Dog mothers baby squirrel that fell from tree

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Anngelique, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Anngelique

Anngelique New Member

Dog mothers baby squirrel that fell from tree

SEATTLE - This is a story about a mother, a baby in dire need and how the two came together.

It didn't matter that they didn't come from the same place, or look at all alike -- they weren't even the same species! But instinct took over when the need was greatest.

Debby Cantlon of Seattle explains: "He doesn't know he's a squirrel; he thinks he's a dog."

She's talking about Finegan, the squirrel. He could be excused for thinking he's a dog, that's how he's being raised.

Rescued at just a few days old, Finegan had fallen from a tree, his mother beside him, dead.

http://www.katu.com/stories/80326.html

2. Loading...

3. Norma

Norma Pook

awwwwww!

But does she really think this thing can go back out to the wild?

4. Anngelique

Anngelique New Member

She says she thinks it can but I thought the same question. Isn't that a sweet story though?

5. Shadow205

Shadow205 New Member

I just saw the video of this on Fox news. It was the cutest thing. The little squirrel was nursing right along with the puppies. When I was a kid, a friend of mine had a dog who would mother anything. I have seen her let kittens nurse. I remember one time someone in the neighborhood had a litter of newborn kittens and the mother had died. That old beagle raised those kittens.

6. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

Aw, that is just too sweet. Why can't everything have a happy ending?