does JB really think he can get an acquittal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AliVada
I hate the florida sunshine laws and that so many have seen the discovery. it could spell disaster in the long run.

kathy

The Fla Sunshine Laws have issue but we have learned so much and you yourself have been privy to the info they have provided...

Florida began its tradition of openness back in 1909 with the passage of what has come to be known as the "Public Records Law," Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes.

I am grateful for MY WONDERFUL STATE and its SUNSHINE LAW

I don't believe JB thinks he can get an acquittal, I believe he will see this as a win if ICA gets LWOP. I personally feel there is a strong chance of that being the reality we see. I would feel justice was served with LWOP.

Have to be honest though I thought that the title of this thread was a good one at four words in.... j/k (kinda, well somewhat, there have been moments.. no hours..errr well days ackk I'll just leave it at that lol)

BBM

I have to disagree with this statement. This is completely inaccurate.

Through evidence that will be heard at this trial, it is a proven fact that there was something decomposing in Casey Marie Anthony's trunk. Air samples that will be heard by the jury proves this. Canine dogs prove this. Casey's text messages about something dead definitely being plastered to her car, shows that even Casey herself smelled decomposition.

What PROVES that the decomposition taking place in the trunk of Casey's car was not only human, but Caylee Marie Anthony's decomposing body is the piece of hair... that can only be linked to the women in the Anthony women that has a post mortem death band on it. Cindy and Casey are alive and well... Caylee's remains were found not even a mile from the safety of her own home.

The Suburban Drive scene directly leads back to the Anthony home. The rare duct tape. Caylee's Winnie the Pooh blanket. The garbage bags. The laundry bag. The heart shaped sticker. Oh, and Caylee's remains!

A jury does NOT have to aquit Casey if the evidence is circumstancial. If everything adds up and there are no kinks in that chain... and every single thing points back to Casey Anthony being responsible for Caylee's death... without any doubt they can convict her.

:clap::clap:

IMO it all depends on how the defense is able to play this out. If they can label KC a habitual liar and thief early on and keep that as an ongoing theme throughout the trial there is no way the jury will believe KC when she cries abuse.
-31 days
-Universal Studios
-"It smells like there was a dead body in the car..."
-the duct tape
-the heart sticker
-the apartment she dropped Caylee off at...that was vacant
-the nanny that never existed
-the nanny's mother's residence that never existed
-the friend who recommended the nanny who never did
-the phone call from Caylee that never happened
-stealing from family
-stealing from friends

"Guilty as charged."

the High School graduation that didn't happen
the jobs she never had
the pregnancy she never acknowledged until she couldn't hide it any more
the (unreported) money she stole from various people
her very weird videos of her daughter
her lies, lies, lies....

See, I don't find anything circumstancial about

1) The trunk smelling of human decomposition. The air samples prove that there was a decompositional event that took place in Casey's trunk. The canine dogs prove this and the human nose has proven this numerous times. The stain, if the jury is able to make out Caylee's outline, proves this. What proves that this was not only human decomposition, but that the human that was decomposing in the trunk of Casey's car, was Caylee Marie Anthony, is the hair with the post mortem death banding.

2) There is nothing circumstancial, imo, that everything found at the scene where Caylee was eventually found ties back directly to the Anthony home. Duct tape. Garbage bags. Laundry Bag. The Winnie the Pooh blanket. The heart shaped sticker. NOW that we are going to say that there is no ZFG.. means that ZFG never had a key to the Anthony home.

3) The searches for chloroform when high levels of chloroform was detected in the trunk of Casey's car.

4) Casey texting about the smell of death in her car... that should be added to #1 on my list, but what was she thinking???

5) Telling LE that Caylee had actually called her that day 911 was finally called to report Caylee missing. The day Casey wanted one more day because 31 days was not quite enough for her.

6) The 31 days of partying... sleeping with Tony... getting a tattoo.... there is just too much there that proves she could care less about the death of Caylee.

I could go on and on and on... even if this is circumstancial evidence.. it all comes full circle... Casey sure likes circling people's names.. she should be circling her own... with a bullseye!

Excellent post Lola. You're not an attorney are you?
I especially like how you've brought in Casey's behavior in those 31 days. She complains about an odor in the car and claims it's from dead squirrels. IMO that is done to cover up or explain away the smell in case one of her pals happen to get a whiff inside the car.

Another excellent point is the advance search of cholorform and or how to make it on the computer. Which ties in nicely with the actual evidence of the stuff in the car.

One of the charges I think is being looked over is how she lied to LE during the investigation. No job at Universal. No Zanny the Nanny. No proof of a babysitter living at the apartment at Sawgrass. Who goes to this extent of lying when the cops are wanting a mother to provide information to help find their missing child? She did everything she could to throw cops off the trail. All these lies to me tie directly into covering up what really happend.

Again, thanks for compiling such a great post.
jmo

IMO I think he is mostly looking for jurors who are not willing to give the death penalty, and I don't think this is a death penalty case. However, I don't think she'll get an acquittal because she abandoned her daughter for 31 days. When you have a circumstantial case it's hard to tell. I'm personally waiting for the trial to make up my mind.

BBM

Respectively Allvada - you would feel better if you comforted yourself by continuing to read the evidence released and the depositions.

In paragraph one, the home ICA lived in will not be considered at during the guilt phase of the trial. ICA will be found guilty before anything in her background will be considered. Historically jurors do not care a fig for what your background is like when it comes to capitol murder.

In paragraph two, the SA have provided indisputable evidence that Caylee was missing and dead after the date ICA began complaining for a number of days about the smell in her car. The SA also has provided evidence to prove Caylee's body was in the trunk of ICA's car during the time ICA was still driving it. And the SA knows the day the car was dumped at Amscott.

Paragraph three - there are no surprise witnesses for the Defense. They have all been given depositions and if these witnesses change their testimony on the witness stand they will be committing perjury. We know what the Defense witnesses are going to say.

Paragraph four - ICA was an adult when she committed this murder. Having her parents caring for her and her child because she was a "young" adult, that will be considered a strong point for the SA. This was not a desperate, poor uneducated mother unable to care for her child.

Paragraph five: how her parents acted before this trial, and during it will have no bearing on ICA's guilt or innocence in the murder trial. It makes no difference whether they are there supporting ICA or Caylee or both, except to the levels of resentment in my fellow WS posters.

And finally - I love the Florida sunshine laws - because we know what the evidence is, my confidence in a guilty verdict has never wavered.

So again, take comfort in the evidence files whenever you are feeling really nervous! :therethere:

:tyou: What a great Post I could not figure out how to say things the right way .. Thank you For Your For Post..

Exactly! There is no getting around that rare duct tape! They may say she did that to stage some sort of kidnapping... because she panicked... but why three strips of duct tape? Three strips of LONG duct tape... for a babies face they were long. No way they can explain three... possibly even four pieces of duct tape on Caylee's remains. One they might have been able to squeeze a little reasonable doubt in there... but not three. Not to mention that Caylee, imo, was placed in the "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages" T-shirt... which I believe was purposely done. She was punishing Caylee for something. She was silencing her for good. That and Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee!

LolaMoon thanks for bringing up the "Big Trouble" shirt. I suspect it has a meaning. Maybe it was a shirt Cindy bought for Caylee and thought it was so cute. Or, it could have a completely different meaning - one of how Casey actually thought of her own child.

Of course in order for this shirt to have any specific meaning to her or Caylee's grandparents or the world is the idea that Casey expected for the body to be found. And, I do believe Casey dressed up her dead daughter in anticipation that the body would be found and the extra amount of tape would indicate a kidnapping. This thought chills my heart.
jmo

If Jose goes after the K-9 handler like he did at pre trial ..and the other witnesses .. The Jury will have had their belly full.

It was clear what he was doing and the most simple items like K-9 log book ect ... they will see through his lame tactics..

Slightly off-topic, but pertains to premeditation and the likelihood of her conviction - I have often wondered if the duct tape was KC's back-up plan, when the chloroform failed to work effectively. Face it, KC's no chemist, and while I've no idea how easy or hard it would be to manufacture chloroform, KC could easily have mucked up the process and thought, "No worries. I've got my (or poor Amy's) trusty duct tape right here!"

JB may think he's going to get an acquittal because he's a buffoon, but it ain't gonna happen. 31 days. (Actually longer b/c she never did report it, did she?) That's the only evidence they have to introduce. There isn't a reason in the world that any person --no less a mother--would not be FRANTIC over a child missing more than a few minutes.

No. I don't think that he thinks he can get an acquittal. He most likely thinks that if he can concentrate enough that he can either get a mistrial or an appeal and I think he will put all of his efforts into doing just that.

moo

JB may think he's going to get an acquittal because he's a buffoon, but it ain't gonna happen. 31 days. (Actually longer b/c she never did report it, did she?) That's the only evidence they have to introduce. There isn't a reason in the world that any person --no less a mother--would not be FRANTIC over a child missing more than a few minutes.

Exactly ..she didn't come home and and tell her parents .. I have something to tell you .. We need to............ I need to........... No Caseys mother was frantic.. she called for help ..and made her Casey tell that her daughter was gone
Casey was laying back with her homies chillin...

I believe KC thinks she can get an acquittal.

JB and the rest of the team may be aiming for not getting the DP, or possibly getting convicted on a lesser charge. IMO, KC and JB have different goals, and now that its game time, KC may be putting more and more pressure on the team, or she may feel that nobody is really listening to her. In her head, all people have to do is listen to what she is saying and then everything will be clear. This is what she's always done, and now it's not really working.
Circumstantial case, sure. It is some extremely convincing circumstantial evidence!

KC will prove it to the jury herself by sitting there like ice and only reacting with a scintilla of emotion when the topic of discussion is her. She'll prove it to them by avoiding eye contact and remaining stoic during testimony that will have them nauseated.

Yes she will. She has already proven that during jury selection. I was at first somewhat concerned in regards to a juror or two, but my DH pointed out to me that even those without children who have issues "judging" people will not be able to resist the effects and horrors of exactly what was done to Caylee. They will all see the ice that runs through her veins, and straight from her very own mouth! They will here all of the jail phone calls, and video visits which imo will sink her heavily. They will not be able to get it out of their minds! Along with all of the photos of sweet Caylee (her remains) and the duct tape! Ughhh I get ill to my stomach just thinking about it!!!

the High School graduation that didn't happen
the jobs she never had
the pregnancy she never acknowledged until she couldn't hide it any more
the (unreported) money she stole from various people
her very weird videos of her daughter
her lies, lies, lies....

How she was never, ever a college student @ Valencia
The ice cold manipulations and emotional blackmailing of her parents and brother while in jail. They claim ICA was used as a pwan, WRONG!!!! It was sweet princess Caylee who was used as a pawn and decoy for her mother's machinations. Sick, really sick.

Nope I don't believe for one milisecond that JB or the rest of this DT believes that they can get her acquitted.

See, I don't find anything circumstancial about

1) The trunk smelling of human decomposition. The air samples prove that there was a decompositional event that took place in Casey's trunk. The canine dogs prove this and the human nose has proven this numerous times. The stain, if the jury is able to make out Caylee's outline, proves this. What proves that this was not only human decomposition, but that the human that was decomposing in the trunk of Casey's car, was Caylee Marie Anthony, is the hair with the post mortem death banding.

2) There is nothing circumstancial, imo, that everything found at the scene where Caylee was eventually found ties back directly to the Anthony home. Duct tape. Garbage bags. Laundry Bag. The Winnie the Pooh blanket. The heart shaped sticker. NOW that we are going to say that there is no ZFG.. means that ZFG never had a key to the Anthony home.

3) The searches for chloroform when high levels of chloroform was detected in the trunk of Casey's car.

4) Casey texting about the smell of death in her car... that should be added to #1 on my list, but what was she thinking???

5) Telling LE that Caylee had actually called her that day 911 was finally called to report Caylee missing. The day Casey wanted one more day because 31 days was not quite enough for her.

6) The 31 days of partying... sleeping with Tony... getting a tattoo.... there is just too much there that proves she could care less about the death of Caylee.

I could go on and on and on... even if this is circumstancial evidence.. it all comes full circle... Casey sure likes circling people's names.. she should be circling her own... with a bullseye!

1) Circumstantial, all based on shaky science that isnt accepted by the mainstream in the field. FBI even admits they cant prove the hair that was found indicates decomp or certain. Reasonable doubt can be shown.

2) Highly circumstantial. Doesnt prove Casey was the murderer, the things found could implicate anyone in the Anthony home or access to the home, again, reasonable doubt could be shown.

3) Circumstantial, mother Cindy also works with Chloroform and has done searches for such. Plenty of reasonable doubt here.

4) Doesnt look good for Casey but can easily be explained away by DT in any number of ways to seed reasonable doubt.

5) Lying to LEO isnt a good idea but it doesnt prove murder. It doesnt make her look very good and coupled with other evidence these types of lies may eventually be her undoing but a good defense attorney can seed reasonable doubt even here.

6) True but it doesnt mean she killed her and that is all that matters.

As far as I am concerned, just based on all the facts I know as of today (and I do not know them all so my opinion could change), but as of now, what I do know would not allow me, in good conscience, to vote for a conviction for first degree murder. Lesser charges possibly, but I would have to see the choices first.

Casey did a lot of VERY STUPID things and there is a chance that she did murder the child, but that doesnt matter in our system of justice, all that matter is, CAN THE STATE PROVE IT...I am not certain they can.

I have gotten a countless number of acquittals in cases where the state had far more evidence than this. The only reason a guilty verdict may happen is because of all the pre trial publicity, which, IMO, is a shameful way to get a convicition, like CA or not, under our system of jurisprudence she deserves a fair and impartial trial by jurors not tainted by the likes of Nancy Grace et al.

My prediction: Hung jury.

1) Circumstantial, all based on shaky science that isnt accepted by the mainstream in the field. FBI even admits they cant prove the hair that was found indicates decomp or certain. Reasonable doubt can be shown.

2) Highly circumstantial. Doesnt prove Casey was the murderer, the things found could implicate anyone in the Anthony home or access to the home, again, reasonable doubt could be shown.

3) Circumstantial, mother Cindy also works with Chloroform and has done searches for such. Plenty of reasonable doubt here.

4) Doesnt look good for Casey but can easily be explained away by DT in any number of ways to seed reasonable doubt.

5) Lying to LEO isnt a good idea but it doesnt prove murder. It doesnt make her look very good and coupled with other evidence these types of lies may eventually be her undoing but a good defense attorney can seed reasonable doubt even here.

6) True but it doesnt mean she killed her and that is all that matters.

As far as I am concerned, just based on all the facts I know as of today (and I do not know them all so my opinion could change), but as of now, what I do know would not allow me, in good conscience, to vote for a conviction for first degree murder. Lesser charges possibly, but I would have to see the choices first.

Casey did a lot of VERY STUPID things and there is a chance that she did murder the child, but that doesnt matter in our system of justice, all that matter is, CAN THE STATE PROVE IT...I am not certain they can.

I have gotten a countless number of acquittals in cases where the state had far more evidence than this. The only reason a guilty verdict may happen is because of all the pre trial publicity, which, IMO, is a shameful way to get a convicition, like CA or not, under our system of jurisprudence she deserves a fair and impartial trial by jurors not tainted by the likes of Nancy Grace et al.

My prediction: Hung jury.

Acquittal--no way. Hung jury--probably. Other than that I take exception to your analysis (but in a very loving way).
#1) Decomp smell in car. You have former LE (GA), Nurse (CA), LE, & Vass (expert) all stating that they are familiar with the smell of decomp, the smell of decomp is unique and that is what they smelled in the car.
#3 Access to Chloroform/Computer searches. There is no evidence CA ever had access to chloroform. Cindy never testified she searched for chloroform--she testified she once --possibly-searched for chlorophyll. Evidence shows CA was a work at time of computer searches -of which there were two.
#4-if that can be easily explained away--have at it! I'd like to know just one reasonable explanation for that.
#5- The jury will be instructed that the lying to LE is evidence of a consciousness of guilt.
#2: During this 31 day period 3 out of the 4 people who had access to the Anthony house were all frantically concerned about Caylee and when found she was missing immediately reported it to the police. The 4th person never reported it--after it was reported tried to say it was just a matter of her mother being overly dramatic--and to date never showed any concern. Again, the jury will be instructed that only one person who had access to the Anthony house actions demonstrated a consciousness of guilt.
#6-KC stated she was panicked and searching for Caylee during these 31 days. Her partying shows she was not searching but she was having a heck of a time! Nor did she act as if she were in fear of her life or that of any family members.

We won't know until it unravels. However, at the end of the day, most of it seems totally circumstantial. If the jurors follow their orders and not their hearts she will get off.

Nothing actually ties her to the body.

I disagree. There is one huge thing that ties her to the body. She had SOLE CUSTODY OF THE BABY when she went missing. It is not like a husband or teen daughter that could have run off on their own or killed themselves.

Casey had the child and was responsible for that child and HAS TO ANSWER for that child's whereabouts. That is what ties her to the body.

She had custody of the toddler on the afternoon of June 16th. Then we see her without the child at dinner time. WHERE WAS THE BABY? That question ties her to the body. She KNOWS what happened between early afternoon and early evening when she was suddenly without her child. Soon we will all know as well.

If JB does not think he can get a acquittal, than the next logical question for me is whether or not he has made his client fully aware of his professional opinion.
Of course, no attorney wants to tell their client that they could lose a case, but doesn't it seem unethical to not tell your client that they are facing an uphill battle with slim to no chance of acquittal? I would want my attorney to tell me the truth and tell me that he was going to fight his hardest to stop it, that I have a team of the best attorneys I can get-that money can buy with the likes of AndreaL and LKB having worked for her- Has he been that honest with her?

But :waitasec:...KC herself has to know what she is up against, ego or not. If JB explained the above to her, it should not come as a shock.

Everyone lies, everyone dies...What if Judge BP said that to ICA at sentencing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd