Does their RELUCTANCE to sit forthe CIVIL depositions affect your opinion of the A's?

Does the reluctance to sit for deposition affect your opinion of the A's?

• Yes, it is a negative for me.

Votes: 304 88.6%
  • No, they were within their rights.

Votes: 39 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To those of you that think that ZFG's case is frivolous and should be tossed, are you bothered by the fact that the Anthony's are putting off the depo?

The point of the counter-suit, as I understand it, is to prove that ZFG's claim is frivolous and exploitative. If so, then for justice to go forward, people need to be deposed thanks to that counter-suit. One would think it would be in the best interest of Casey's counter-suit to be deposed as soon as possible so that BC can prove that the case is frivolous. The As have chosen to drag their feet rather than expedite the process. Why?

If their own DR'S are "afraid " to put in writing the extreme grief the Anths are going through, how much weight would be put on a (stranger) DR. offering up such a document.

No. Not at this point. I expect them to avoid something like this, if possible. Any parent, friend, etc.. would do so. And I would expect their lawyer to work for them.

However, that doesn't include lying, etc.. to get out of it. Or filing stupid stuff just to delay.

Just maybe they truly believe the nanny story? And are afraid that if they mention anything about Zanny being not real, KC would hang for sure?
It seems again they are pointing the wrong doings at this poor woman.

CA & GA are already on LE & FBI tape talking about Zanny. It would actually behoove them both to not make contradictory statements in their respective depositions. JMO

:Welcome-12-june:
To all the:newbie:s:wave:
Been seein a lot lately. Have fun.:detective:

The law is the law, but IMO, the entire civil case should be on hold till after the criminal proceedings. I'm sure it's happened before, but I can't think of a single case where the civil case wasn't put on the back burner till afterward.

If Casey is convicted (or should I say when), it will make the civil case that much easier. Of course, once that happens, Casey will not have to testify, but jurors can use the conviction if they see fit.

If I were the Anthony's, I would not testify about anything until I was assured of full immunity in criminal proceedings.

While I agree that ZFG has every right to sue and I am in her corner on that, I just don't think it's appropriate at this time. On the same note, I do back state's rights, so while I may not agree with everything, it's up to the citizens of that state to determine what's in their best interest.

Just maybe they truly believe the nanny story? And are afraid that if they mention anything about Zanny being not real, KC would hang for sure?
It seems again they are pointing the wrong doings at this poor woman.

Cindy told LE; on taped interview, that she thought the, "nanny," was possibly Jesse or Amy. I think she was clear that she didn't believe there was a real nanny.

No, just reaffirms it. CA, GA and LA have been in it up to their eyeballs from the beginning and have used every dirty trick in the book to throw LE off or delay what will eventually prove their daughter's dirty deeds.

I voted that it was a negative. What it comes down to is doing the right thing, and once again, George and Cindy refuse to do what's right.

Their daughter lied, and George and Cindy perpetuated that lie. The result was destroying the ZFG name. The ZFG that is suing Casey and the Anthony family will forever suffer because of the damage done to her name. ZFG is well within her rights to sue to have her name cleared.

I have respect for Lee for following through with his deposition. But George and Cindy are once again, placing themselves above the law by trying to control when and where and even if they will be deposed.

I wish there would have been more choices. I voted "no they were within their rights" simply because the judge has given them the right not to appear for another 20 days.

I believe that when a person is subpoenaed, he is required by the courts to appear. We wouldn't have much of a justice system if people could decide when to respond to a subpoena and when they didn't feel like it. So NORMALLY I would never vote that it was within anyone's rights to ignore a summons.

There is no way that their attempts to get out of it makes me think negatively of them, however. Although ZFG has every right to sue Casey, her attorney turned me off the day he spoke on Nancy Grace and said he would invite media to attend the deposition and tape and release the tape. Cindy and George have not been treated kindly by most media, and if I were them, I would not want ANY of my statements to be publically released and made fun of, vilified, etc. I think they are grieving grandparents and that if I were in their shoes, I'd be just as reluctant to set myself up for more media airings of my statements.

I don't know how many of you have been in depositions. I have. They can be extremely emotional and adversarial. Why Florida would allow them to be open to the public is beyond me.

I think in terms of civil actions always taking a back burner until the criminal trial is concluded - most are thinking about a wrongful death suit and that must wait until the criminal trial is over.

This case is interesting because ZFG is not really even a credible witness to anything in this case except that she once visited Sawgrass and has NY plates on her car. She's been pulled into this bizarre story purely by chance -she is not a relative and doesn't know anyone close to the child that went missing.

Would a civil trial clearing her hurt the criminal trial? Not really because the "nanny" will be shown to be ficticious anyway. If they use the Nanny defense - they won't use the real ZFG because well, you know, they can't.

For this reason I think this civil case should go forward before the criminal trial. Just sayin.

And yes, I've been deposed three times for different cases and it's very un-nerving.

These people are sitting at a table across from you in a small room and it is very adversarial. I had a lady attorney in Nashville (my bosse's divorce trial) start yelling at me, "...and isn't it true that you made Hotel reservations for Dr. Blank and so and so?" She was coming up with the most hilarious accusations and she was a pit bull (and very smart) but her client was a twit - I just kept my mouth shut and let my bosses attorney object and calm her down before I answered "no".

Honestly, you really cannot be prepared for the intensity, however the A's have had quite a bit of exposure to adversarial situations and interrogations. As uncomortable as they might be, I got my behind dragged into them against my will - why shouldn't they? I'm fragile too you know.

My opinion appears to sink as the case moves backward. The Anthonys have no respect for authority and take no responsibility for their own actions. It has been their MO and they have taught their children the same.

They take rights of which they are entitled w/o hesitanty but will not give to others the rights that belong to them. They simply do not care. They are arrogant and self-serving.

i need another option marked "no because i already had a negative opinion of them"

: )

Me, too. Agreed. The A's have been in front of the media so many times at their own choosing and didn't seem to fragile for that. Soo why all of a sudden are they too fragile. I can't help to sometimes think that GA set things up for situations like this. Sorry if that's wrong.

To those of you that think that ZFG's case is frivolous and should be tossed, are you bothered by the fact that the Anthony's are putting off the depo?

frivolous? losing a job and being accused of kidnapping and subsequently murder is not frivolous. burning oneself by hot coffee is frivolous.

It really does not affect my opinion of the A's because I truly think there is a conflict of interest between the civil trial and the criminal trial. Here again, who could have put an end to the ZFG lawsuit? JB and KC could have put an end to this lawsuit when it was first filed. Instead, they counter-file against ZFG. :::unbelievable:::

Sure, if they have to participate in the depositions, I don't see any choice other than to go and tell the truth. I'm sure their concern is whether it will affect KC's defense about the Nanny (which they now know is not true).

Even if the Anthonys know their daughter killed her child, they don't want to contribute to her conviction.

I don't know about Florida, but isn't there a way to seal a deposition until after the criminal trial? If I were the A's attorney, I would be trying to get the depos sealed.

Sue

Not only did the Anthony's fail at teaching KC to tell the truth, but they are intimately involved in the criminal and the civil cases. They were next to the last people to see Kaylee alive and they know the circumstances behind Caylee's last night alive.

Just answer the damn questions and quit trying to circumvent the system and due process.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back