Dog the Bounty Hunter #2

He hasn't lost his show yet since he is only suspended. His show should be cancelled. Like some posters of said on here he shouldn't have gotten a show just for capturing 1 person, especially since that perv Andrew Luster was already in the FBI's sights and they would've gotten him anyway and done it the LEGAL way.

So are you upset that he said a "bad" word, or are you upset that he had/has a show. I just don't understand what it is you want to happen?

The same could be said for ANYONE'S apology. I doubt if you have a truth meter to gauge his remorse. And seriously, who gives a chit? IdahoMom is right. Dog has given his pound of flesh. Enough already.
Well said Ntegrity!:clap::clap::clap:

Has anyone here read Dog's book, "You Can Run?"

I did, and I found it to be disgusting. He isn't the "greatest bounty hunter" who ever lived. The way he has treated women in his past is terrible. He has at least nine kids of his own by my count in the book. He even has two sons he hasn't even met yet! He wasn't faithful to Leland's mom, he and wife number 2 lost a son because the baby was born premature in 1980 (and then they had two other sons, one who Dog says he hasn't met yet), he had two or three kids with wife number 3, but blames her for the death of his daughter. Exactly where was he when his daughter needed his help to get into rehab to beat her addiction problems? Yes, he and Beth took her son in, but IMO, Dog should have seen to it that his daughter went into rehab. He didn't send her a plane ticket to the wedding, and she died the night before Dog and Beth were married.

Dog admits that he did crack cocaine and he basically admits he neglected the children he had custody of during this time. Not only that he lost his bail bonds business in Hawaii at that time due to his crack cocaine problem.

I realize Dog's life has been tough, but his book sickened me. And he's right up there with Pat Robertson (sp) with his talks with God! :hand: I guess only Dog and Pat have God's ear....LOL

I think if Dog would have went about capturing Luster legally, he could have saved himself a lot of grief. But the fact remains, he didn't go about it legally. He didn't have the proper paperwork and he didn't contact the Mexican government, which I believe is SOP (if not, someone please correct me). He also admits in the book that he called Luster's cell phone company and said he was Luster in order to get his cell phone records. :doh: I thought that was illegal? What makes Dog above the law? He should be prosecuted for that also, IMO, none of us would get away with that kind of crime.

I can understand law-abiding bounty hunters being upset with Dog. He doesn't give them a good name at all. Plus, Dog has had every opportunity to paint his profession in a good light, and he's failed most of the time.

With the above being said, I don't hate Dog Chapman, I just hate his actions. I do believe he can do a lot of good, but he needs to get rid of his ego problem.:hand:

OK, I am going to go duck behind my computer desk now! LOL

ETA....I am not saying that it is Dog's fault that his son died because he was born premature. I am sure that he has enough guilt to carry around. And in no way would I ever blame someone for the death of a child who was born so prematurely. I just think that Dog should have practiced "safe sex" for awhile!

Should've, would've, could've.

Dog's story is about how anyone can turn their life around. He doesn't glorify what he's done in his past. He hates his past and continually tries to make his life better; and along the way to show others how they can as well. If it weren't for his past, most of these lowlifes wouldn't listen to him because they would feel he didn't truly understand them. He may not be a good role model for the Dudley Do Rights (are there any of those?), but he certainly is for anyone who has made a mistake and wants to change.

I don't remember the comparison you made between Dog and Pat Robertson, but being a Christian doesn't make you perfect or think you are. When you tell others that you're a Christian, you're saying, "I'm not perfect and that's why I need Jesus." When one tells others about their talks with God, they're not saying they're special and you're not, they're saying God has helped me through my prayers, and He will help you, too. Just try it.

As for Luster, he showed great courage to get a horrible man off the streets no matter where he was in this world. Luster's lucky he's in jail and not dead.

Should've, would've, could've.

Dog's story is about how anyone can turn their life around. He doesn't glorify what he's done in his past. He hates his past and continually tries to make his life better; and along the way to show others how they can as well. If it weren't for his past, most of these lowlifes wouldn't listen to him because they would feel he didn't truly understand them. He may not be a good role model for the Dudley Do Rights (are there any of those?), but he certainly is for anyone who has made a mistake and wants to change.

I don't remember the comparison you made between Dog and Pat Robertson, but being a Christian doesn't make you perfect or think you are. When you tell others that you're a Christian, you're saying, "I'm not perfect and that's why I need Jesus." When one tells others about their talks with God, they're not saying they're special and you're not, they're saying God has helped me through my prayers, and He will help you, too. Just try it.

As for Luster, he showed great courage to get a horrible man off the streets no matter where he was in this world. Luster's lucky he's in jail and not dead.

I really don't think that Dog hates his past life. In fact, he admits he missing sleeping with women in order to get information on people he was seeking. And if he regrets his past so much, why isn't he making more of an effort to reconnect with his two sons who he says he doesn't know? And I'm not a Dudley-do-Right, but I know enough not to make the same mistakes over and over (most of the time).

God has helped me also through prayer, but I don't go around saying that Jesus told me I'm the "chosen one," or other such nonsense. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
Please don't tell me what to try or not as far as religion is concerned, I'm a Christian but I don't feel the need to tell others how they should approach God or other people.

As for Luster, Dog went after him in order to be called the "greatest bounty hunter" ever. He wanted the fame! He didn't need to be on every show announcing he was going after him, if all he wanted to do was get Luster back in custody. No, Dog was looking for a reality show, and by George, he got that, however temporarily....He could have went after Luster quietly, without all of the fanfare, but he didn't. And that seriously makes me question his motives....I do think however, the world would be a better place without the Andrew Lusters of the world in it! And Dog's lucky some Mexican police officer didn't get trigger happy and shoot him when he refused to get out of the car after he had Luster in custody.

I feel that rules should apply equally. Dog is not an officer of the law or of the court, but yet he feels he should be entitled to break the law when going after fugitives. It doesn't work that way. And he broke the law numerous times going after Luster.

"People who live in glass houses should not throw stones" reminds us that we should be careful how we treat other people (with our words and actions) because we can all be easily hurt. People "throw stones" at other people to try to hurt them, and one way that people try to hurt other people is by saying bad things about them. If you lived in a "glass house" it would be very easy for other people to hurt you by throwing stones at you...Sometimes we forget our own vulnerability and "throw stones" at other people in the form of criticism. A person might remind us that we too have our own faults and weakenesses
http://www.goenglish.com/PeopleWhoLiveInGlassHousesShouldNotThrowStones.asp

There seems to be a neighborhood around here of these.......

"People who live in glass houses should not throw stones" reminds us that we should be careful how we treat other people (with our words and actions) because we can all be easily hurt. People "throw stones" at other people to try to hurt them, and one way that people try to hurt other people is by saying bad things about them. If you lived in a "glass house" it would be very easy for other people to hurt you by throwing stones at you...Sometimes we forget our own vulnerability and "throw stones" at other people in the form of criticism. A person might remind us that we too have our own faults and weakenesses

Point taken...I'll take leave of this thread now....

My thoughts exactly; well said! ;)

Point taken...I'll take leave of this thread now....

That's a shame, tez, because I (and I am sure others) enjoy reading your posts. I find it humorous that Dog's fans are such ardent supporters to the point of being offended by anyone who dares to criticize him. Tez isn't allowed to criticize his parenting skills? Everyday on this forum I read numerous posts where people rake absentee fathers over the coals. Why is he the exception? Because he is a bounty hunter who caught Luster? No one is saying he hasn't done good things in his life. And for the record - people are judged everyday in life and on this forum, whether it is right or wrong. Opinions will differ.

That's a shame, tez, because I (and I am sure others) enjoy reading your posts. I find it humorous that Dog's fans are such ardent supporters to the point of being offended by anyone who dares to criticize him. Tez isn't allowed to criticize his parenting skills? Everyday on this forum I read numerous posts where people rake absentee fathers over the coals. Why is he the exception? Because he is a bounty hunter who caught Luster? No one is saying he hasn't done good things in his life. And for the record - people are judged everyday in life and on this forum, whether it is right or wrong. Opinions will differ.

Thank you Masterj! I never said he didn't do good things in his life. I know he has.

I just feel he should have went after Luster legally. I am so tired of hearing about how Dog got the shaft where the bail money is concerned. If he would have done things legally, he would have gotten all of the money entitled to him.

God knows I can be a better parent as well as grandparent. I try each day.

Just wanted to say that my last post was not pointed at anyone in particular...my point was we have all said things we do not mean to say...and he did not know the conversation was being recorded, and I for one have made stupid mistakes in my time.

Just wanted to say that my last post was not pointed at anyone in particular...my point was we have all said things we do not mean to say...and he did not know the conversation was being recorded, and I for one have made stupid mistakes in my time.

Ms.Pooh, I didn't even think about the conversation that Tucker recorded when I made my post. I was just going by what I read in his book. Of course, we have all said things that we didn't mean and things we shouldn't have said. I think Tucker was 110% in the wrong for recording the conversation. My post was just about what I felt about Dog's book, nothing more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back