Do You Think Susan Will Ever Be Found?

Do You Think Susan Will Be Found?

• Yes

Votes: 287 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 203 41.4%

• Total voters
I joined your forum today, so far I love it. I follow a lot of different cases, I DVR Nancy Grace every night and seem to get all wrapped up in these cases. My friends/family aren't really interested so it's great for me to have a place to go to discuss some of the stuff going on. A few weeks ago Nancy Grace had a story about remains being found in the Susan Powell area, I think she hasn't re-visited it b/c of the Casey Anthony case. Does anybody know the outcome of those remains? It must not have been Susan Powell so who was it? Was there anybody else missing in that area?

I joined your forum today, so far I love it. I follow a lot of different cases, I DVR Nancy Grace every night and seem to get all wrapped up in these cases. My friends/family aren't really interested so it's great for me to have a place to go to discuss some of the stuff going on. A few weeks ago Nancy Grace had a story about remains being found in the Susan Powell area, I think she hasn't re-visited it b/c of the Casey Anthony case. Does anybody know the outcome of those remains? It must not have been Susan Powell so who was it? Was there anybody else missing in that area?

Hi and welcome to WS.
We have not, as far as I know, heard anything about the remains other than that they are male, and there seems to be several males missing in the general area...
The cases here are discussed in-depth and there are a lot of really smart and experienced posters here...

As far as Susan ever being found, I fear she won't be, if in fact she was put into one of the apparently thousands of mines, as has been suggested.

I voted NO, I do not think they will find her remains, however I hope they do for her family's sake. When I say family I mean her parents, her sons and her siblings if she had any. I am NOT referring to her husband.

if in fact she was put into one of the apparently thousands of mines, as has been suggested.

That is what I am scared of too .
I do not understand how he husband could just walk away . With the kids in tow without really ever explaining anything .
His story REEKS

Given SP's constant ability to be so cocky - such as his latest claim of posting Susan's private journals - I have finally come to the conclusion that this was likely planned for quite some time. Unfortunately, I think that she was hidden well, and will likely never be found.

If she is found, we have the nightmare of trying to convict JP after so long. After watching the outcome of the Anthony trial, it is obvious that a body that has decayed too long can leave the LE with no cause of death; and with evidence obviously disappearing over time. :(

Where is Susan?!

Given SP's constant ability to be so cocky - such as his latest claim of posting Susan's private journals - I have finally come to the conclusion that this was likely planned for quite some time. Unfortunately, I think that she was hidden well, and will likely never be found.

If she is found, we have the nightmare of trying to convict JP after so long. After watching the outcome of the Anthony trial, it is obvious that a body that has decayed too long can leave the LE with no cause of death; and with evidence obviously disappearing over time. :(

Where is Susan?!

I have always hoped that Susan's remains would be found but now, I'm not so sure.

I think that most of us who have followed this case would agree that it wasn't the "butler", it was a pathetic cowardly little man named Joshua Powell.

Will she be found? Maybe, maybe not. But if she is, and considering the results of the Casey Anthony trial, will it matter in the end? Don't get me wrong; I think he is guilty, guilty.

It's unlikely the remains would provide any substantial evidence after this time. At least it would prove she didn't walk away, but still no forensic evidence. I would be surprised to see anything that pointed directly to him, which apparently, juries seem to need these days.

My opinion and sarcasm only.

Sorry, folks. Didn't mean to stop the conversation. Just frustrated all around.

Sorry, folks. Didn't mean to stop the conversation. Just frustrated all around.

diphi, you're not the only one who's frustrated. The fact that the snivelers Sr & Jr are planning to publish Susan's journals makes me :sick:

I guess they're looking for another 5 min of media attention :banghead:

I voted NO, I do not think they will find her remains, however I hope they do for her family's sake. When I say family I mean her parents, her sons and her siblings if she had any. I am NOT referring to her husband.

I want Susan found so bad -- along with Kyron, Haleigh, and Hayley (along with so many others).

I think at least 1 of the 4 will be found at some point. I can only continue to pray.

MOO

Mel

There is no statute of limitations for murder in any US state. There's a reason that there is no statute of limitations for murder in any US state. Murder is a heinous crime. It's we the people vs. the criminal, and waiting. As long as it takes.

There is no statute of limitations for murder in any US state. There's a reason that there is no statute of limitations for murder in any US state. Murder is a heinous crime. It's we the people vs. the criminal, and waiting. As long as it takes.

As long as it takes, yes :censored:

I voted No but do hope she is found safe & alive.

I have waivered between her being murdered by Josh & now his father (since all the craziness has come out in the MSM) and being kept somewhere ALIVE by Josh's father. I just pray she is found & her family can be at peace.

maybe and maybe not, and if so could be a long time from now. best not hold our breaths.

I feel she will be found in time --- no matter how long it takes. In the meantime, I hope that they come up with enough evidence to arrest Josh and are able to charge him with murder even though no body is yet found.

I'm iffy about it. The desert doesn't give things up easily.

Still, there are hikers and cavers and all sorts of people wandering around out there. Who knows if someone will stumble across something.

I didn't vote because there wasn't a don't know option there.

If Susan hasn't already been found (Ely search of mines possibly after she was found, searched for evidence) then Susan will be found eventually. jmo

The earth isn't that big nor our time when you think about it.

I'm iffy about it. The desert doesn't give things up easily.

Still, there are hikers and cavers and all sorts of people wandering around out there. Who knows if someone will stumble across something.

I didn't vote because there wasn't a don't know option there.

So true. Many dumped bodies have been found by hikers -- used to happen all the time in NY state in the mountains near where I lived. It was the dumping ground for bodies killed in NJ and NYC, and hikers were the ones who found them all. Hikers also found Chandra Levy's skull and most of the body of Lacy Peterson and all of her infant. Someone will come upon something hidden at some point. The earth reveals all its hidden secrets in due time.

If indeed an abandoned mine was used to hide Susan's body, then no, I don't believe she will be found...there are simply too many out in the desert areas and in too many varied locations. Many thousands of missing people are never found, unfortunately. Even now, with so many advanced resources (GPS, cell pings, etc.) LE seems so often to face stumbling blocks as criminals keep up with technology, learning to disable devices, etc...just as they have learned to wear gloves, wipe down prints, etc...

It becomes so disheartening when remains are found near an area where you know there is a missing person, and it turns out to be someone that wasn't even listed officially as missing...I hate to think how many bodies are out there, in our waterways and on or under land...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back