Dog brought home after 9 months on the run

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Tiki, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Tiki

Tiki New Member

[​IMG]

Sheltie Meggie ran away from her caretaker and was lost for 9 months. Her people never gave up searching. with lots of help from the community (and FaceBook), she was finally captured and reunited with her family!
    Here's her story:

https://www.facebook.com/findmeggie?ref=ts&fref=ts

2. Loading...

3. Herding Cats

Herding Cats New Member

Brilliant...I'm so happy Meggie is back home.

Thanks for posting!

Best-
    Herding Cats

4. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

I lost a dog for 2 weeks once. We had just moved from the city into our first house - winter. Dog got out as I was leaving for work from there for the first time and she ran along the car for awhile, but I had a train to catch and figured she'd find her way home-but she didn't. Night after night I drove those streets looking for her. Then I got a call at work from my wife telling me she had found her way home. I don't mind admitting a bawled when I got home and wrapped my arms around her. She had worn her paws raw trying to find us. I was on my knees crying, and she was crying and wagging her tail and peeing on the floor and licking away my tears and I got wet knees and I didn't even care.