Does JB Believe the Story he is Telling? *MERGED*

I do not think Jose has logical thinking ability. Great attorneys are able to weave a tale that at least has believability, in some way. He lacks the oratory skills of say a Mark Geragos. He also lacks likability. He comes across very amateurish.

I don't think he'll be viewed as a great defense attorney, even if KC gets LWOP instead of the DP. He is what he is.

He might write a book, just like the Anthony's might, but will they sell? Only if they are truthful. IMO

I think Jose Baez knows that there is something really wrong with his client, and she was not just "born that way"

jmo
Yes, you have a point there. Casey Anthony is not a normal person. This leads you (or jurors) to wonder, "What happened to make her this way?" and to recall that Baez said, "The apple does not fall far from the tree". I for one do not believe in "the bad seed". Everyone I ever met who seemed to be one, ended up being someone with weird or somehow abusive parents.

He must know what a liar she is by now. I don't believe for one minute that he believes the hogwash he's telling the jury. IMO if it's fame and reputation he's after, he should quit and declare what a liar she is. That would bump him up a notch or two in my eyes.

What I don't get is if JB knows it's insane for someone to not call 911 immediately when their child drowns, gets kidnapped whatever then why did he not use an insanity defense or fight more vigorously to keep the testimony of his mental health experts in?

I feel AL's input formed the basis of JB's opening statement. He did what he was told.

Yes, you have a point there. Casey Anthony is not a normal person. This leads you (or jurors) to wonder, "What happened to make her this way?" and to recall that Baez said, "The apple does not fall far from the tree". I for one do not believe in "the bad seed". Everyone I ever met who seemed to be one, ended up being someone with weird or somehow abusive parents.
The percentage of normal people in prisons is probably around 0%. I don't really wonder how she got damaged nor do I believe a jury will. Nature, nurture or a little of both makes no difference to me. Her parents aren't on trial. Actually they are but that's due to an outrageous defense and not based on evidence.

I think in 100 years we'll know where the sociopath gene is and understand what went wrong with ICA. Until then I don't think its fair to blame her parents. She's an adult and was a Mother. As horrific as she may think her childhhod was, she emerged alive. Caylee didn't.

It doesn't matter what Baez believes. It matters only what the jury will believe. I think if Baez had just brought up the sexual abuse and offered the theory that Caylee drowned without throwing George into it, they might have bought it. He does not have to prove it, all he has to do is create reasonable doubt. And it only takes one juror to buy his story.

I think with all the other evidence, though, that's not going to happen.

Agreed, TxLady... I think she might have had a chance if he'd kept it simpler. Just admit that she was negligent and kept texting all the while Caylee drowned or suffocated herself with duct tape or whatever, and do not attempt to involve several different people in improbable scenarios, the exact details of which we may never know. As it is now, the jury is required to believe ten impossible things before breakfast, and so is JB if he believes this story. He doesn't, IMO.

if you notice during baez' opening statement when he starts with the sexual abuse, cheny says something to lawyer next to kc and then the lawyer passes the tissues and KC shakes her head yes -- when baez mentions the abuse kc starts to cry with tissue but you don't see tears and cheney leans over and when he puls back he puts his hands over his face and kc slightly does the same. Imo, he is telling kc to cry and use the tissues and then he says to her cover your face. my keyboard is on its lat legs. Cheney and Baez know this is a lie this story and cheney has to tell his client to cry can cover your face. This all happens about a quarter of theway through baez' opening statements. it is very revealing.,

There had to be a better story and way to tell that story than saying the P word right?
I was ready to get sick to my stomach and after I got over that ,I had nothing but
dusgust for the story ,and the delivery of it.

I think he did believe it, at first. At some point he realized that ICA was feeding him a line of bull, but, he was already building his defense <cough> around it so he went with it, anyway.

MOO

no, he doesn't believe it for one second, he doesn't have to believe it... his job is to make sure that the jury believes it!

and on that note, i wish all the lawyers who defend the child molesters, rapists, murderers, and so on, would buy property next to their homes (if their clients are found not guilty of course) and let their "lovely" clients live next door! It infuriates me that their win means we are stuck with these sicko's in our neighborhoods!

I don't think JB believes the story.
He read the reports from the psychiatrists and dropped them like hot potatoes!

Lippman has also seen the reports and said that ICA is deeply disturbed. Maybe there was something bad enough in those reports to scare the Anthony family into reality.
jmo

ETA: At the bail hearing, I think, Strickland read the initial psyc report and found it very disturbing.

I did not know that Lippman had seen the reports and stated that ICA was deeply disturbed. Can someone direct me to a link or something? Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back