Domestic Violence/Is EB a Battered Wife?

There's a defense ploy for ya. "I had to kill the little girl because her father was mean to me. Everybody's mean to me because I'm Goth." This will not work. This will rile up a jury.

Cow MOO

I'm thinking if AB watched Z get abused by EB without stopping it then it means he thought it was okay, which means he probably did it, too.

I am willing to bet my hard earned dollar that they plan to say that Zahra died of some untreated medical illness. They'll say that EB wanted to take Z to the doctor, but AB, the mean and controlling abusive husband he was, wouldn't allow her to. Then they'll say that AB forced EB to write the ransom note and help dispose of the body, and that EB feared for her life if she didn't help AB.

I am quite certain this is the star defense attorney putting her story in her place. I don't think they plan to say that EB killed Z because she was abused, but rather, she was prevented from taking care of Z because of the abuse.

MOO and all that jazz.

EB was so controlled that when AB went to work she just had to ignore the ailing child in the other room. Eventually the child died, and then AB made her do all those things writing the ransom note and some bloody disposal.

AB probably made her wear sexy shoes too.

Defense can try, but painting EB as submissive is going to be impossible, IMO.

EB was so controlled that when AB went to work she just had to ignore the ailing child in the other room. Eventually the child died, and then AB made her do all those things writing the ransom note and some bloody disposal.

AB probably made her wear sexy shoes too.

Defense can try, but painting EB as submissive is going to be impossible, IMO.

That will be a problem since he stated he worked so many hours he didn't even have time to check on his daughter. The bottom line is Zahra was home with EB, EB wasn't the foreigner to this country, had family nearby and at any time could've gotten out of the house if she so wanted to. She was also the one who went to Australia, met AB, and brought him and Zahra back here with her. If anything it seems she's the controller. MOO

That will be a problem since he stated he worked so many hours he didn't even have time to check on his daughter. The bottom line is Zahra was home with EB, EB wasn't the foreigner to this country, had family nearby and at any time could've gotten out of the house if she so wanted to. She was also the one who went to Australia, met AB, and brought him and Zahra back here with her. If anything it seems she's the controller. MOO

Well, for a man who supposedly worked such long hours, they both sure did have to bounce a whole lotta checks all over town. Not to mention evictions for back rent.

Just sayin'.

I am willing to bet my hard earned dollar that they plan to say that Zahra died of some untreated medical illness. They'll say that EB wanted to take Z to the doctor, but AB, the mean and controlling abusive husband he was, wouldn't allow her to. Then they'll say that AB forced EB to write the ransom note and help dispose of the body, and that EB feared for her life if she didn't help AB.

I am quite certain this is the star defense attorney putting her story in her place. I don't think they plan to say that EB killed Z because she was abused, but rather, she was prevented from taking care of Z because of the abuse.

MOO and all that jazz.

Even if all of that were true, IF I was a juror, it wouldn't matter to me. He went to work EVERYDAY and there was NOTHING to stop her from taking the child to the doctor on the "down low." That, and the FACT that she's an ESTABLISHED LIAR........ I'd have zero problem of convicting her!

Even if all of that were true, IF I was a juror, it wouldn't matter to me. He went to work EVERYDAY and there was NOTHING to stop her from taking the child to the doctor on the "down low." That, and the FACT that she's an ESTABLISHED LIAR........ I'd have zero problem of convicting her!

Did he go to work everyday? The only thing I have seen for income for him is $600 a month. And if iirc a neighbor said he worked some at home. So I would like to hear more from his boss.

Both are violent individuals. I think they give as good as they get by now I think it's pretty established that those close to EB are fearful of her and it also bears mentioning that AB has the AWDW charge for running BB off the road. That's a pretty violent and dangerous move. No way, will I ever be convinced that AB is a victim of domestic violence who was browbeaten by his wife. This was an unstable household at best due to the PARENTS.

Did he go to work everyday? The only thing I have seen for income for him is $600 a month. And if iirc a neighbor said he worked some at home. So I would like to hear more from his boss.

My point exactly! I think both he and EB made money, I'm just not convinced it came from AB being a hardworking, dedicated employee at some company.

I too want to hear more from his current boss, and any former bosses, assuming there ARE any.

My point exactly! I think both he and EB made money, I'm just not convinced it came from AB being a hardworking, dedicated employee at some company.

I too want to hear more from his current boss, and any former bosses, assuming there ARE any.

Yeh I don't see him that hardworking. I have no doubt LE has gotten all that info from the boss. I am sure they have questioned the boss on whether AB mentioned Zahra being sick too. jmo

Not sure where the domestic violence flag in the pdf copy of his file cropped up
from but I still think that if he was normally a batterer we would be
reading news stories
from every woman he ever beat on.

This story is just too famous for people not to be coming forth if there was anything to
this battered woman claim made by EB.

I would not be having to read an obscure reference in some pdf copy of criminal history listing
because it would be all over the news.

I think they did argue and maybe got a little rough on each other from time to time
because I think they liked it that way but I do not think there was any battering
happening to Elisa.

Not sure where the domestic violence flag in the pdf copy of his file cropped up
from but I still think that if he was normally a batterer we would be
reading news stories
from every woman he ever beat on.

This story is just too famous for people not to be coming forth if there was anything to
this battered woman claim made by EB.

I would not be having to read an obscure reference in some pdf copy of criminal history listing
because it would be all over the news.

I think they did argue and maybe got a little rough on each other from time to time
because I think they liked it that way but I do not think there was any battering
happening to Elisa.

BBM

Quite true and I would think Emily would have said he physically abused her I think if he were a batterer we would have heard about it the woman abused by Drew Peterson didn't waste any time speaking out.

**MOO**:cow:

Even if EB WAS abused by AB (or visa versa) it isn't an excuse for what happened to Zahra of course. But I agree,they're very toxic people and IMO probably fed off of their mutual violence in some sick way.

BBM

Quite true and I would think Emily would have said he physically abused her I think if he were a batterer we would have heard about it the woman abused by Drew Peterson didn't waste any time speaking out.

**MOO**:cow:

Hmm. Makes me think of stories I've read about "killer couples". They often do things when they pair up that they didn't do before.

I haven’t seen that EB exhibited any frequently occurring characterists of battered wives. She isn’t submissive, passive, docile, or dependent. She doesn’t claim to be the cause of the supposed domestic violence. She also doesn’t seem to be feeling any guilty related to her abuse and she hasn’t attempted to downplay it.

Abusers frequently involve the victim's children in their efforts to assert control. Some abusers kidnap, sexually abuse, or physically harm the victim's children, or threaten to commit one of these acts. Because it is AB’s child that is missing, IMO, it should be assumed that EB was an abuser.

http://jec.unm.edu/resources/benchbooks/dv/ch_1.htm
http://jec.unm.edu/resources/benchbooks/dv/ch_1.htm#171

If EB is a battered wife, then Casey Anthony is mother of the century.

What boggles my mind is that she acts like people are going to believe her. If she says it, it must be true in spite of evidence to the contrary. The only positive evidence about EB has come from her own mouth, so what does that say about her?

It's like she's Casey if Casey got to the age of forty something before killing someone, which is the scariest thought I've had all day.

If EB is a battered wife, then Casey Anthony is mother of the century.

What boggles my mind is that she acts like people are going to believe her. If she says it, it must be true in spite of evidence to the contrary. The only positive evidence about EB has come from her own mouth, so what does that say about her?

It's like she's Casey if Casey got to the age of forty something before killing someone, which is the scariest thought I've had all day.
ICA was mother of the century if your name is Cindy

Hmm. Makes me think of stories I've read about "killer couples". They often do things when they pair up that they didn't do before.

like the Canadian (I think) couple who killed and raped several girls, icluding the wife's little sister?

Yeah, I think that could fit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back