Dog Leaps Out of Window During NYC Robbery Hangs Self

Oooowwww. Poor thing. Thats awful. I personally don't care for pit bulls but no dog deserves to die that way.

From the article:
"Police say the pit bull had been chained up in the Bronx living room early Friday when three armed men broke down the door."

Why was the dog chained up in the LIVING room?!?!?!?!? Seriously? I hope that the moron that owned the dog that the dog was FOLLOWING out the window is charged with SOMETHING! I work in animal wellfare and I see too much of peoples stupidity when it comes to their animals..and not to start an argument...but pit bulls are NOT bad by nature...we have over 300 dogs in our care right now, about 50 of them pit bulls...I am more scared of a labrador retriever than a pit. People are scared of the very name of the breed, any dog that is raised to be mean ...will in fact be mean...be it a pit bull or a pekinese (which we have one of right now that will go directly for your throat if you so much as look at it).

It never occurred to the guy that his dog would try to follow him out the window?

aww, the link no longer works. did the dog go after them or try to jump out from fear? my house got robbed while i was on vacation and when my brother came to check on the house, my dog was hiding in the car in the garage...she was skeerd!!!..lol. and she's a pit/lab mix! some guard dog huh? but we love her...

This is, of course, a sad story about the loss of a dog, but it did remind me of an urban legend from the 70's.

One evening Truman Capote was on the Johnny Carson show, and they were discussing a story about a man who had a first date with a woman. He went to her apartment, and while she was finishing getting ready, he played with her dog. He would bounce a ball, and the dog would grab it, and so on. Then the ball took a huge bounce, and the ball went over the 10th story balcony, followed by the dog.

When Carson and Capote discussed it, wondering what the guy said to his date, Capote said (in his inimitable sing-songy voice), "I would have said, 'you know, your dog seemed very depressed'."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielle79903
Back