Do you trust this jury?

This thread has me worried...:panic:....It only takes one!

You are so right!...This is my fear...iam sure we all know several people like that...just LOVE to disagree just for the sake of it!:maddening:

Exactly! We see them right here on WS. People who come here with next to no knowlege of the case, and start arguing on behalf of ICA, or bragging on what a good job Jose does, when they haven't even followed it. Those same people no doubt go on Christian forums to argue there is no God, and then on athiest forums to argue there is a God. Just contrary!

I am worried about #4...is it possible that if she finds she just cannot make a decision, can she ask to be let go and be replaced with an alternate? If that is the case, I hope she is selfless enough to do so.

Well Nancy Grace just dropped bombshell on twitter so it is possible that #2 and #4 could both be an issue.

TeamNancyHLN
Juror 2: During jury selection, said he could not find someone guilty. Will he hold up the process in the #CaseyAnthony deliberations? #HLN

Respectfully, this sounds like nonsense.

1. How could Nancy Grace POSSIBLY know what the jury is discussing? If she did, this in itself would pretty much invalidate the trial. The judge doesn't know what they are discussing, nor do either sides attornies, yet we are to believe that she does?

2. It is extremely hard go believe that anyone who outright said that they would NOT find someone guilty would even wind up on a jury. Nor was there any suggestion that this was the case in the month and a half leading up to this point.

I was the foreperson for a hung jury many years ago. Robbery/kidnap case. Not a high profile case, but well-known locally. Deliberated three days. We all wanted to do the right thing, but one lady thought the right thing was different than the other 11 of us.

Exactly! We see them right here on WS. People who come here with next to no knowlege of the case, and start arguing on behalf of ICA, or bragging on what a good job Jose does, when they haven't even followed it. Those same people no doubt go on Christian forums to argue there is no God, and then on athiest forums to argue there is a God. Just contrary!

And yet these jury members DO know the case, and likely better than anyone here. They might not know as much about ICA but they do know the case they were presented.

I am not really concerned that some entered the trial with some opinion or other based on news reports they might have seen. Their job is to disregard that, and I suspect that it is not really that difficult to do. Why would someone place more emphasis on a barely remembered media story than they place on the expret sitting ten feet away?

I trust the jury.
They are people just like you and me.
They have been given a huge responsibility.
I believe that after all is considered they will make the decision that all of them agree on.
If their opinion does not agree with mine...I will have to deal with it.

Respectfully, this sounds like nonsense.

1. How could Nancy Grace POSSIBLY know what the jury is discussing? If she did, this in itself would pretty much invalidate the trial. The judge doesn't know what they are discussing, nor do either sides attornies, yet we are to believe that she does?

2. It is extremely hard go believe that anyone who outright said that they would NOT find someone guilty would even wind up on a jury. Nor was there any suggestion that this was the case in the month and a half leading up to this point.

Did you watch Jury selection? There were a couple of Jurors that we are all very nervous about....#4 being the worst IMO.

No. Juror #4 was a gift to the defense.
HHJP showed bias when he insisted she be on the Jury because of some spurious claim of racism from CM.
CM played him..

I agree. I also thought that all the Jurors had to be death qualified. Yet, there were a few that seemed on the fence.

I think lots of people would not want to be on a trial such as this, especially knowing they were going to another county and being sequestered for several weeks or months. They would give any reason to not be picked. I have faith that ALL these jurors will do the right thing and find her guilty as charged on the indictment.
I have faith JA, LD-B and FG, ALL combined, did a good job showing the evidence speaks for itself, and the jurors will do the right thing as well.
Justice for Caylee

I trust this jury will find her guilty of first degree. I would not want to serve on this jury and I would have plainly stated she is guilty and I have been following this case (which is the truth) had I been called. No way do I want to ever be away from home for this many weeks to serve on a jury.

I really really want to trust this jury..BUT..there is nowt as strange as folk..as the old saying goes.

There are people out there...some on a disney forum I post on...who actually feel sorry for CAsey!!!!:maddening:

There are people out there who actually send Casey fan mail and money...:maddening:

there are people out there who are very dim and have no commen sense.

there are people out there who just LOVE to be contrary and contraversial:maddening:

We have to hope and pray that none of the above got onto that jury!

Don't forget the young twenty-something guy who flipped the bird at Ashton. He could have been one of Casey's fans. I hope that there aren't any fans on the jury.

I served on a triple murder/sequestered jury that resulted in 3 death sentences and 2 life sentences. What I experienced with one or two of the jurors during deliberations was disgusting.

It sometimes takes a very strong or diplomatic, persuasive personality to ensure that a hung jury isn't caused by a juror, who for example says "..I know he killed 3 people and left 2 others for dead, in a $400 robbery, but I can't vote to convict him because he's . . . cute."

I didn't follow the Scott Peterson trial.

My question to those of you that did are:
* what are the similiarities compared to ICA trial
* what about the jury , any juror that you were concerned with
* how much circumstantial evidence was there compared to ICA
* how long did it take the jury to reach a verdict

TIA

About juror 4...

I don't get why everyone is fretting over her. The most judgmental people I've ever met in my life are people who say "It's not my place to judge."

Having #4 included because of race has always bothered me, after she said she can't judge someone. She should have been tossed because of that.

ITA. The case does not have a racial element, therefore having a racially mixed jury was not necessary. When juror #4 stated that she believed only god can judge a person's guilt, she should have been removed. Humans are not omniscient and juries are made up of humans, not gods, who must weigh the evidence. Frankly, she has no business being on a jury, racial element or not. MOO, JMHO, OMO, etc.

I trust the jury will do the right thing, and realize the State did absolutely nothing to prove Casey was the one responsible for Caylee's death.

i don't trust or not trust any jury. I do, however, see a hung jury.

And there are people out there who believe Casey Anthony is innocent until proven guilty.

And there are people out there who believe Casey Anthony was not proven guilty by the State.

And there are people out there who are intelligent and have lot's of common sense who believe the above.

The only thing the STATE proved was Casey wwas guilty of lying to law enforcement.

I really really want to trust this jury..BUT..there is nowt as strange as folk..as the old saying goes.

There are people out there...some on a disney forum I post on...who actually feel sorry for CAsey!!!!:maddening:

There are people out there who actually send Casey fan mail and money...:maddening:

there are people out there who are very dim and have no commen sense.

there are people out there who just LOVE to be contrary and contraversial:maddening:

We have to hope and pray that none of the above got onto that jury!

I trust the jury will do the right thing, and realize the State did absolutely nothing to prove Casey was the one responsible for Caylee's death.

Who do you think did it? Why do you think Casey acted as she did? Have you followed this case?

Did you watch Jury selection? There were a couple of Jurors that we are all very nervous about....#4 being the worst IMO.

No, but I have every confidence in the prosecution team.

I am not saying 'Dont be nervous!' Be as nervous as you like, but I believe in our system. It is supposed to be tough to get a conviction, and it is. I am untroubled by people who say that they are uncomfortable with the idea of sending someone away forever, they SHOULD be. I suspect that anyone who denies feeling this way when put on the spot is either putting on a brave front or no one you would actually want on a jury.

I have been in this position myself where I faced making life or death decisions involving other people (not on a jury however). It is all well and good to say 'I would do this or that' from the comfort of the coffee shop, it is easy to mean it with absolute certainty, but when it comes down to it it's tough. Some folks are not afraid to admit this openly, but I believe we can still trust them to do their best.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back