Does Anybody On Websleuths Have A Murdered Family Member?

Discussion in 'PODCAST ROW' started by morf13, Jun 6, 2018.

1. morf13

morf13 Ver. Insider Golden State Killer & Zodiac Killer

I'd like to cover the Henry/Atkinson murders on the podcast, but haven't had any interest from family members

2. Ohio Mysteries

Ohio Mysteries Active Member

Just listened to a couple. Well done!

3. morf13

Thank you!

Flicka1 and Choochoobella like this.
  4. azsnow

azsnow New Member

My brother was murdered in Mexico in May, 2017. I traveled down to recover his body.

5. morf13

Sorry to hear

6. flute4peace

flute4peace Well-Known Member

Did you end up doing an episode on this story? It sounds just heartbreaking. As a family member of a homicide victim I want to say thank you for giving voice to those left behind.

Luckyzmom, Wild Rose, Flicka1 and 4 others like this.
  7. morf13

Which one?

8. flute4peace

Oh sorry, that would have been helpful information. The family that was killed, mentioned on page one of this thread. Here’s the link to the news article that the family member shared.
    Murder-Arson Spree Leaves 5 Dead in Schenectady Area

9. morf13

No, nothing

10. ATG1220

ATG1220 Member

I am a member of Andy's family in North Carolina. My husband is Andy's cousins - but at only 18 months apart they were more like brothers and inseparable. I have not been on here in a month or so. I had not seen this request or thread until this morning. I will reach out to Garland, Andy's dad today and give him your contact information and a link so he can listen to the archived podcasts.

Below is you tube link from an interview he did on Tuesday, May 21st, 2019 with Insight Network regarding Cheryl & Andy's case and the need for more transparency from the Houston PD on the DNA being sent for further testing.

11. flute4peace

I’m not sure why but I didn’t have this in my subscription list. Fixed that and going to binge on old episodes this week.

Flicka1 and inmyhumbleopinion like this.
  12. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

I'm terribly sorry for your losses. The pain, I can't even imagine!

13. REVAMP

REVAMP New Member

MACK WATKINS – Murdered in 1971
    Suspect may be from Illinois

We are asking for any and all help. Please share and help us get the word out.

On October 29, 1971, 56-year-old Mack Watkins from Seminole, Oklahoma, left Little Rock, Arkansas, in his bright orange pickup after completing roofing jobs. He picked up hitchhikers, a male and a female, between Morrilton, Arkansas, and Russellville, Arkansas, on Interstate Highway 40 westbound.

Mack, his son, and step-son continued with the two hitchhikers in the bed of his truck. Mack was discovered the next morning, stabbed and deceased along IH-40 near the Sallisaw, Oklahoma, rest area. Mack had been robbed and his truck later was found abandoned in the Oklahoma City area.

The first hitchhiker was described as male; in his 20s; wearing long, red hair; a bushy mustache; showing a deformed right hand that appeared to be from a birth defect; and the word LOVE tattooed on his left hand. The male may have had possession of an Illinois driver’s license with a possible date of birth of 1944 and some type of disability or welfare card issued to him.

The female was described as approximately 18 years of age; brown or blonde hair; possible tattoo or birthmark on one of her ankles. Witnesses described both the man and woman dressed as hippies.

These two individuals are wanted for questioning by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

If you have knowledge of either of these subjects, or the description suggests someone you know or have known, please come forward to law enforcement. Surviving family members need answers and closure about their loved one – Mack Watkins.

CONTACT OSBI at (800) 522-8017

Thank You,

Remember Every Victim and Missing Persons

Crime Victim Advocates and resources

3610 Towson Ave, Suite 3

Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901

(479) 997-5490

www.remembereveryvictim.com

14. billthom56

billthom56 Verified Insider - Colonial Parkway Murders

OK, the "Lover's Lane Murders" limited television series covering the Colonial Parkway Murders is moving forward!

Title: "Lover's Lane Murders"

Subject: A deep dive into the unsolved the Colonial Parkway Murders

Date: Monday, February 8 and Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Time: TBA

Network: Oxygen

Episodes: Four hour-long shows, two episodes each night

Producers: Texas Crew Productions (Austin, TX) and XG Productions (Los Angeles, CA)

Featuring: Former FBI profiler Jim Clemente, former FBI agent Maureen O'Connell, former prosecutor Loni Coombs, and forensic expert Laura Pettler
    With interviews with Colonial Parkway Murders family members, former FBI and Virginia State Police investigators, reporters and journalists who have covered the case over 34 years.

The Colonial Parkway Murders refers to four unsolved double homicides of young couples who were murdered in lover's lanes in and around Williamsburg, Virginia from 1986 to 1989.
    Victims include Cathy Thomas and Rebecca Dowski in October 1986, Robin Edwards and David Knobling in September 1987, Keith Call and Cassandra Hailey missing and assumed murdered in April 1988, and Annamaria Phelps and Daniel Lauer in September 1989.

Thomas/Dowski and Call/Hailey are handled by the FBI Newport News office, and Edwards/Knobling and Phelps/Lauer are handled by the Virginia State Police.

####

Thanks.

Bill Thomas
    Brother of Cathy Thomas
    Colonial Parkway Murders

15. billthom56

billthom56 Verified Insider - Colonial Parkway Murders

At long last, the "Lover's Lane Murders" true crime TV series covering the Colonial Parkway Murders is coming to the Oxygen Network

Note the new date: Friday, February 12 and Saturday, February 13 at 9:00 pm.

Two one hour episodes each night.

#LoversLaneMurders #ColonialParkwayMurders #Oxygen

Lovers' Lane Murders Sets Out to Solve the Infamous Colonial Parkway Murders - E! Online

Thanks.

Bill Thomas, Brother of Cathy Thomas, Colonial Parkway Murders

16. Panhypopit

Panhypopit Well-Known Member