Domestic Violence Victim FIRED from Teaching!

Every school should have a lock down safety plan in place, in the event some nut shows up. In this case, everyone knows what he looks like and that he shouldn't be on school property.

I agree they were looking for the knee jerk reaction.

The fact that its a catholic school makes what they did to her all the more sickening!

Yes, yes, yes. Here is a thought-the school can nail him for trespassing. Over and Over and Over again.

Stalking is a felony. It wouldnt take much to get him locked away for a long long time.

Oh right-the school doesnt want to be involved.

I hope they are running for rap sheets on all of the parents involved in the school even as we speak.

I look forward to getting an idea from you as to how firing this teacher and how excluding Miles from his class photo are examples of people being supportive of hardships.

Miles, the boy in the photo, is grinning from ear to ear. His life is apparently not at all a hardship to him.

LINK HERE TO MILES

The hardship in both of these stories, imo, is the pure meanness of the adults involved who would rather view those in need as burdensome than lifting them up and teaching inclusion.

The school has placed all blame on the Lifetouch photographer who finally conceded that the photo was badly done.

The Catholic School that fired the victim has affixed all blame on LE, the courts, the victim and the perp.

I think that the case on behalf of the teacher will have to hinge on any anti bullying policy within the school. If they have a policy that includes giving into the bully, the school will be golden. I realize that they operate on a fire at will...but at a minimum they will be dragged through the courts.

I hope this teacher lives to see her settlement from them.

And all the money the church spends to defend this ridiculous decision could have been far better spent by hiring an armed guard!

I just have to wonder what most here would do if they had a Nanny or regular babysitter that was being stalked by a violent ex?

Would people feel differently if their own children were possibly at risk?

I just have to wonder what most here would do if they had a Nanny or regular babysitter that was being stalked by a violent ex?

Would people feel differently if their own children were possibly at risk?

Not me. I would help her. There were options for the school. Moving her for one. This is the Catholic Church. They dont have safe houses?

On top of that, this is a school, not a private home. Apples and oranges imvho.

One more point, if I may-people deal with this in private homes every single day. This teacher is being singled out-I will bet money that they have equivilent threats within the walls of that institution. Again, level the playing field and run the parents for TRO's as well. Or criminal charges.

How about licenses to own/carry weapons? Or mental health issues? Those are actually contributing factors to violence in the schools.

Isolating her and her children is an abysmal response and reinforces the belief that the Catholic Church is simply big business disguised as Christianity.

Children should never be put at risk. No one would want to pay tuition for kids to be exposed to that. She ought to move far away and teach at a juvenile facility or where there are officers with guns if she's really afraid of the ex. A lawsuit will keep her around like a sitting duck for the guy in prison.

You don't think the church has a moral obligation and duty to help move her somewhere and keep her safe while still allowing her to teach?
They certainly did just that when they were busy covering for and moving around pedophiles. Playing the shell game is not something new for the church. Why can't they do it for a victim and her family?

It should fall under "penance"

I also think its time men start standing up and calling out these abusers. Let these cowards know that their behavior will not be tolerated.

I think the correct thing to do would be to move her, not necessarily fire her. That's actually grounds for wrongful termination I would think. I think any school's first priority should always be the children and how to protect them. There are ways to do this without kicking the victim to the curb.

You don't think the church has a moral obligation and duty to help move her somewhere and keep her safe while still allowing her to teach?
They certainly did just that when they were busy covering for and moving around pedophiles. Playing the shell game is not something new for the church. Why can't
they do it for a victim and her family?

It should fall under "penance"

Yes, they definitely should offer a transfer or even a move to another location. I was just wondering how afraid she is of the ex who spent months in jail. Is she afraid for her life or was it less serious and he's not going to be a danger. The article makes it seem like she wants the same job, same place, with her kids there too. That's how many women end up murdered.

Yes, they definitely should offer a transfer or even a move to another location. I was just wondering how afraid she is of the ex who spent months in jail. Is she afraid for her life or was it less serious and he's not going to be a danger. The article makes it seem like she wants the same job, same place, with her kids there too. That's how many women end up murdered.

Her civil rights are being violated for being a victim.
She ideally should be allowed to stay. If the law was working, she could.... But it isn't... The laws need to change!

If the school won't transfer her or help with another job, how is she suppose to find a new one, with this record of getting fired and fears of her ex-husband given as the reason?

They have not only gotten rid of her but also given her a record that will obstruct her getting a new job to support her family.

You know what? I reexamined my mind on this one. I think the a school is in an unenviable position-I'm sure they fear not only for the safety of staff and children but also possible future lawsuits if something were to happen. But yes, compassion and morality dictate that they could at least try to do a little more than throw her out on her azz.

My basic experience in these situations is if he is going to kill her, he will. If he goes away, she will pick another charmer, very similar. These guys and women in these dramas seek each other; they recognize each other across a crowded room. One is seen as a victim. The real victims are their kids, which are usually way down on the list of either parent's concern. Job or no job, the kids are the victims. If they would have been adopted out at 18 months or less, I could let these 2 adults do their ballet forever, away from a school, and not care at all. Sorry, I get so tired of people making terrible decisions and then expecting the rest of us to solve their problems, plus we have to make sure they have a good job, food, housing, medical care. It is old. If she is a certified licensed teacher, she and her kids can change their identities and move. But she will have to talk to mama or someone and he will find them. Always.

I also think its time men start standing up and calling out these abusers. Let these cowards know that their behavior will not be tolerated.

But it is tolerated by their partners, families, etc. If you offer the victim an 100% out, they rarely take it. We should all be mindful of their crazy partner, but God forbid they grow up and do what is best for their own families and selves.

Isolating her and her children is an abysmal response and reinforces the belief that the Catholic Church is simply big business disguised as Christianity.
Christianity is not found in a property-owning business. It is in an individual's heart and mind. That's why only God can truly judge our complete souls.Man is just not at the point where we can know what is in another's thoughts, heart, and mind. We see actions and hear words. But us crazy humans do and say inexplicable things. If you are truly mentally ill, I believe God has a place for you. If you are truly sociopathic or evil, there is a place for you. If you look like a nice Christian person and say the correct things, but are evil in your thoughts, unseen actions, and heart, you join the evil. If you follow the 10 commandments in your heart, actions, and words, while knowing you are mistaken-prone human, stay humble, and turn to God when you screw-up and make amends to the best of your ability, God knows, whether anyone else does or not. Sorry. Off my soapbox now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back