarding the lack of responsible journalism in our country today.

All I want to hear from LE, State Attorney or Baez with their actual lips moving about the immunity deal to confirm this and not from an article online.

Dwell in peace, Caylee

He will raise you up on eagles' wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun
And hold you in the palm of his hand.

(From On Eagles Wings and song of worship)

Dear precious baby girl Caylee. Through my tears, my heart aches for what has happened. I didn't want to believe it, I still don't want to believe it, but I know it's true. Caylee, sweet angel, we all love you, and even though we have never met you, we love you like our own. Your mother will pay dearly for what's she's done to you, have no fear little one.

Little angle in heaven...
:praying: for Caylee

I think I'm confused -- towards the end of that video link (posted in the opening post of this thread) did the reporter say that earlier reports about gasses being found are not accurate?
I heard that too.

Just because some intern on some internet 'news' site happens to type in the letters F B I, does not mean that the FBI have released any information or issued any statements. In fact, there have been no official statements released about Caylee's DNA, immunity, etc. Here's Patty G's quote from tonight's Nancy G thread. I have a great deal of respect for Patty, and I agree 100% with her regarding the lack of responsible journalism in our country today.
My gosh the media makes errors in their reporting all the time. I am forever hearing them report things on this case that were goofy rumors that were squashed, yet our news is still reporting them as fact.

I am anxious to see if this is all officially confirmed or not.

I wonder then if the FBI or other authorities will release a statement saying these various reports are untrue/have not been released or confirmed. That would settle the matter if they did.

My gosh the media makes errors in their reporting all the time. I am forever hearing them report things on this case that were goofy rumors that were squashed, yet our news is still reporting them as fact.

I am anxious to see if this is all officially confirmed or not.
Ditto...but I wonder if that is just me not being able to accept that this precious child is no longer with us.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back