Does their RELUCTANCE to sit forthe CIVIL depositions affect your opinion of the A's?

Does the reluctance to sit for deposition affect your opinion of the A's?

• Yes, it is a negative for me.

Votes: 304 88.6%
  • No, they were within their rights.

Votes: 39 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OMG, just when I thought that I couldn't become any further disgusted with these people along comes another example of why I am.

Call me skeptic, but I think this "idea" has been in the works since GA took his trip to Daytona. The lightbulb went off that "being emotionally fragile" garnered tons of sympathy.

Yes, they are all 'emotionally fragile', who wouldn't be if they were in the situation the Anthonys are in, however, I don't believe they should be exempt from responding to legal
questions or actions. IMO, BC is buying time and I believe he had the lightbulb moment, not the A's. All they want him to do is prevent anyone from requiring them from telling the truth.

I've tried so hard to understand them. I empathize with their loss. But I continue to be astounded at how oblivious they are to the damage they do to others - a long, long list. That they expect special treatment from LE, from the courts, from everyone, is just an extension of the belief in their entitlement. The fact that this family's pathology flew under the radar until Caylee's death is a real tragedy, IMHO.

Sometimes , in desperation, I think they must be deliberately being outrageous in order to gain sympathy for Casey. You know, "My God, her parents are so awful and her brother is really weird. She must have grown up in a horrible home, was abused, etc, etc, etc." Then I remind myself, "Nope, no acting here. Outrageous is normal operating procedure for the A clan."

Guess one thing that sticks in my craw is that there is a huge impression that the A's want special treatment. I do understand that what they have been through is a nightmare, but they have injected themselves deeply in this case, told mistruths, and then when hard questions started being asked, they retreated into the "grieving grandma/fragile" mode.
While they may not like it, the laws of Florida are clear. If they don't like it, they can do like everyone else: write a letter to their Congressman.

Bolded by me. Mistruths is an A-ism. Why don't we just come out and say it? They lie. They bald-faced lie. That's why they don't want to give any depositions and will seek to delay them as long as possible. They know darn well if the truth comes out they could be in serious trouble, including GA, no matter how many free passes we try to give him out of compassion. As long as they continue to sugarcoat lies by calling them mistruths they will live in the la-la land they currently live in, where they can drink all the KC Kool-Aid they want for free. CA will no doubt badger some poor doctor to death until he or she writes a letter saying she's too fragile to give a deposition. If I were ZFG I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the depos. Heck, she might be better off waiting. I expect they'll have their own talk show any day now - because they don't like publicity. :wink:

They are just postponing the inevitable, IMO. They need to step up, face the facts and get this thing going. Their love for Caylee, an innocent little child, should trump their love for their daughter.

You said it all !!! :clap:

bolded by me

Hi diz, I will hopefully explain it right.
The A's have done a lot to help Casey. From the washed pants, cleaned knife, not giving the searchers a garment of Caylees so they can have the body found sooner, and more.....WHY?
That is a family that will stick together, they see all the evidence stacking up against Casey starting with 31 days missing without a 911 call. THEY know Casey is going away, and they know they lost both of them and not just one.
They are delaying whatever they can delay from the start.....To help Casey. What is a parent to do when they pray and hope for the best, but deep inside they do know. They did lose two.

Giving testimony may get in the way of the Criminal case MAYBE....not sure.
but they have done delay as best as they can.....because....
If it takes a very long time for a case to come to a verdict, sometimes when evidence is not clear a case has been known to fall apart, and TIME is their only friend right now.
THEY HAVE ONLY ONE POSITION - help Casey, it is too late for Caylee.
What can they gain: the least - Casey will not be in general population. the most - Casey will beat this.
She is not going to beat this....but they are going to play delay to the bitter end.

JMO

Bold mine

Songline,
I get that the Anthony's want to delay, in any way possible, having to testify in any proceeding that involves KC. My question was how does their testimony have any bearing on whether KC goes in a protective custody versus general population? What impact does anything they have to say have on her cell assignment in prison? That is what I am questioning. :waitasec:

They havent REFUSED to sit for it, right? Its just a delay. Couldn't the decision be overturned if after damages are awarded, if it is put forth that the A's were mentally unfit to answer those questions to the best of their ability at that time?

And seriously what can the A's say in a depo that hasnt already been said in all of their statements....which amounts to KC telling them that zanny was the name of the babysitter.
I can understand them needing KC's depo, but nobody else ever saw the imaginary nanny, heard her, knew where she lived etc.
I trust that SS knows what he is doing, and is doing what's right from a legal standpoint.
I havent seen all the docs related to this case (because i think its frivolous) but are Iassen and Amy and everyone else that heard KC use that name required to give depos also?

Hi!
"Everyone else" did not reside in the home where Casey and Caylee lived. "Everyone else" did not provide for the support of Caylee and provide for her care on a daily basis. "Everyone else" did not pay Casey's phone bill and have the ability to know what she was up to as intimately as her immediate family did. If ANYONE knows the truth about the "nanny" it would be them.

And the entire reason for the depositions is to get their statements on the record in THIS case prior to it being tried. It is much the same as the judge educated Jose about one day in court-his right to depose all the state's witnesses. Likewise, J. Morgan has the same right to depose anyone who would or may have intimate knowledge of this phantom called the nanny and he is starting with those in her immediate family. It is nothing unusual and a common everyday practice. They are MAKING it into something more than it should be by avoiding it like the plague.

Me thinks the A's protest too much...:rolleyes:

It really does not affect my opinion of the A's because I truly think there is a conflict of interest between the civil trial and the criminal trial. Here again, who could have put an end to the ZFG lawsuit? JB and KC could have put an end to this lawsuit when it was first filed. Instead, they counter-file against ZFG. :::unbelievable:::

Sure, if they have to participate in the depositions, I don't see any choice other than to go and tell the truth. I'm sure their concern is whether it will affect KC's defense about the Nanny (which they now know is not true).

Even if the Anthonys know their daughter killed her child, they don't want to contribute to her conviction.

I don't know about Florida, but isn't there a way to seal a deposition until after the criminal trial? If I were the A's attorney, I would be trying to get the depos sealed.

Sue

ITA No parent wants to be in their shoes. If depos were sealed I do not think they would have a problem but to have to do this before the criminal trial makes it very hard for them.

Bolded by me. Mistruths is an A-ism. Why don't we just come out and say it? They lie. They bald-faced lie. That's why they don't want to give any depositions and will seek to delay them as long as possible. They know darn well if the truth comes out they could be in serious trouble, including GA, no matter how many free passes we try to give him out of compassion. As long as they continue to sugarcoat lies by calling them mistruths they will live in the la-la land they currently live in, where they can drink all the KC Kool-Aid they want for free. CA will no doubt badger some poor doctor to death until he or she writes a letter saying she's too fragile to give a deposition. If I were ZFG I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the depos. Heck, she might be better off waiting. I expect they'll have their own talk show any day now - because they don't like publicity. :wink:

I guess I forgot to ad the "quotes" around mistruths. My use of this particular "Anthony-ism" was entirely sarcastic. Hells Bells, they both have lied so much I keep looking to see if their noses have grown!

Hi!
"Everyone else" did not reside in the home where Casey and Caylee lived. "Everyone else" did not provide for the support of Caylee and provide for her care on a daily basis. "Everyone else" did not pay Casey's phone bill and have the ability to know what she was up to as intimately as her immediate family did. If ANYONE knows the truth about the "nanny" it would be them.

And the entire reason for the depositions is to get their statements on the record in THIS case prior to it being tried. It is much the same as the judge educated Jose about one day in court-his right to depose all the state's witnesses. Likewise, J. Morgan has the same right to depose anyone who would or may have intimate knowledge of this phantom called the nanny and he is starting with those in her immediate family. It is nothing unusual and a common everyday practice. They are MAKING it into something more than it should be by avoiding it like the plague.

Me thinks the A's protest too much...:rolleyes:

Due to the sunshine law the depos will be all over the media, I would think to do this before the criminal trial will cause serious issues of KC getting a fair trial. Maybe that is why the delay, If they realize that she is guilty they may still want her to have a fair trial. What I do not understand is why this case has not been thrown out .When KC was shown ZG picture she said it was not the right one so how is there still a lawsuit?Documents that have already been released to the public have shown the family never met or spoke to the nanny.As far as Cindy and George saying ZG took Caylee that was what KC told them so they were not out to slander her. I do not understand how they can be sued, KC told the police the same thing they investigated ZG can they be sued too?:waitasec:

It does not change my opinion of them at all. I wouldn't want to do it either if I knew that the whole world was going to know what I said. Maybe they have valuable info that they would be much more comfortable sharing with LE if they knew it wasn't going to be public knowledge. More than likeley, they just do not want to be the ones that send Casey to the dp. It would be a tough call either way.

Here's where I'm coming from on this...

I do believe Zaneida has been harmed by the accusations.

I believe the suit is valid for that reason. She didn't do -anything- wrong and has people thinking she may have kidnapped a little girl? How can anyone consider that less than horrible?

Also, and I might need backup on this because I can't remember the exact circumstances... I think it was on JVM? Zanieda's attorney asked someone from the defense (while holding up a picture of Zaneida) to just say on national television that -this- is not the Zaneida Gonzalez that kidnapped Caylee... and the lawyer said something like 'this is a trap!'. And refused! I wish I could remember more quickly because I was absolutely floored.

Anyone else have a clearer memory of this? How was that a -trap-?

ETA: They need to answer the questions! Sheesh.

Doesn't really change my opinion on George and Cindy... This Zanaida is obviously not the droids they are looking for. hehe... My name is extremely common... I mean... like.. just under "Joe Smith"...

I don't go around suing people when when people with my name is brought up in an LE interview. Of course, I know this a bit different..

Perhaps Gonzales should have decided to not do media interviews and just let it stand that "That's not me"... and let the existing statements and evidence prove it...

I don't think there is a person living in the free world that thinks that woman had anything to do with Caylee... for cryin' out loud.

It's a frivolous lawsuit... and if the Anthony's want to drag their heels, I can understand that. Doesn't mean that I support or condone them, though.

Don't we have enough on the proverbial plate already?

What is the big deal about answering questions in front of cameras? Media is in the courtroom as well. Give your testimony and get over it.

What is the big deal about answering questions in front of cameras? Media is in the courtroom as well. Give your testimony and get over it.

I think they are just worried about that depo interfering with the main case. The water is muddy already.

Casey gave her name, an accurate description of her car, New York connection, (Plates on car were from NY), the apt. number ZFG looked at, and the names of her two kids that were on the apartment application. Frivolous? She has some splainin' to do. CA said her name many times to the media. she was following her daughters lead and trying to gain her daughter's freedom at the expense of her granddaughter. She needs to splain as well. Collaborating to bring in ZFG's name, then perpetuate her involvement caused financial hardship and dents in her soul and psyche. Maybe it was some other ZFG with the same car, children, and NY plates that looked at apt. 210 not long before Casey killed an innocent child. The burden of proof will be on her in Civil court.

My opinion of the A's is that neither has been too frail to be involved in any act, whether held in ring one, two, or three. They have known what happened since 7-15 when they smelled that smell that cannot be mistaken.

Hammer time!...Break it down!!! Can't touch dis cause it is my opinion. :blowkiss: :crazy:

I reckon I'm glad George and Cindy's hose and hammer show is over.

I guess I forgot to ad the "quotes" around mistruths. My use of this particular "Anthony-ism" was entirely sarcastic. Hells Bells, they both have lied so much I keep looking to see if their noses have grown!
We have a smilie for that!:liar::liar::liar:

Yes, to use the word mistruth is sugar coating it, ITA with everything you wrote here.
:clap::clap::clap:

I personally am tired of the "emotional" side of this for them...if this is that hard----WTH do they think the trial will be???????????? 100X worse I'd bet!!!!! I don't believe the pain of losing someone ever goes away and the court dates always bring it home DAILY......They are never going to get over with---just learn to live with it the best way possible---if they are able to "help" (used here in the loosest way possible--:bang:) RC & family-----go on TV--talk about how evil LE can be in an investigation.....and encourage them to follow in their path of no talking....well let them testify....if thats the only way---so be it! :furious::furious::furious: And if they lie :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Yes, to use the word mistruth is sugar coating it, ITA with everything you wrote here.
:clap::clap::clap:

Coupled closely with their attorney's term "inconsistencies" when speaking about their interviews with LE. The Anthonys wanted to be interviewed by LE again and not tell "inconsistencies" this time. Hmmm, wonder if that ever took place?

Can't anyone in or representing the Anthony family just have enough spine to say the word LIE?

Casey gave her name, an accurate description of her car, New York connection, (Plates on car were from NY), the apt. number ZFG looked at, and the names of her two kids that were on the apartment application. Frivolous? She has some splainin' to do. CA said her name many times to the media. she was following her daughters lead and trying to gain her daughter's freedom at the expense of her granddaughter. She needs to splain as well. Collaborating to bring in ZFG's name, then perpetuate her involvement caused financial hardship and dents in her soul and psyche. Maybe it was some other ZFG with the same car, children, and NY plates that looked at apt. 210 not long before Casey killed an innocent child. The burden of proof will be on her in Civil court.

My opinion of the A's is that neither has been too frail to be involved in any act, whether held in ring one, two, or three. They have known what happened since 7-15 when they smelled that smell that cannot be mistaken.

Hammer time!...Break it down!!! Can't touch dis cause it is my opinion. :blowkiss: :crazy:

I reckon I'm glad George and Cindy's hose and hammer show is over.

Exactly, Casey pinned this on the ZFG at Sawgrass (no ZFG ever lived at Sawgrass, ZFG just happened to be the unlucky one to apply for an apartment that day). She has every right to file a lawsuit and have her day in court. You can't slander someone in this country and get away with it. CA/GA knew that Casey was a known liar, thief, and sociopath. They knew there was no ZFG but they kept up the charade in the media. Zenaida has been harmed by this. How could anyone not be harmed by being accused of kidnapping? I don't believe for one second they are unable to attend the hearing due to mental issues. GA was able to hightail it to the Haleigh case and get his mug on TV as a paid spokesperson for KFN. Cindy had no problem speaking at a public, televised memorial and even sang a little duet. This is a stalling tactic that I hope won't work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back