Do the comments about Kyron being alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be murder without premeditation, second degree, etc...but that would be sorted out later if and when they determine what actually happened. It seems as though they are trying for premeditation though, with all of these details.

I still find it impossible to believe that Terri had made a plan to kill Kyron. If she did that, I do think she would have to be insane. I do think it is possible, even likely, that Kyron was killed during the commission of some other nefarious plan.

With that, I am taking a break from this case until there is some news. I won't stop thinking about it though, it is impossible not to.

It could be murder without premeditation, second degree, etc...but that would be sorted out later if and when they determine what actually happened. It seems as though they are trying for premeditation though, with all of these details.

I still find it impossible to believe that Terri had made a plan to kill Kyron. If she did that, I do think she would have to be insane. I do think it is possible, even likely, that Kyron was killed during the commission of some other nefarious plan.

With that, I am taking a break from this case until there is some news. I won't stop thinking about it though, it is impossible not to.

Well, it does appear she was making plans to kill Kaine so I would have to say, shes crazy, and capable of killing Kyron. And if it pans out she told that teacher he had a doctors appointment, it just screams premeditation.

I think the walls are closing in, I hope Terri is enjoying her role in her real life CSI story.

jmo

you're right- the premeditated goes to 1st degree, 2nd degree, etc...I had forgotten that...I agree (as usual) with all you say (except the fence-sitting which you didn't mention, lol) and I keep saying I'm going to take a break, too...like i did with a certain case in peru- but this one keeps pulling me back in...this press conference and you have given me new resolve...(I hope) to just wait until there's some real news...thanks!

There certainly seems to be no urgency in finding him on the part of LE, no mention of "bringing him home safely (or otherwise for that matter)."

I firmly believe now that TH was involved with Kyron's disappearance. But I'm still not sure she harmed him.
This idea just came to me, maybe someone else has put it out there.

What if TH knew that divorce was imminent? After all, we certainly know that SHE wasn't happy in that marriage. What if her taking Kyron had nothing to do with wanting to hurt KH, but everything about her not wanting to give up Kyron. She raised him since he was 2 years old, she was more his mother than his stepmother. And from what everyone is saying, she was a good one. One source earlier on was saying how much she loved Kyron and how much Kyron loved her. (I think it was someone from the PTA or another classmate's mother. ) Would she try to make him "disappear" so that they could eventually reunite, relocated far away somewhere once the divorce was over. Is that possibly what DY is referring to as "stashed" him somewhere? I could see how and why a friend would help her do something like this waaaaaaay more than I could see how and why a friend would help her murder her kid; especially if, true or not, TH was telling tales about KH and their home life being miserable.

Just thinking.

Well, it does appear she was making plans to kill Kaine so I would have to say, shes crazy, and capable of killing Kyron. And if it pans out she told that teacher he had a doctors appointment, it just screams premeditation.

I think the walls are closing in, I hope Terri is enjoying her role in her real life CSI story.

jmo

The fact that sticks in my mind is that TH was trying to hire someone to kill Kaine. Apparently, she felt she couldn't do it herself and needed someone else to do the dirty work.

If that's the case, it seems unlikely she could muster up the guts to kill Kyron. Nor do I think she could find anyone else to do it for her, not for any amount of money. For those reasons, I still hold out hope that Kyron was kidnapped and stashed with someone, to punish Kaine.

the way the guy responded to the question about KY being alive was very quick and not forced. It rung in my ears as of course we think he is alive. People hear and see things so different though. I saw no doubt from him. That is just my take. I think the baby is alive. Dont know how or where.

hope that Kyron was kidnapped and stashed with someone, to punish Kaine.

I'm sure you're in good company. I remember when there were a significant number of folks believing and praying that Caylee was being held by a non-existent nanny for ransom or to get back at Cindy Anthony.

I doubt anyone would hold onto a little boy, who is the subject of a national search, with media focused so heavily, as a favor for anyone. And I doubt that TH could have come up with enough money to pay off these mystery people to do such a deed, if in fact anyone would ever agree to do this. And, if someone 'holding' Kyron thought they were protecting him from some kind of evil and they were doing this to save him, they would surely know by now that is not the case and they wouldn't continue hiding him.

No, sorry to say that no one is holding Kyron and planning to return him, alive, at some point. Kyron is very likely deceased and dumped or buried, and has been from June 4th. This case is also nothing like the Elizabeth Smart case either.

It rung in my ears as of course we think he is alive.

Except that's not what LE is saying. They have been consistent in their quote on this, "We have no evidence to suggest that Kyron isn't alive."

Big Difference.

Huge Difference.

I think that's just routine LE speak....look at their actions and the searches, does that say they think he's alive? Everyone wants to believe he is, but you have to be realistic about what has probably happened to Kyron, it's ugly, it's heartbreaking and not 1 other child should have to go through it...but just look how many have disappeared since he did. The world sucks sometimes.

IMO, I think sadly you are correct

I don't think that Terri loved Kyron as much as she led people on to believe. Notice how she picked "notables" such as the PTA leader to stage her loving mommy scenarios. Terri chose to "know" people who would remember her for her good mommy, generous volunteer work in the classrooms. I believe she has practiced "knowing the right people" for a good portion of her life. She didn't mind using people as long as it helped her to meet her goals. I believe that she planned and carried out the total elimination of Kyron that morning of the Science Fair when it was chaotic at the school. And she is not brilliant, but I would not expect her to stop and buy rope, tape, gloves and trash bags, and possibly a trash container, on that very morning.

IMO

i would have to say, at this point, that this is a custodial interference case. With the absence of forensics, a body, or anything that would point to Kyron being deceased, what else do they have?

Just my opinion.

MOO

Mel

i would have to say, at this point, that this is a custodial interference case. With the absence of forensics, a body, or anything that would point to Kyron being deceased, what else do they have?

Just my opinion.

MOO

Mel

I don't think we have any idea what they have. That's just MOO. They generally have WAY more than we ever hear about.

As time marches on, I am growing weary of the possibility that Kyron is still alive, but without evidence to suggest otherwise, I remain hopeful. I don't particularly care for the word "stashed" with regard to the welfare of a child, but it's possible that Kyron is with people who are caring for him and keeping him happy. This is a bright little fellow, though, and eventually he would be inquiring about his family and when he will see them again. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that aspect of a situation in which Kyron is being held captive, for lack of a better word. jmo

What they are saying behind the doors to the GJ is not what they are saying in public, they don't want to tip their hat until they have to. They can charge her with murder without a body, sure it's harder to prove, but it is done.

I respectfully disagree. I don't think a DA will ask for an indictment of murder when there is no evidence to indicate a person is dead. Generally, LE doesn't talk out of both sides of their mouth. That would create quite a stir with the public and would make all of them look bad. They want to keep the public's trust, so that they will cooperate.

A body is not the only indication of a death. As a few of us have said repeatedly, yes... they do try cases without a body... but not without some other proof of a murder. They cannot try a murder case with NOTHING.

I feel like the GJ is for lesser charges... the MFH, or kidnapping, something like that. It might help the case to charge Terri for something else and while she's in jail, she might crack. That's been done before.

I don't think we have any idea what they have. That's just MOO. They generally have WAY more than we ever hear about.

And sometimes they don't. Apparently, in this case they do not have much of anything, and definitely not pointing to a murder.

I'm sure you're in good company. I remember when there were a significant number of folks believing and praying that Caylee was being held by a non-existent nanny for ransom or to get back at Cindy Anthony.

I doubt anyone would hold onto a little boy, who is the subject of a national search, with media focused so heavily, as a favor for anyone. And I doubt that TH could have come up with enough money to pay off these mystery people to do such a deed, if in fact anyone would ever agree to do this. And, if someone 'holding' Kyron thought they were protecting him from some kind of evil and they were doing this to save him, they would surely know by now that is not the case and they wouldn't continue hiding him.

No, sorry to say that no one is holding Kyron and planning to return him, alive, at some point. Kyron is very likely deceased and dumped or buried, and has been from June 4th. This case is also nothing like the Elizabeth Smart case either.

Except that's not what LE is saying. They have been consistent in their quote on this, "We have no evidence to suggest that Kyron isn't alive."

Big Difference.

Huge Difference.

Given the news that DDS was absent from her workplace much earlier in the day (10 am?), it appears more likely she would be an accessory to a possible murder. Its difficult to believe TH could have convinced her there was some sort of "accident" with a narrowing window of opportunity in the timeline of both women that morning. :waitasec:

MOO

It didn't take them long to say they thought Sylar was dead..and I don't think it took them very long to say Caylee was dead, either...just saying..

Unless they're saying it in the hopes of buying more time or for fear of someone running or....

It could be custodial interference, like in the Baby Gabriel case. They don't know where Kyron is or whether he is alive - no proof of death - they are praying he is still alive, so they try to get a conviction on what they can prove. They keep working the case in the meantime to find out where Kyron is and hope that time in jail will cause pressure on people who are involved.
casey's case is somewhat similar. They arrested her for check fraud while they built their case. The Haleigh Cummings case is another example.
Unfortunately, I don't know that arresting someone is enough to cause them to confess. It has not worked in any of the three cases I cited above.
Nevertheless, it is a shot and it gives the public satisfaction that something is happening while they continue to try to find the missing kids. That part did work in Caylee's case.

Good examples. Thanks for such a thoughtful post. The most frustrating missing persons cases are those in which LE , through circumstantial evidence, can reasonably conclude that the missing person is dead and that their suspect is the perpetrator--but there is no body and no crime scene. What LE has managed to do in all three of these cases is get the suspects off the street, and potentially, in prison. Casey Anthony was jailed on the check charges, and once Caylee's body was found, she was charged with murder. In Haleigh's case, they have the two suspects who have implicated themselves and each other, Misty and Tommy, going to prison on drug charges. Two other popular suspects on WS are Ron C., the natural father, or the Croslin cousin who has been implicated by Misty and Tommy). One of them is off the board on drug charges and the other will end up in prison at some point unless he has some sort of "Paul on the Road to Damascus" epiphany. The custodial interference charge in the Baby Gabriel case is genius, as it caught both the mother and the wannabe adoptive mother.

While it's frustrating not to know exactly what happened, at least these people aren't running around with no consequences for what they have done. And while they sit in prison, LE can keep an investigation going on a low burner until either a living child or a body is found--because there is no statute of limitation on murder or for kidnapping in most states.

Oh, and Billylee, your theory works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy