Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

Dog shoots owner in arm

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by zwiebel, Dec 19, 2014.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

A ranch dog in Sheridan, Wyoming, has shot his owner, 46 -year-old Richard Fipps, in the arm. However, in the dog's defence, I think it's worth mentioning Fipps had ordered the dog into the backseat, where a gun was laying...with the safety catch off.

Landowner Fipps and two employees had left the vehicle to help another that was stuck in mud. No charges will be made, police say. The fate of the dog isn't mentioned in the article, sadly.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dog-steps-rifle-shoots-man-wyoming-sheriff-n271811

2. Loading...

3. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

The injury is not life threatening, but Fipps may lose his arm. Witnesses statements support the claim the shooting was accidental. It was a Winchester Magnum rifle, if that means anything to anyone.

http://thesheridanpress.com/?p=29004

4. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Well-Known Member

I hope nothing happens to the dog, it's 100% Fipp's fault. :gaah:

5. Meryl12

Meryl12 Member

I looked .300 Winchester Magnum rifles up on the internet. They are a big gun, and it would have done a bit of damage.
    I hope nothing happens to the poor dog, I agree with PrimeSuspect it was 100% Fipp's fault (the safety catch should have been on).

6. Tulessa

Tulessa Well-Known Member

That's a gun for BIG game. My dog is smart, alerts on medical with me, can almost spell! But even he couldn't be taught to turn the safety catch on. I even taught one of my GSD's to answer the phone. But this is totally the mans fault. Praying for poor doggy.

7. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

Beware of dog. He won't bite the hand that feeds him, but he will shoot your arm off.

I do hope the man won't lose his arm.