Dominican Republic - American tourists found dead in resorts, same cause of death, 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story in the DailyMail about a man whose wife died in the DR, on her 54th birthday. When her remains were returned to Britain, many of her organs were missing and a second autopsy did not show ANY signs of the disease that he was told she died from; he has been looking for her missing organs for months and after creating a fuss, suddenly a lot of internal organs were returned to Britain but he does not feel they belong to his wife.

I cannot make a link; if anyone wishes to link the story, its a total nightmare.

Thank you in advance for linking it.

Story in the DailyMail about a man whose wife died in the DR, on her 54th birthday. When her remains were returned to Britain, many of her organs were missing and a second autopsy did not show ANY signs of the disease that he was told she died from; he has been looking for her missing organs for months and after creating a fuss, suddenly a lot of internal organs were returned to Britain but he does not feel they belong to his wife.

I cannot make a link; if anyone wishes to link the story, its a total nightmare.

Thank you in advance for linking it.

Husband searches for wife's missing body parts after her mysterious Caribbean death | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I don't know what happened to those people but to me the best thing to do is not to travel to these countries (Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Barbados).
They have many public health issues (and even public safety issues)
If you marry and want to travel abroad...go to Europe or Australia or other "less dangerous" countries.

Last edited:
I don't know what happened to those people but to me the best thing to do is not to travel to these countries (Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Barbados).
They have many public health issues (and even public safety issues)
If you marry and want to travel abroad...go to Europe or Australia or other "less dangerous" countries.
There is a false sense of "less dangerous", if you are going somewhere you don't know, please do some research, don't get out of "tourist areas", period. Some people have been acting like fools in Europe and dying because of it, and this is comming from someone that actually lives in a european country.

I know every single country in the world can be dangerous. I didn't say "Europe or Australia are perfect".
I just said they're less dangerous than many Caribbean countries, for example.
I mean...Italy or Belgium or Spain can be also dangerous, somebody can be killed or die from some "strange illness", but they're pretty much safer than Domincan Republic, Grenada, Barbados, etc...

I know every single country in the world can be dangerous. I didn't say "Europe or Australia are perfect".
I mean...Italy or Belgium or Spain can be also dangerous, somebody can be killed or die from some "strange illness", but they're pretty much safer than Domincan Republic, Grenada, Barbados, etc...
I guess...

US Embassy: FBI delivered toxicology results of dead tourists to Dominican authorities

From the article:

“On September 16, the Federal Bureau of Investigations of the United States (FBI) provided Dominican authorities the results of the toxicology tests carried out to date,”
Last Monday the Attorney General’s Office suspended a press conference, which they had convened to release the results of the tests, alleging that they had received the studies incompletely.

The only safety measure for Americans, Europeans and other Westerners is....not going to the Dominican Republic.
At least until the local government will be able to do something effective against crime.
Until then go to Cuba guys...it's more than safe for tourists. They have really tough criminal laws!

Unless you’re an American diplomat? Then watch your ears.
The only safety measure for Americans, Europeans and other Westerners is....not going to the Dominican Republic.
At least until the local government will be able to do something effective against crime.
Until then go to Cuba guys...it's more than safe for tourists. They have really tough criminal laws!

Speaking of Cuba. Was looking forward to our Cruise there but now that that's been taken away not sure if we'd be able to go.

I don't think I would throw Barbados in that mix, I go every year, not a single issue. I did get robbed in Italy however, just walking down the street had my necklace ripped off. Bad things happen everywhere, it's silly to live in fear. MOO

Sounds like they didn't want to bother spending the time and money on a proper investigation. There's low probability all those deaths were from natural causes, IMHO.

Yes, well, we all "know" that Americans are "fat", "lazy" and probably went on vacation and ate and drank themselves into a stupor. They "all" had heart problems, health issues...victim blaming to the Nth degree.

Right. It was basically written by the Costa Rica Chamber of Commerce. Nothing to see here folks, Costa Rica is safe, and open for tourists.

My husband has COPD, and congestive heart failure. He is on oxygen, and all sorts of pills. We went to Las Vegas for our last vacation, he ate at buffets, went to the "Heart Attack Grill", danced with the waitresses there, had a tequila popper contest at a Mexican restaurant with the regulars at the bar, and danced all night at a Bruno Mars concert. Age 80. He is doing fine. Believe me, if anyone was going to drop dead on a vacation it would have been him. Good thing we go to Vegas, not Costa Rica.

I think it's very much possible tbh.

Last week at a post delivery center in Germany three workers died the same night.

Work was stopped, police was involved because it was possible that they came in contact with a poisenous substance and in the end all died of different natural causes.

There are millions of American tourist traveling to the DR each year, 11 deaths are not that crazy to me.

Good thing we go to Vegas, not Costa Rica.
I hate to break the news to you, but people die in Vegas. Of course, there were the 58 killed by that guy in the hotel room. But otherwise, "Each year about 40 million people visit Las Vegas. In an average year, about 1,100 of them don’t make it home alive. Most of them die of natural causes while here temporarily. And the rest fall victim to non-natural deaths, mostly accidents." When death takes a Vegas vacation

Definitely go wherever you want to for vacation. But where there are people, there will be people dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998